Hacking Xenoblade PAL version

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Briar36 said:
My game keeps freezing during a certain cutscene and I can't get around it. The game prompts you to save, then when you load the save it starts the cutscene that I can't get through.
Can you skip the cutscene with the + button before it freezes? Otherwise you probably have a bad rip.

Briar36

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryoku83 said:
Briar36 said:
My game keeps freezing during a certain cutscene and I can't get around it. The game prompts you to save, then when you load the save it starts the cutscene that I can't get through.
Can you skip the cutscene with the + button before it freezes? Otherwise you probably have a bad rip.

It's one of those scenes where the game prompts you to save then the cutscene happens. So I load the game, the cutscene starts, and almost immediately it freezes. I've definitely tried using the + button, but it doesn't register before the freeze happens.

ebola9717

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Briar36 said:
I'm having the same problem. I'm using CFG usb loader v70 with D2X v6, cIOS base 56 and cIOS slot 248. It was working perfectly fine up until this point.

K

Kurisuellegarden

I'm having this issue too. It's becoming so irritating. I've tryed several cIOSes with differenent bases and WiiFlow, USB Loadger GX, and CFG Loader. All the same exact freeze. Tried a different ISO also. Can the people who have the game working past this freeze point post their setup? PLEASE!?
smile.gif
That would be very much appreciated. I haven't liked a game like this in such a long time. JRPG is such a dying genre now.

ebola9717

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kurisuellegarden said:
I'm having this issue too. It's becoming so irritating. I've tryed several cIOSes with differenent bases and WiiFlow, USB Loadger GX, and CFG Loader. All the same exact freeze. Tried a different ISO also. Can the people who have the game working past this freeze point post their setup? PLEASE!?
smile.gif
That would be very much appreciated. I haven't liked a game like this in such a long time. JRPG is such a dying genre now.
I got it working again by formatting my hdd to ntfs instead of fat32. Seems to be fine now.

K

Kurisuellegarden

Is compatiblity with games about the same on an NTFS drive as it is with a FAT32 on WiiFlow and such?

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JoostinOnline said:
Kurisuellegarden said:
Is compatiblity with games about the same on an NTFS drive as it is with a FAT32 on WiiFlow and such?
No. FAT32 is superior to NTFS and WBFS.
Game wise I've never had I problem running any games on my NTFS HDD. Only issue I have with my drive being NTFS is for some reason (last I tried anyways) I couldn't update my CFG through the update feature built into CFG, I had to download the .dol file and replace it manually. The only thing I use my HDD for is holding wii games. My computer is hooked up to my TV with HDMI and it plays 1080p video so I have no use for my wii as a media center.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ryoku83 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Kurisuellegarden said:
No. FAT32 is superior to NTFS and WBFS.
Game wise I've never had I problem running any games on my NTFS HDD. Only issue I have with my drive being NTFS is for some reason (last I tried anyways) I couldn't update my CFG through the update feature built into CFG, I had to download the .dol file and replace it manually. The only thing I use my HDD for is holding wii games. My computer is hooked up to my TV with HDMI and it plays 1080p video so I have no use for my wii as a media center.
That doesn't mean support for NTFS is nearly as good as it is for FAT32.

Briar36

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found a solution online yesterday to the freeze and that is to get the ISO and use the WIT (Wimms ISO Tools) program and re-add the game using 2 gb splits. I was using Wii Game Manager and those splits weren't working, but WIT made it work.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Works fine here, PAL Wii, no d2x, whatever latest 249 revision was, 70b config 249is base 56, no freezes in cutscenes or anything, Ntfs Partition Using Original 7.84gig Iso, copied using wiibackup manager .34 game partition only, things its 6.31 Without Update

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SX4P01 - Xenoblade Chronicles
size 8511160320
md5 7a8ab73269be9a81a8fac07d2e9c5edb
sha1 d4ba488ebeb4338331b584ba36208559b029bad5

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have Wii-ABSTRAKT.
It's the first original DVD9 release version and is not nuked.
All works fine (I'm still on WBFS partition), it's a good release.
Other DVD9 version are unofficial repacks.

MD5 : 7a8ab73269be9a81a8fac07d2e9c5edb

There are also 2 "official" (from the scene release, not nuked) DVD5 version , (they don't give the language, but certainly spanish only?).
Xenobla.Chronicles.Pal.Wii.Scrubbed.6630Mb.Internal-SCRUBS
Xenoblade.Chronicles.Pal.Wii.Scrubbed.6630Mb.Internal.DiRFiX-SCRUBS

K

Kurisuellegarden

erolz said:
robbywu said:
working with wiiflow no problems (4hrs in)

Wich ISO version do you use?
1.PROPER-FIX-NTSC
2.ISO.PAL.Wii-ABSTRAKT
3.PAL-MULTi6-DVD-DL

?
Thank you.

It seems that it really isn't the ISO's fault. Its the file split. So ABSTRAKT works fine. (The one I got)

QUOTE(davidnlta @ Aug 25 2011, 11:58 AM)
sounds like its the same error as other m on fat32 where it would freeze cause the file is split. Also ntfs is just fine for games its homebrew that doesnt fully support ntfs

and thanks for saying that about metriod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: