Gaming Zelda botw - Best amiibo?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only one time a day.
Seems that changing console date in settings (-1 day scan amiibo +1 day scan amiibo -1 day scan...) lets you bypass the limit but you have to close and reload the game every time.
For now i use it once a day.

The exception is wolf Link. You can rescan that when the wolf "returns to his own world" or whatever and bring him back. No one day limit. I don't know if it works when he dies. I would assume not but he's never died on me yet, just left when he couldn't follow me paragliding and stuff.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
The exception is wolf Link. You can rescan that when the wolf "returns to his own world" or whatever and bring him back. No one day limit. I don't know if it works when he dies. I would assume not but he's never died on me yet, just left when he couldn't follow me paragliding and stuff.
if he dies you have to wait 1 day to reuse it.

Reactions: tbb043

Fotonick

Trophies
XP
Country

Discovered yesterday that to restore wolf link hearts it's sufficient to drop a piece of meat for him to eat and heal. :)

Reactions: Don21

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discovered yesterday that to restore wolf link hearts it's sufficient to drop a piece of meat for him to eat and heal. :)
He'll also eat the stuff he hunts if you don't get to it and pick it up fast enough. Damn, doggy, I wanted that goat steak! :P

Are amiibos restricted to 1 console? Or can use on switch and Wii u?
The game uses them in read mode only, so you should be able to use them on as many systems as you want. I only have 1 system so I can't check, but that's how it reads in amiibo documentation, anyway.

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Best 5 imo in no order
Wolf Link
Guardian - guardian weapons
Smash Bros/TP Link - Epona
Smash Bros Zelda - Light arrows (infinite)?
Majora's Mask for the Fierce Deity Link look and sword

kolosus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion. The two best to have are Wolf Link and Epona. Wolf is very helpful if starting the game off new. Epona for nostalgia. I mean is she better than any horse that you can get? Maybe and if so not by much but having her is cool.

Next best is the Guardian and Zelda. Guardian because good quality Guardian weapons are few and far between and Zelda because somehow I always have extra slots for shields. And it doesn't hurt that the shields are high level. The only way I fill up my shield slots are if I start taking the basic kinds.

All other amiibo are... meh. I mean fierce deity stuff and other armor sets are cool and all but they aren't a game changer. And they are random. I'm still missing the deity tunic but I have two swords. Other sets are cool to have and to show others when playing the game but game changer? No.

And totally forget any stealth strategy while wolf is around. :)
You can target wolf link (with L I think) and tell it to stay/follow. It comes in handy when trying to do stealth or when facing big enemies. The Lynels always kill my wolf and I have to wait another day to respawn it. So when approaching a Lynel I always target the wolf and tell it to stay put before it gets killed off. Wolf is amazing for bokoblin camps and such. It also comes in very handy when looking for certain things with the slate. Need some ice keese wings? Wolf to the rescue.

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
Guardian one is nice, got one on preorder on amazon, £17.

Looks cool too, the other amiibos I could take or leave. Definitely wouldn't buy them.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to unlock the amiibo costumes through hack or some homebrew?

Yes. You can either use the Online BOTW save editor, or you can use Tcpgecko then load up a BOTW trainer on your PC to connect to your WiiU over your local network.

I would post links to the save editor and trainer, but I'm on my phone at the moment. Sorry. Search the forum though, everything I talked about can be found on the forum.

EDIT:

I am on my PC now, so here are the links.

@PandaOnSmack BOTW Trainer - https://github.com/joffnerd/botw-trainer/releases

@marc_max HTML5 BOTW Save Editor - https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-savegame-editor.465753/

Marc_Max HTML5 save editor is many save editors in one, just dump your save from your WiiU with Saviine and upload the save to the save editor and his site will load the correct save editor for your game.

Also, if your BOTW is on version 1.2 (v80), then use his BETA v1.2 Save Editor for BOTW - http://www.marcrobledo.com/savegame-editors/zelda-botw/
After your done editing what every you want, save the changes and download your newly modded game_data.sav, then inject your saves back to your WiiU using Saviine or SaveMii, which ever works for you.

If your having trouble using Saviine, you should read the official Saviine release thread -
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-saviine-wiiu-savedata-tool.399833/

Last edited by TheTechGenius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-