Hacking Xenoblade PAL version

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
split file had everything to do with other m problems you either got 1 of 2 different cutscene freezes depending on how it got split either baby's cs or ridley cs freeze there was never a permanent fix for fat32 other than constantly re splitting it.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im sure most just use wii backup manager which works great and imo is the best backup manager out there but im surprised the split file issue for dual layered games on fat32 wasnt more well known. If i remember right brawl had a small issue with fat32 also where one of the cs in story mode froze also.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the issue is not known because its not in the splitting itself

I played OtherM 4G split .wbfs files on fat32 without any problems

btw I use cfg to rip and wit to modify wbfs files

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All I did was update to the lastest USB Loader GX and install the game from my disc.
No issues what so ever, maybe it's because I'm using my EU system, maybe it's ripping the game from disc, I dunno.

I'm not even using d2x CIOS, couldn't figure out actually installing that thing. I'm on Waninkoko CIOS 19 or something, I forget...
Yeah, I don't do this often.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
davidnlta said:
split file had everything to do with other m problems you either got 1 of 2 different cutscene freezes depending on how it got split either baby's cs or ridley cs freeze there was never a permanent fix for fat32 other than constantly re splitting it.
No, that was because of a bad dump floating around the internet. Pirates were the only ones with the problem.

catastropheX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

It took me ages to try to get the game to work after trying different loaders and now finally working except one thing, it only works when I select English as the language in Neogamma or usbloader and have voice set as English in-game. When I change either the loader settings or in-game settings to anything other than English, the game will stop and go back to the Wii menu. Any ideas as I really want the Jap voices and English subtitles! I have a NTSC Jap console with Neogamma 9 and cios56rev21 installed, the game is the single layer version with only English and Japanese voices.

Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I doubt the single layer version has both English and Japanese audio.
It can't fit a DVD5 by only removing subtitles.

So you have only "English Dub + English Sub" combo, that's why it doesn't work with any other setting.

If you want japanese, you should use the DVD9 version (6.3 GB).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davidnlta said:
im sure most just use wii backup manager which works great and imo is the best backup manager out there but im surprised the split file issue for dual layered games on fat32 wasnt more well known. If i remember right brawl had a small issue with fat32 also where one of the cs in story mode froze also.

ONLY bad dumps/ rip turn red in Wiibackup manager.
SSBB had partitions missing and could only be ripped fully with cleanrip untill recently.
This was because of the the amount of partitions that arre on the original image of SSBB.

catastropheX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I doubt the single layer version has both English and Japanese audio.
It can't fit a DVD5 by only removing subtitles.

So you have only "English Dub + English Sub" combo, that's why it doesn't work with any other setting.

If you want japanese, you should use the DVD9 version (6.3 GB).

It does have the option of Japanese voice too, they only removed the other European languages such as French and Spanish.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the option is still there in the game, because they only removed the files, they didn't edit the menu to "not show" missing files.
so if you try to set the language to japanese, it can't find the files on the DVD/ISO so it hangs.

Unless you are sure that your ISO has the japanese languages files (stated in the NFO, or open the iso with Wiiscrubber and search for the japanese files).

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having trouble playing a new game+ I've tried a bunch of settings, and a bunch of loaders, but for some reason the wii just restarts after I pick the new game + system file and it goes to the loading screen.
Do I just have a bad dump or are a bunch of people having this problem?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Schezo92 said:
I seem to be having trouble playing a new game+ I've tried a bunch of settings, and a bunch of loaders, but for some reason the wii just restarts after I pick the new game + system file and it goes to the loading screen.

can't say for sure, but maybe the game reloads it's ios. You should get cios d2x beta 6 if you aren't using it already and enable the "block ios reload" feature of your usb loader (the newest usb loader gx and configurable usb loader should support this feature). I would try this myself but I'm just not that far in the game yet^^

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wiimm said:
Hielkenator said:
SSBB had partitions missing and could only be ripped fully with cleanrip untill recently.
You can also use CFG Loader for a long time if you set "install_partitions=1:1" in config.txt

I also made a patch to wbfs_file that converted SSBB from an ISO, but AFAIK it wasn't accepted.

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LinkFan16 said:
Schezo92 said:

can't say for sure, but maybe the game reloads it's ios. You should get cios d2x beta 6 if you aren't using it already and enable the "block ios reload" feature of your usb loader (the newest usb loader gx and configurable usb loader should support this feature). I would try this myself but I'm just not that far in the game yet^^
So I updated my CIOS and tried again with block ios reload
This time only the game resets and not the wii itself xD.
I tried with several usb loaders.
So still can't do a new game+.

ganon45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know if the single layer back-up version of this game that's is any good? The one that's been floating around for a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2: