Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
Then format your drive with a sector size of 2048. Then you can get up to 2036 games on it. Of course the USB loader needs to support the sector size.....

ok thanks

i will try the sector size of 2048 and if that doesnt work i guess i will be scrubbing for FAT for a few weeks

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
megazig said:
that's alot of homebrew there slimmmmmmm. mind a quick rundown of which homebrew you thought was good and bad?

Sure
smile.gif

Guitarfun & Guitarsonfire are quite good.

SuperMarioWar is fooking brill, if anyone is reading this and thinks is it good ? YES ! !

Tetris, sudoko, uno etc are what can be expected..you know the usual thing you expect. But some wiihomebrew is great like the 3 I mentioned, and some of the puzzle and platform games are quite unique too.

Also some others, but if your curious of why so many builds, it was simon & codemii that made me do it.

As for saying which is bad, you know I can't do that....homebrew is good, if I don't like a game it's just my opinion.
wink.gif

Oh, that got me thinking, there was a tank game, can't remember the name of it, but well worth a look, if only I could remember the name of it.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clay.r.08 said:
ocdetective said:
Then format your drive with a sector size of 2048. Then you can get up to 2036 games on it. Of course the USB loader needs to support the sector size.....

ok thanks

i will try the sector size of 2048 and if that doesnt work i guess i will be scrubbing for FAT for a few weeks

i formated a 1,000gb to NTFS before clicking ok to format i saw a options for alocation size i changed it from from default to 1024 and then i clicked format

then i formatted to wbfs through the wbfs manager, i never saw any options like 1024 for the wbfs format, i dont know if i was supose to find a way to set it to 1024 in wbfs

i did notice that i always had 58,848 blocks free in the wbfs manager no matter if i had used defualt or 1024

it will be about 24 hours and i will know if i can add more than 500 now

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(ocdetective @ Jun 3 2010, 10:17 AM)

which loaders will work?

i have used wiiflow, usb loader gx, neogamma and i think something called sd loader it might have been a early version of configurable loader

i have the lastest configurable loader, to be honest i tested it for about 5 minutes and then never touched it again

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
clay.r.08 said:
QUOTE(ocdetective @ Jun 3 2010, 10:17 AM)

which loaders will work?

i have used wiiflow, usb loader gx, neogamma and i think something called sd loader it might have been a early version of configurable loader

i have the lastest configurable loader, to be honest i tested it for about 5 minutes and then never touched it again

none? you need to format a drive to fat32 and start migrating to that.

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
clay.r.08 said:
ocdetective said:

ok thanks

Use the Wii Backup Manager to copy the games from your WBFS drive to .wbfs Files. There is no srubbing, because the games on the WBFS drive are already srubbed.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500 games, wow you're so cool. where do you find the time to play 500 different games for the Wii? I can only think of about 10 worth playing between me having a life.

Back to your issue. You try all the different formats?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1tb drive using fat32 and wiiflow and it holds more then 500 games just fine.

So just switch to fat32 and quit worrying about wbfs format anymore.
All the major loaders support fat32 anyway so you will not be loosing anything by switching.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
clay.r.08 said:
there must be a limit on wbfs
There is.

QUOTE said:
then other people could easily copy the games with no computer skills
The irony, lol! people with "m4d sk1llz!" can already put more than 500games per drive. Include yourself in the no skilled section.

QUOTE(megazig @ Jun 3 2010, 08:51 AM)
I'd assume it's to save you money as that'd be between $1000 and $2500 dollars at current going rates of 20-50$ a game.
$10,000-$25,000!

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
clay.r.08 said:
and a 1,5000gb

Where did you get a 15 terabyte harddrive from may i ask?

clay.r.08 said:
but then i might have to scrub 500 games, that would take forever

Even if you're new to a computer, everyone knows about macro...

QUOTE(clay.r.08 @ Jun 3 2010, 09:48 AM)
no computer skills

Previous quotes...

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think this guy is trolling.

Why the fuck would you need 500 games? There aren't even that many good games on the wii!
Plus, when you combine the three hardrives, thats 4.5TB. HOW MUCH SHIT ARE YOU PIRATING?!?!

I mean, DAMN, thats a whole lot of space that you're using just for wii games...
Even if you're not just using it for wii games... DAMN.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ntfs does not seem to have a limit, ive seen around 6 hundo. 2 hundo of which is wiiware forwarders. also a few homebrew forwarders.

wbfs is old school anymore, fat32 is the best, ntfs is good. i want to go to fat32 but im already on ntfs and converting all the games would be ugly. although most would not have to be changed as they are not over 4gb. only some.

so to stay on topic, go for fat32 or ntfs. bottom line.

Pikkon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clay.r.08 said:
yes to protect my investment of over 500 retail wii games i bought and paid for against damage

Mind posting a pic of your so called 500 Wii games.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pikkon said:
clay.r.08 said:
yes to protect my investment of over 500 retail wii games i bought and paid for against damage

Mind posting a pic of your so called 500 Wii games.

seriously,
is there a doubt in your mind that he is not telling the truth?

the man is saying that he as a 1.5000gb drive... that alone should say it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1