Xk3y dashboard compatibilty

Feonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just plugged in my Xbox 360 slim for the first time in 4 or 5 years and it's asking for a system update. I'm currently on dashboard 2.0.17511.0

If I update will I lose the ability to use my xk3y (firmware 1.3)?

Feonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.infinitydream.com/x360key-firmware-v201-4-n-129.html?language=en&newsPath=103_110

That should be the latest firmware, update the firmware before updating the dashboard.
Thank you very much. Is it even worth updating and the dashboard and running the risk of anything going wrong? Right now the system and all my old games work just fine but my account does have game pass ultimate for my Xbox S.

What benefits would I gain? Just the ability to play online?
Post automatically merged:

Thank you very much. Is it even worth updating and the dashboard and running the risk of anything going wrong? Right now the system and all my old games work just fine but my account does have game pass ultimate for my Xbox S.

What benefits would I gain? Just the ability to play online?
It's been so long since I've used the system I really even barely remember how to use it, I had to look up videos on YouTube just to remind myself

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The ability to launch the latest games and online play (if your box isn't banned)

I would suggest updating it, it's the latest firmware they released (some 10 years ago) and since MS barely cares about the 360 anymore, I doubt a new dash will be coming out, if one is coming out, it won't feature a lot of anti-piracy measurements.

Feonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ability to launch the latest games and online play (if your box isn't banned)

I would suggest updating it, it's the latest firmware they released (some 10 years ago) and since MS barely cares about the 360 anymore, I doubt a new dash will be coming out, if one is coming out, it won't feature a lot of anti-piracy measurements.
Just wanted to say I just did both and the system is working, so I wanted to say thanks.

The only issue I can into was now my xk3y is in French but I know I just need to change the language in the file then reupdate the xk3y.

Thank you so much for the help

Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1