• Views 75,024
  • Replies 584

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the plot twist: the game is 90% identical to the switch version, textures included.

But guys, believe me, that game is more playable than hyrule warriors on O3DS...

See that compare a guy did with the WiiU leak from yesterday comapred to switch version.
It's the SAME game x), just some shaders differs.

But do they both have massive FPS drops in Kakiriko as I've been reading?

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah true but i see a lot more jaggies in the Wii U version tho in the distance.
But if it's truly the same then fuck Nintendo because that's some false advertisment they did !
I hope that there's gonna be a big difference tho. We'll see on Friday
Where did Nintendo say that the switch version is better than the Wii u one?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Where did Nintendo say that the switch version is better than the Wii u one?
They said it in interviews that it had a lot of improvement and most channels "wich have a contract with Nintendo btw because otherwise they can't use Nintendo footage " used the E3 footage vs the Switch footage claiming the Switch version was a lot better in terms of Visual fidelity and so on compared to the Wii U footage. Reggie and so on did say a lot of times that the switch version had better Visuals and framerate wich i clearly don't see in that comparison video. So it is false advertisement

Last edited by kumikochan,

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said it in interviews that it had a lot of improvement and most channels wich have a contract with Nintendo btw because otherwise they can't use Nintendo footage used the E3 footage vs the Switch footage claiming the Switch version was a lot better in terms of Visuals and so on compared to the Wii U footage. Reggie and so on did say a lot of times that the switch version had better Visuals and framerate wich i clearly don't see in that comparison video. So it is false advertisement
They already have way too many pre-orders for the switch, why the need to false advertise? XD

dosa1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horrible performance. The graphics I can live with, but the frame rate drops kills the enjoyment. If the game runs this bad I'm glad I didn't buy it. Not gonna support a company who can't optimize their game properly.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ehh money e.e" But still... they can't make more if they can't meet the consumers demands
Anywho, any other place in the game drop to 10fps? If that's the case I'm selling my Wii-U copy to a friend when I get it <.<
Not only in villages. Like if you travel through lush forests the game tends to drop below 20

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horrible performance. The graphics I can live with, but the frame rate drops kills the enjoyment. If the game runs this bad I'm glad I didn't buy it. Not gonna support a company who can't optimize their game properly.
Not only in villages. Like if you travel through lush forests the game tends to drop below 20
That's pretty disgusting considering they were originally making the game for the Wii-U...

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's pretty disgusting considering they were originally making the game for the Wii-U...
Well the game still isn't officially released, maybe they'll drop out a new day one patch that fixes all those issue's.
And it's probably because they spent more time on the Switch version in the last stages of development. If it would be a Wii U only game, i'm sure it would be more streamlined then.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remember the 2011 E3 trailer... that's were they wanted to go with the Wii U graphically. at least that's what they wanted us to believe in 2011...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks for the video: it shows there is nearly NO DIFFERENCE in what you use. disc is of course really slow. the rest is nearly equal!

https://www.dailymotion.com/1e7f4b5f-45e6-4404-8935-6be90613ca5f

Reactions: spaceinvader74

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only thing Nintendo said, from the mouth of Reggie Fils-Aimé, was that:
1. On Nintendo Switch you get 900p instead of 720p.
2. There are many improvements regarding FPS (in his words "less pop-ins")

TBH, nothing else was said regarding improvements, if you think that is not the case then please illuminate me with some proof, a.k.a. citations.

Reactions: jimbo13

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is scaring and depressing the crap out of me. I'm a poor fuck, so I can't get the Nintendo Switch and I loathe seeing literally EVERYONE around me get this wonderful game in their shiny new Switch, meanwhile I, have to stand the watered-down Wii U version. Now, I could *live* with it, if the game experience was at least the same, but if I'm gonna get noticeable framedrops issues that even the lowest of the low would notice, and a lot of that.. god, this is depressing. The Wii U version is all I can get for a year.. I really hope this issue is mainly because of the leak compression and that the actual game I'll get this Friday physicall will look much better, with or without an update. I want to believe it's because of a compressed leak.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But do they both have massive FPS drops in Kakiriko as I've been reading?
Switch version (docked) have drops that WiiU doesnt, but WiiU got "more" drops, it doesnt matter really to me, because i think its really ponctual, its not constant,
the only way to have a constant smooth experience is to play handled on switch, almost no frame drops.

BE AWARE THAT BOTW IS PORTED, NOT DEVELOPED FOR SWITCH ON FIRST PLACE, thats why it struggle.

Yeah true but i see a lot more jaggies in the Wii U version tho in the distance.
But if it's truly the same then fuck Nintendo because that's some false advertisment they did !
I hope that there's gonna be a big difference tho. We'll see on Friday
Lol, they always said "THE GAME IS THE SAME ON BOTH CONSOLE, ONLY HUD/RESOLUTION DIFFER", so where is false adverts ? It DOES have ONE graphic change, shaders, but its really minimal.

Last edited by nolimits59,

johan_1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is scaring and depressing the crap out of me. I'm a poor fuck, so I can't get the Nintendo Switch and I loathe seeing literally EVERYONE around me get this wonderful game in their shiny new Switch, meanwhile I, have to stand the watered-down Wii U version. Now, I could *live* with it, if the game experience was at least the same, but if I'm gonna get noticeable framedrops issues that even the lowest of the low would notice, and a lot of that.. god, this is depressing. The Wii U version is all I can get for a year.. I really hope this issue is mainly because of the leak compression and that the actual game I'll get this Friday physicall will look much better, with or without an update. I want to believe it's because of a compressed leak.

I don't think the physical copy will be better... I just check the files on the Nintendo servers (they putted it back online today) , they are still the same as the ones that had leaked last week.
The update files comes frome the disc... so no otpimisation will come from here.

Maybe a future patch will do something (maybe a day 1 patch is scheduled).

I'm gonna test it by myself tonight after work :) Cant wait to finally play the fucking game !!

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How are you guys getting the game to play?

25a91e00e6d7c67127c25316101d5641.jpg

Thanks guys

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

johan_1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How are you guys getting the game to play?

25a91e00e6d7c67127c25316101d5641.jpg

Thanks guys

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

You need to install the update. EDIT : It's a game update. Not really a system update. EDIT2 : updates install are done the same way you installed the game. And before you ask where to find it : just find it !

Last edited by johan_1984,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la