and a 1,5000gb

and a 2,000gb

none of them will hold more than 500 wii games

WHY???????
WHY???????
WHY???????

there must be a limit on wbfs, how the wbfs

i might be able to use configurable loader and a different format

but then i might have to scrub 500 games, that would take forever and then other people could easily copy the games with no computer skills

is there anything i can do to fix this ? and put more than 500 wii games on wbfs

thanks for any input

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd assume it's to save you money as that'd be between $1000 and $2500 dollars at current going rates of 20-50$ a game.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Well this is a complicated issue when you consider some people have forwarder isos to channels, homebrew and apps too. So it's not always a "mega pirate" issue.

I know someone that had me make over 30 forwarder isos for them recently that just load the internet channel to a specific url to play flash games full screen, but they wanted these games listed within CFG loader and not be limited to using the internet channels favourites menu.

I do think the op is talking about Wii games though
tongue.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
always assuming the best of people eh megazig? lol
Obviously we both know what this guy is doing...

@OP, plz don't ask for help to pirate

FYI, fat32 is preferred over wbfs, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a limit if its formatted as fat32... but seriously, no one has actually bought 500 games... so maybe u should consider actually purchasing a few of your favourite games to support those who actually made them (I recommend games by Ubisoft! They make awesome games and they need all the support they can get!).

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes to protect my investment of over 500 retail wii games i bought and paid for against damage

does any one know anything about this problem

500 wii games seems to be the limit for wbfs no matter if the drive still has 1,000gb empty space left to use

this needs to be fixed

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes the 500 figure was arbitrarily decided during the wbfs implementation stage - I guess it was believed that nobody could actually have more than 500! Doesnt Cfg allow more than 500?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:

FYI, fat32 is preferred over wbfs, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a limit if its formatted as fat32... but seriously, no one has actually bought 500 games... so maybe u should consider actually purchasing a few of your favourite games to support those who actually made them (I recommend games by Ubisoft! They make awesome games and they need all the support they can get!).

Just to humour this topic, lets say he did pirate them all, and then took your advise and bought some of them. He still wants to use his HDD......

Anyway, ditch wbfs and go with FAT32.

MattJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe try deleting some of the games you don't play? I seriously can't believe you are actively playing 500 games. Especially considering how bad most games are on the Wii.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Slimmmmmm said:
Just to humour this topic, lets say he did pirate them all, and then took your advise and bought some of them. He still wants to use his HDD......

Anyway, ditch wbfs and go with FAT32.
I was suggesting he do what most non-pirate homebrewer's do... which is buy the games, then back them up to a hard drive (or in his case, purchase some of the games he's already got backed up to his hard drive to support the game developers).

I'll admit a friend of mine DL'd NSMB wii before it was released, but this friend also purchased the game when it was officially released to show his support for such a great game.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

maybe you are right

maybe others feel differently then you

i dont really want my thread to be about this

if any one has any ideas then let me know

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Then format your drive with a sector size of 2048. Then you can get up to 2036 games on it. Of course the USB loader needs to support the sector size.....

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
You've had a few suggestions already.

Go with FAT32.
Delete your least favourite games.

OR....

Put 500 on each of your 3 HDDs, then you can have 1,500.

btw, I'd love you to post a pic of all those boxes to shut people up thinking you're a pirate
wink.gif

I'd also love you to do the switch to FAT32, as I'm curious if you will find limits with anything there, like I said I know a lot of people that have many, many isos that are not games and I'm curious if they will hit limits at anything.

*EDIT*
WOW this topic is moving so fast...who woulda thought it would be fastest finger first on this
rolleyes.gif

hmmm, I wonder if the uid file has a size limit or any other Wii files relating to this ?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
tj_cool said:
clay.r.08 said:
...and then other people could easily copy the games with no computer skills
Which is a problem why?
tongue.gif

Anyway, the limit of WBFS isn't 500 games, it depends on the sector size afaik.
I'm guessing he doesn't want it to be easy for other people so that he can charge customers to update their hard drives with new games without having to worry about them figuring out how to manage their games themselves.

just speculation, I could be wrong

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
clay.r.08 said:
Which is a problem why?
tongue.gif

ok i have a 1tb with 500 wii games and it says it has room for a few more but when i add a game it says it added with a green check
but it never atually appears or says 501 wii games

it does the same thing for my 1.5tb and my 2tb

i cant get more than 500 wii games no matter what i do

the sector size afaik, i dont know what that is but no hard drive ever holds over 500

if anyone has ever had more than 500 wii games on one hard drive please let me know how you did it

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
clay.r.08 said:
tj_cool said:
clay.r.08 said:
Which is a problem why?
tongue.gif

ok i have a 1tb with 500 wii games and it says it has room for a few more but when i add a game it says it added with a green check
but it never atually appears or says 501 wii games

it does the same thing for my 1.5tb and my 2tb

i cant get more than 500 wii games no matter what i do

the sector size afaik, i dont know what that is but no hard drive ever holds over 500

if anyone has ever had more than 500 wii games on one hard drive please let me know how you did it
Its already been pointed out that its dependent on sector size. Wbfs formatting uses a sector size of 512 by default - hence 500 game limit - try 1024 or 2048.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had over 500 homebrew games (if you include builds) on a HDD before...I used copy and paste in windows if that helps. What do I win ?

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's alot of homebrew there slimmmmmmm. mind a quick rundown of which homebrew you thought was good and bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4