Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atm with my RTX 2060 I got 20-25fps while sometimes crash. Latest EA.
Sounds like a CPU bottleneck. Remember that the GPU isn't everything, especially when it comes to emulation.

I've got a GTX 1660 Ti, but also i5 11600k. 30 FPS all the time on vulkan. Went back to 2892 ea, also got today's nvidia driver that just released. Was crashing quite a few times even on 512.95, so that's why I upgraded.

zSyntex

Berserker of myself.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds like a CPU bottleneck. Remember that the GPU isn't everything, especially when it comes to emulation.

I've got a GTX 1660 Ti, but also i5 11600k. 30 FPS all the time on vulkan. Went back to 2892 ea, also got today's nvidia driver that just released. Was crashing quite a few times even on 512.95, so that's why I upgraded.
I've got a i7-9750H with ThrottleStop and got 70C at full clock.
Also my driver is 612.95, the same suggested on Yuzu's Discord (where I am)

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Damn about time too. 512.95 driver was released 2 months ago lol. im using an i9-9900k without any OCing just about any emulation runs smooth depending on the build support.

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuzu Ea 2896 out !
It hasn't changed anything. It's not really worth announcing every new version unless you notice it actually doing something. Sadly, the end of chapter 5/begining of chapter 6 -snip- is still kind of borked on both emulators. It's worse on Ryujinx for sure, due to that area having a bad blackout visual glitch as well as the screen tearing I've noticed. But Yuzu has problems too. The lack of partical effects are REALLY noticeable in those cutscenes. But the worse is the thing I mentioned earlier, when old video clips are supposed to be playing in windows it's instead replaced with blinding white (I mean seriously blinding, it hurts the eyes) that sometimes has seizure like flashes.

Last edited by osaka35,

Chappa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It hasn't changed anything. It's not really worth announcing every new version unless you notice it actually doing something. Sadly, the end of chapter 5/begining of chapter 6 -snip- is still kind of borked on both emulators. It's worse on Ryujinx for sure, due to that area having a bad blackout visual glitch as well as the screen tearing I've noticed. But Yuzu has problems too. The lack of partical effects are REALLY noticeable in those cutscenes. But the worse is the thing I mentioned earlier, when old video clips are supposed to be playing in windows it's instead replaced with blinding white (I mean seriously blinding, it hurts the eyes) that sometimes has seizure like flashes.
Playing on yuzu vulkan, and just passed that emotional moment u mentioned. The particles when -snip- is there tho?

Last edited by osaka35,

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing on yuzu vulkan, and just passed that emotional moment u mentioned. The particles when -snip- is there tho?
You get some sometimes, but I've seen the game from a switch and there's supposed to be a ton. But I say the blinding white is by far the biggest offender.

Last edited by osaka35,

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You get some sometimes, but I've seen the game from a switch and there's supposed to be a ton. But I say the blinding white is by far the biggest offender.

Yeah some work some don't here is the issue on github to illustrate it.

Last edited by osaka35,

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone worked on cheats? I wonder if the game has expert mode for NG+ and if it does if its possible to force it on a non NG+ save file with cheats. I'm severely overleveled for main story content just doing the side content without even trying to grind or anything...

personata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Has anyone worked on cheats? I wonder if the game has expert mode for NG+ and if it does if its possible to force it on a non NG+ save file with cheats. I'm severely overleveled for main story content just doing the side content without even trying to grind or anything...
Theres a save editor can force non ng+ save to ng+ save , search in this forum

AndrewLB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atm with my RTX 2060 I got 20-25fps while sometimes crash. Latest EA.
Your problem is you're using EA. Use the github version that doesn't have the memory leak issue, or yellow fog issue, and doesn't crash. OpenGL. I have played over 100 hours using it and so far only 1 crash. Every one of the EA builds either has a memory leak and crashes a lot (opengl), or has the horrible yellow fog crap that ruins the game (vulcan).

yoco007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Your problem is you're using EA. Use the github version that doesn't have the memory leak issue, or yellow fog issue, and doesn't crash. OpenGL. I have played over 100 hours using it and so far only 1 crash. Every one of the EA builds either has a memory leak and crashes a lot (opengl), or has the horrible yellow fog crap that ruins the game (vulcan).
Can you share the link plz?

zSyntex

Berserker of myself.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First link on the first post on the first page of this topic has it. Mem Reduct + windows managed page file and it'll run alright, save for some hitches. OpenGL only for that version, just fyi.
Yep, but that version is not updated. It's a build of a week ago.

Gnostalgia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, but that version is not updated. It's a build of a week ago.
It's a dirty build meaning it is customized. It won't be updated. Sometimes dirty builds of older versions work better than yuzu's current up-to-date versions. In this case, it still stop the memory leak from happening which is still happening to many people on Yuzu's current OpenGL versions. Keep in mind, the dirty build listed is only good for OpenGL. If you wish to use Vulkan, the current version of yuzu is best right now.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's a dirty build meaning it is customized. It won't be updated. Sometimes dirty builds of older versions work better than yuzu's current up-to-date versions. In this case, it still stop the memory leak from happening which is still happening to many people on Yuzu's current OpenGL versions. Keep in mind, the dirty build listed is only good for OpenGL. If you wish to use Vulkan, the current version of yuzu is best right now.

Sure but we already saw some more or less important updates since then, coretiming changes from Maide a few days ago improves frametimes massively in XC games for example.

Gnostalgia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure but we already saw some more or less important updates since then, coretiming changes from Maide a few days ago improves frametimes massively in XC games for example.
I'll leave the dirty build there just in case. I don't play on OpenGL so I can't really tell the difference. Memory leakage is still a huge issue so even if you have good fps, if you crash halfway through a gaming session because of memory issues, it's still a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo