ROM Hack [XY/ORAS/SM] Custom 3D Models / Textures Sharing Thread

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this cool post by someone over on pinterest of a mix between Zoroark and Mega-Lucario and thought it'd be cool to try and make something similar.
Figured this would also be nice to finally try model editing instead of just re-texturing too.
QPuCM8l.jpg
Original Artist: https://cat-meff.deviantart.com

Here's what I ended up with, not as cool as theirs, but nice none-the-less. :)
(For crystal clarity, this is non-shiny Mega-Lucario)
(Shiny Mega-Lucario is NOT re-textured properly with this)
ll5vvT9.png

c1XW8hE.png

Wnls4rV.png

I'd love to release the .obj and .png files, or ideally just the whole packed model and texture file. But I'm not certain whether those fall under copy-righted material.
If anyone can clarify whether I can release the .147 and .164 or the .obj's and .png's with no problems then I'll be happy to release them.

Reactions: Yts12 and Tower

Leraixous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this cool post by someone over on pinterest of a mix between Zoroark and Mega-Lucario and thought it'd be cool to try and make something similar.
Figured this would also be nice to finally try model editing instead of just re-texturing too.
QPuCM8l.jpg

ll5vvT9.png

c1XW8hE.png

Wnls4rV.png

I'd love to release the .obj and .png files, or ideally just the whole packed model and texture file. But I'm not certain whether those fall under copy-righted material.
If anyone can clarify whether I can release the .147 and .164 or the .obj's and .png's with no problems then I'll be happy to release them.
thats really nice! I think you should be able to release the .png's no problem and its up to us to edit/repack the .147/obj's with the png's

Reactions: Tower

Tower

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
QPuCM8l.jpg

ll5vvT9.png

c1XW8hE.png

Wnls4rV.png

niceee workk :lol:

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, since it seems like releasing the .objs and .pngs won't break any rules. Here ya go. :)

Just be sure to read the README.txt included, it describes how to correct an odd ear clipping that happens upon saving it the first time.

Attachments

• Mega-Lucario+Zoroark [Release].7z
    613.2 KB · Views: 397
Reactions: Tower and Leraixous

Tower

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alrighty, since it seems like releasing the .objs and .pngs won't break any rules. Here ya go. :)

Just be sure to read the README.txt included, it describes how to correct an odd ear clipping that happens upon saving it the first time.
nice work bro, Could you do these others pokemon fusions?? :D

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice work bro, Could you do these others pokemon fusions?? :D

Glad you like the Lucario. :)
I've got a couple of those other fusions in mind, but with how much time the Lucario took and exams coming up I won't be able to take a crack at them for a while.
Plus I've got a quick retexture I want to do first before trying another model-edit. ;)

Tower

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got a couple of those other fusions in mind, but with how much time the Lucario took and exams coming up I won't be able to take a crack at them for a while.
Plus I've got a quick retexture I want to do first before trying another model-edit. ;)
perfect bro when you have time pass the others pokemon files, thank you so much:lol::D

Didus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,
I already know how to edit textures with usum but i'd like to go further.
Do you have some tutorial to export, and reimport .obj to oras ?
I found a collection of 3d models and I tried blender a little to edit them but I want to know how to export model from the extracted game, edit it and reimport it to the game.
@Lighstar2009 can you tell me how you reimport edited models to the game without breaking the animations or texturing ?

Yts12

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
5226EE75-78A9-41D5-8D3A-B65E7D6F7555.jpeg
Hey can you do this for me as well

Didus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to edit .smd file or only .obj ?
I want to fuse some pokemon in oras but i don't know if it will break animations and bones.
What is possible to do when we edit pokemon models ? Only the shape ? Animations ?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to edit .smd file or only .obj ?
I want to fuse some pokemon in oras but i don't know if it will break animations and bones.
What is possible to do when we edit pokemon models ? Only the shape ? Animations ?
I haven't encountered an .smd yet, but as far as modeling goes:
You can edit shapes, but not bones or animations as far as I know.
You CANNOT add or remove vertices, and they must be saved in the same order or else the model will become jumbled in-game.
Bones can be very finicky at times, it's best to edit spots that aren't moving a lot.

@Yts12 Sorry, but those remodels are a bit much. I just don't think there's enough vertices to work with, neither do I think it would play nicely with the original bones and animations.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: Yts12

Didus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So it's not possible to add some parts of a pokemon to another one ?
For exemple I want to add some parts of scrafty to sableye. Is it possible to do so if I save this new model and its animations over a pokemon with more verticles (like kyogre or groudon) ?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's not possible to add some parts of a pokemon to another one ?
For exemple I want to add some parts of scrafty to sableye. Is it possible to do so if I save this new model and its animations over a pokemon with more verticles (like kyogre or groudon) ?
No, you can't cut pieces from others and place them onto other Pokemon.
You can however take the vertices on the Pokemon you're editing and reshape them to what you're wanting to paste onto it. This can be tedious but as far as I know it's the only way to retain vertex order.

The reason saving it over a Pokemon with more vertices doesn't work is because ohana3ds requires the vertice count to be the exact same number as the game expects for that Pokemon model. Too many/few vertices in any imported model will be rejected for this reason.

Didus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've seen on other forums people swaping models with other pokemon to create new mega forms. Someone put a mega kingdra over a zigzagoon this way.
Are you sure it's not possible ? Was it a fake ?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen on other forums people swaping models with other pokemon to create new mega forms. Someone put a mega kingdra over a zigzagoon this way.
Are you sure it's not possible ? Was it a fake ?
Oh, apologies I think I misunderstood earlier. I thought you were asking if you could take parts of a pokemon model and place them over another.
Yes WHOLE pokemon can be swapped over others by replacing their .147 and .164 files with other pokemon's (though you'd need pk3ds to fix the typing and moves).

Yts12

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, you can't cut pieces from others and place them onto other Pokemon.
You can however take the vertices on the Pokemon you're editing and reshape them to what you're wanting to paste onto it. This can be tedious but as far as I know it's the only way to retain vertex order.

The reason saving it over a Pokemon with more vertices doesn't work is because ohana3ds requires the vertice count to be the exact same number as the game expects for that Pokemon model. Too many/few vertices in any imported model will be rejected for this reason.
Is a fusion model of charmander and Cubone alright theb

Didus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, apologies I think I misunderstood earlier. I thought you were asking if you could take parts of a pokemon model and place them over another.
Yes WHOLE pokemon can be swapped over others by replacing their .147 and .164 files with other pokemon's (though you'd need pk3ds to fix the typing and moves).

Then you can add vertex to a pokemon if you swap it over another one ?
I think I'll try and experiment to see what I can do.
Thank you for your answers so far :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol