Gaming Zelda 2018, your guess??

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
@Abu_Senpai all other Zelda games require you to get new weapons/tools to get into dungeons and open up new areas of the overworld. There is usually only a few, unique swords that don't break. There are only a few types of clothing (eg Zora's Tunic, Kokiri Tunic...). Each thing you get, clothing, weapon, or tool, can only be gotten at a particular stage of the story because it allows you to access the next part of the story. In BOTW you can get any item any time, and none are important for accessing parts of the story. It is very different to previous Zelda games.

Ahh yes. i heard as much about past zelda entries from other users and people on YT. But after playing BOTW, i really am interested in seeing if i will like games like oot and MM on the 3DS since as you and others have stated they are very different. Are past zelda games more story driven than BOTW?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ahh yes. i heard as much about past zelda entries from other users and people on YT. But after playing BOTW, i really am interested in seeing if i will like games like oot and MM on the 3DS since as you and others have stated they are very different. Are past zelda games more story driven than BOTW?
I'm not sure what story driven means, but yeah the story is pretty important. Get yourself an old 3DS and play Ocarina of Time, you won't regret it. It blew my 13 year old mind when I played it on the N64 :-)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like a Zelda Side Scrolling game like Zelda two, or a Super remodel of the first Zelda that came out. Maybe Zelda 3 will come differently...?
Zelda 3 was ALttP. There were rumors of a Zelda II style sequel tech demo but they're unsubstantiated at this time

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Minish Cap HD
I wish I could dislike posts just for this one lol

Reactions: Lightyose

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll admit it's been a while since I played, but I didn't think it was bad. Mind if you explain your reasoning? I've heard complaints about the Kinstone pieces.
I actually didn't mind it that much, but it was... ok, and that's about all I can say about it. It's short, most of the bosses are forgettable, it's incredibly easy, and the most it has in the way of "sidequests" is going to the same cave every once in a while to have another goron beat on a rock. It's just not really deserving of a remaster in my opinion, I'd much rather see it on the eShop as a $4 VC title

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I mean the game could maybe be a bit better with more information and clues. But the game focus on exploring and being your on quest master. I mean is not a bad game but some useful info would be nice so you don't feel so lost. Why is the world map a grey box? Maybe some details of what is a pathway and what isn't? The part with the hidden passage of looping screens, does it actually indicate where to go? dungeon maps have indication of where you can go. Was it too much to make walls look broken so is easy to tell is bombable? Even in Link to the past with hidden bombable walls you can poke your sword for different sound effect to know is bombable.

Just saying some things was fixed in SNES games that could have been on the NES one that would made the game a bit more casual than having to use a strategy guide like "NINTENDO POWER" or online walkthrough.
Part of the beauty of those games was that it wasn't obvious. There was an experimentation to it, and you'd go to your friends and swap notes on secrets you'd discovered. There was a real excitement to learning something new and being able to share it with your friends. We don't get that it today's world where if you get stuck you can just go online and look up a walkthrough.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of the beauty of those games was that it wasn't obvious. There was an experimentation to it, and you'd go to your friends and swap notes on secrets you'd discovered. There was a real excitement to learning something new and being able to share it with your friends. We don't get that it today's world where if you get stuck you can just go online and look up a walkthrough.
You know what kind of games I did that with? Mortal kombat 2, plenty of hidden stuff in that game and rumors as well, and that was a fighting game.
"Oh, did you beat mega man x? You know he can do RYU fireball from street fighter right? There is a hidden capsule in Armored Armadillo stage that you can get." "I heard if you win 50 matches in a row, you can fight a secret boss in mortal kombat 2"

Your reason is fair enough, though at the time not everyone had friends to social with or had the game to have any info to share. At the time when pokemon became popular, there was only a few kids who had them around where I live. About 8 maybe... and at the time they would be in a library doing trades, it was nice. But is just hard to come by when people just don't have games like that anymore or interest in them for whatever reason.:unsure:

I was just noting how snes games of the nes games had corrected the lack of clues or information that probably turned off a lot of players from trying to finish the game. Not that it was bad, it was either make a game about exploring and explore the game for 6 months before finishing it meanwhile several games was released and not ready to play yet or make a game that gives you just enough so you don't get lost and finish it sooner with enough sense of accomplishment and ready to play another game that just came out.

Next time we get stuck, let's ask some friends for help or share about it here and engage in conversation. Honestly I prefer to talk to people when i want help rather than read a guide that while does have enough info to get you unstuck but is not as fun as being able to discuss it, ask for more details about it or just be happy about it with someone. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up