frown.gif
How can I fix this?

Fujitsima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
Try using the AP patch and not using the PokéGear. Does it still freeze randomly (excluding PokéGear freezes)?

It works, only just started playing it - will post if it freezes or not. Pokegear doesn't freeze but the language in the phonecalls is weird, proffesor elm said something like "Kotone forest cancer"?!

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if the AP patch doesn't freeze, could you not put the fixed ARM7 (for the M3) in with the AP patch then? So it would work on an M3? I'm not sure about it so correct me if I'm wrong.

xxbrentonxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LittleBigMods said:
That is the worst "translation" ever! Why would you even try Google? It's barely playable.
frown.gif
I just came back from a 1 week holiday. I played this translation up to when you need to go back to goldenrod without strategy guide and then with a strategy guide up to where you pickup waterfall in the cave, it wasnt too difficult.

A major problem though is you cant pick up a ton of items without having the game freeze, this includes waterfall which you need to pickup or the guy wont let you go any further. Then i tried swapping between NAP, AP and M3 patches which eventually ended up in my 18 hour save with lvl 53 typhlosion and 40 gyrados (+ 4 lvl 30s) game being overwritten
hate2.gif

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LittleBigMods said:
That is the worst "translation" ever! Why would you even try Google? It's barely playable.
frown.gif
Many reasons:
1. It helps HG/SS translators who either don't know English, or don't have Japanese installed on their computer.
2. It's a 100% translation. And it could be worse (Babelfish is worse than Google for Japanese).
3. It's better than playing the game with Japanese.
4. It's fairly quick to translate a game with Google. Plus, people want a full translation, so they got a full translation.
5. Pure laziness
smileipb2.png

6. The translations that come out are HILARIOUS
tongue.gif

7. I don't know Japanese
rofl2.gif

I could go on, but you'll probably not read all of it.

QUOTE(Fluganox @ Jan 15 2010, 10:25 AM) Well, if the AP patch doesn't freeze, could you not put the fixed ARM7 (for the M3) in with the AP patch then? So it would work on an M3? I'm not sure about it so correct me if I'm wrong.
According to some people, the AP patch can't save on an M3. So that might not work.

xxbrentonxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
LittleBigMods said:
frown.gif
Many reasons:
1. It helps HG/SS translators who either don't know English, or don't have Japanese installed on their computer.
2. It's a 100% translation. And it could be worse (Babelfish is worse than Google for Japanese).
3. It's better than playing the game with Japanese.
4. It's fairly quick to translate a game with Google. Plus, people want a full translation, so they got a full translation.
5. Pure laziness
smileipb2.png

6. The translations that come out are HILARIOUS
tongue.gif

7. I don't know Japanese
rofl2.gif

I could go on, but you'll probably not read all of it.

QUOTE(Fluganox @ Jan 15 2010, 10:25 AM) Well, if the AP patch doesn't freeze, could you not put the fixed ARM7 (for the M3) in with the AP patch then? So it would work on an M3? I'm not sure about it so correct me if I'm wrong.
According to some people, the AP patch can't save on an M3. So that might not work.
Yeah there were a few sexual translations xD. At one point the dialog said something like "Heart masturbation" when the the rival (Heart) came lmao. BTW any solutions for the waterfall problem? I need to get my save game back somehow anyway = S. Reckon those programs which retrieve deleted files work when they have actually been overwritten?

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can answer that: no... I lost a MGS2:S save file a few months ago and spent 12 hours trying to recover it... overwrites suck!

xxbrentonxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RolandHazoto said:
I can answer that: no... I lost a MGS2:S save file a few months ago and spent 12 hours trying to recover it... overwrites suck!
What did you try using? Unfortunately this is the only form of nostalgia i have gotten from Soul Silver, back with real Silver my brother (probably 4 at the time) accidently saved over my file. Its weird though, i have no clue how my HG/SS files got overwritten, only logical explanation is that AP and NAP arent compatible with each other and when you start up the game it makes a new save file.

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you sure your rom had the same name?

and i tried every possible data recovery tool you can find, both paid and free ( ireally didn't want to lose 8 months of dogtag collecting!)

xxbrentonxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RolandHazoto said:
you sure your rom had the same name?

and i tried every possible data recovery tool you can find, both paid and free ( ireally didn't want to lose 8 months of dogtag collecting!)
Yeah quite sure, but i was on my dads laptop (i never use laptops really) and was working just out of the micro sd. I had a backup folder (more to backup the original rom, not the save file) but ended up testing that on my ds knowing the save file was working, eventually it seems to have gotten overwritten aswell.

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say do it anyway, but then again, people thought I was crazy for doin a 4th gen hack...
(course now that hack is debatably the best platinum hack out...)

D

Deleted User

Anyone know how I can change the header so it is in english without messing up the game? Whenever I do it, the game has a white screen when I run it.

xxbrentonxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RolandHazoto said:
as far as I understood it, just about any game would...
Hey i read in your Platinum thread that you were making a HG/SS edit, have you finished that or did you stop working on it? I started playing SS as i thought it would be nostalgic and i was going on holidays for a week and wanted to play it on the way there in the car and when i was bored, but in the end it looks like im addicted to pokemon again
blink.gif
I think im going to wait till official release for pokemon soul silver and play Platinum now. (i tried Diamond before, all i remember was my 2nd highest lvl pokemon was a maniphy from an event i did in a shop)

D

Deleted User

Ok, I guess for now, it isn't possible.

YayMii, could you get the english Wifi Settings graphics out of a game and put them in HG/SS? It may not be that important, but would be a little helpful.

xxbrentonxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Steveice10 said:
Ok, I guess for now, it isn't possible.

YayMii, could you get the english Wifi Settings graphics out of a game and put them in HG/SS? It may not be that important, but would be a little helpful.
If that is being done then changing the status logos (like burn) is probably worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn