Gaming Official Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Help and Support Thread

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New patch hype, notes below.:yayswitch:

Version 1.2.0
- Fixed an issue in which parts set to a specific Skill RAM failed to provide their intended effects.
- Adjusted the Gormott regular quest “The Riddle on the Wall” to make it completable regardless of player progression in the main story.
- Adjusted Finch’s Blade Quest “Birds of a Feather” to make it completable regardless of player progression in the main story.
- Fixed an issue in Agate’s Blade Quest “Precious Yearnings” preventing quest progression.
- Added functionality to allow players to receive the first round of quests and the second round of items associated with the Expansion Pass.
- Voiced segments in menus can now be skipped with the A or B button.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone still playing tiger tiger ?
I'm wondering on stage 5 accidentally clicked normal and gave it a go , I got a master mod out of it but I never seen those come from easy after the 1.2 patch.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone still playing tiger tiger ?
I'm wondering on stage 5 accidentally clicked normal and gave it a go , I got a master mod out of it but I never seen those come from easy after the 1.2 patch.
Well umm, is it that fun? :blink:

I know you play it as a must for poppi but I mean is not as fun to play consistently just for some small reasons.

D

Deleted User

Any area's that are good for levelling at?

I'm at the part in the story where you go to the head of the titan to stop the switch (after the giant laser misses Pyra and shoots through the building and into the distance) and I'm finding myself (again) oddly underlevelled.

Dunno what it is about this game, but I just feel constantly underpowered. I've never felt so weak during a jrpg before, so much that I haven't played it in about 3 weeks now.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I'm at the part in the story where you go to the head of the titan to stop the switch (after the giant laser misses Pyra and shoots through the building and into the distance) and I'm finding myself (again) oddly underlevelled.

Dunno what it is about this game, but I just feel constantly underpowered. I've never felt so weak during a jrpg before, so much that I haven't played it in about 3 weeks now.
I always find myself overleveled, to the point enemies in new areas usually avoid me.
Have you been doing side quests?
Did you remember to go to an inn and sleep so you can retrieve the EXP from side quests and level up?

PS: I think I've got most my EXP and level ups from doing side quests and sleeping at inns. I think I was level 56 at the point of the game you're describing.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well there is a EXP booster item in the game which is just awkwardly there. I think the accessory shop in Mor Ardain has a exp booster by %25 but since is a accessory, it does mean you occupy a slot in which you can use for something more useful in battle.

The best way to level up is defeating higher level enemies, sound contradictory to your request but is the only way to do it fast. I suggest you try focusing on increasing your specials like the weapon arts skill level, affinity of the driver and blades, and the weapon core and aux crystal chips, the blade affinity chart is probably the most useful as well as the driver arts cancel ability that can be used to quickly charge the blade art special. Perform those blade combos as much as possible for those cheaper KO when you do the chain attack, save the blade art level 4 for when the enemy do special attacks that are devastating and strong. (Using that at a precise moment grants immunity to those attacks for the whole party and gives you high damage which is why is always exploited for strong battles)

All i can say is as long as you use effective battle strategies, you can get a win even against some strong adversaires, but when you find those exploits, don't get too overboard with enemies like 20+ levels higher than you, is still mostly a one hit kill thing, no chance of survival. The second thing you can do is get as many blades as you can. Having specific blades in your party (With intention to use or not) can grant stats boost and bonuses during battle. For example, having 3 blade types that are Tank type, grants high defense, HP and evasion to most attacks, healer can force drop more HP potions and even increase the percentage beyond %10 recovery. Not only that they grant other stat buffs specific to each blade. Try a combination that helps best.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well umm, is it that fun? :blink:

I know you play it as a must for poppi but I mean is not as fun to play consistently just for some small reasons.

The thing is you can get different cores for Poppi so that is one reason the other is you get master mod which can get you another upgrade over tank V or anything V
In the end it is pretty much the best blade in the game when you can get the stuff you need for Poppi QTpi life gets so much easier even solo builds are quite good.

Sadly when you have your Poppi setup there is hardly any content that does not fall over at a blink of an eye ..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are sticking to main story line that can be the reason if you do side quests you are bound to be at a good level for combat , you can do some grinding depending on what you can kill fast and worth the time. You can't kill fast enough regardless of level it will be a pain. Also aux cores and items you can get (for driver) can make a good enough difference.

Unlocking enough cores to allow you to get better companions and levelling those non stop with mercenary missions is quite good for XP as well.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is you can get different cores for Poppi so that is one reason the other is you get master mod which can get you another upgrade over tank V or anything V
In the end it is pretty much the best blade in the game when you can get the stuff you need for Poppi QTpi life gets so much easier even solo builds are quite good.

Sadly when you have your Poppi setup there is hardly any content that does not fall over at a blink of an eye ..
I get that, but is just a boring mini game to keep playing over and over, that just seem to be a big difference between working hard to get that "Ultimate blade setup" and doing that mini game over and over and over. What I hope is there is a update that just makes it so you can buy parts and other items, or least make the game payout more for doing that repetition over with much rare stuff.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States

Are you doing any sidequests? Between side quests and merc missions, I was greatly overleveled thanks to bonus EXP. Do a couple side quests and always have merc missions going, then make sure to rest at an inn every now and again to receive your bonus exp.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you doing any sidequests? Between side quests and merc missions, I was greatly overleveled thanks to bonus EXP. Do a couple side quests and always have merc missions going, then make sure to rest at an inn every now and again to receive your bonus exp.
Not to sound a bit nit picky, but I always found the bonus exp and sleeping at a in to use it pretty stupid. Probably the only rpg to ever have such a thing. In the first xenoblade, there was a achievement system. You complete some of it and get awarded exp on the spot. I remember jumping from great height and dying to be rewarded with level up and laughing about it. Here is get the bonus exp and then go to a Inn and rest to level up. What was they thinking when they made that up?

You have almost no reason to visit a INN EVER in that game, maybe in torigoth to change the "CLOUD SEA LEVEL" but that is about it. Your HP restores automatically out of battle, which is the most common use of a INN with RPG games in the first place. I can see maybe the inn being part of the story, of course during aventures, they need sleep I guess, but why not just have a menu option for bonus exp or something?

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound a bit nit picky, but I always found the bonus exp and sleeping at a in to use it pretty stupid. Probably the only rpg to ever have such a thing. In the first xenoblade, there was a achievement system. You complete some of it and get awarded exp on the spot. I remember jumping from great height and dying to be rewarded with level up and laughing about it. Here is get the bonus exp and then go to a Inn and rest to level up. What was they thinking when they made that up?

You have almost no reason to visit a INN EVER in that game, maybe in torigoth to change the "CLOUD SEA LEVEL" but that is about it. Your HP restores automatically out of battle, which is the most common use of a INN with RPG games in the first place. I can see maybe the inn being part of the story, of course during aventures, they need sleep I guess, but why not just have a menu option for bonus exp or something?
Final Fantasy XV had a similar system, where all experience was withheld from being actually applied until you rested at a campfire or inn. In that game, it set up a gameplay loop where you had to rest, as you would on an actual road trip, and the game could present you with its cooking mechanic, as well as build up rapport in the player's eyes between the protagonists.

I have to agree with you that in this game, there is really no need to withhold experience. There's no gameplay loop being set up in Chronicles 2 like there is with FFXV. It's an arbitrary design choice that's more frustrating than anything. Pyra can cook -- what if they built that into inns? That would give you a reason to go to an inn, with bonus exp acting as a carrot to reinforce that loop. The inn is a half-baked mechanic that seems to be there only out of genre tropes, with its only justifiable use being to change the sea level (but even then, you can change the time of day at will and "wait" in the field for as long as you want, further invalidating the need for an inn).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with you that in this game, there is really no need to withhold experience. There's no gameplay loop being set up in Chronicles 2 like there is with FFXV. It's an arbitrary design choice that's more frustrating than anything. Pyra can cook -- what if they built that into inns? That would give you a reason to go to an inn, with bonus exp acting as a carrot to reinforce that loop. The inn is a half-baked mechanic that seems to be there only out of genre tropes, with its only justifiable use being to change the sea level (but even then, you can change the time of day at will and "wait" in the field for as long as you want, further invalidating the need for an inn).
Even with pyra's cooking, it just make pouch items that doesn't do much besides give small buff as long as it last. I never really felt the need of pouch items besides the blade affinity flow chart request it to complete it which is only limited to "Their favorite" which most of them can be bought from a store. Finding specific ingredients to even use is also a chore to deal with and is just rather poor to be honest. You have to go and do that dig action at those excavation points all the time and even the field skill doesn't help much to acquire those ingredients, most people would ignore them as it does actually slow down progression, having to walk over and stop and such, would be easier to just pick up after passing buy. :unsure:

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Even with pyra's cooking, it just make pouch items that doesn't do much besides give small buff as long as it last. I never really felt the need of pouch items besides the blade affinity flow chart request it to complete it which is only limited to "Their favorite" which most of them can be bought from a store. Finding specific ingredients to even use is also a chore to deal with and is just rather poor to be honest. You have to go and do that dig action at those excavation points all the time and even the field skill doesn't help much to acquire those ingredients, most people would ignore them as it does actually slow down progression, having to walk over and stop and such, would be easier to just pick up after passing buy. :unsure:
The pouch items were always incredibly helpful, especially the higher-rarity ones. I could literally spam healing arts every 2 seconds, auto-regen health like a madman, and accrue gobs of affinity in the space of a few blinks. Made the game a cheese-fest many times. As for gathering ingredients, isn't that the crux of every crafting and alchemy system in every game ever? Crafting systems may just not be your thing, but I don't think you can knock this game in particular for implementing it, considering that resource-gathering mechanics are present in a very wide assortment of games, and nearly all open-world games.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pouch items were always incredibly helpful, especially the higher-rarity ones. I could literally spam healing arts every 2 seconds, auto-regen health like a madman, and accrue gobs of affinity in the space of a few blinks. Made the game a cheese-fest many times. As for gathering ingredients, isn't that the crux of every crafting and alchemy system in every game ever? Crafting systems may just not be your thing, but I don't think you can knock this game in particular for implementing it, considering that resource-gathering mechanics are present in a very wide assortment of games, and nearly all open-world games.
I mean I don't hate it, I never really use the cooking, just that for something like her affinity chart to increase I do have to do it, so when I tried doing it that when i had noticed it and pointed it out. I may not take crafting/alchemy into consideration for the way I play games, then again I don't play MMO games where that stuff is huge deal. I play common Console JRPG that don't have it as a huge deal. I don't think crafting is bad, is just how some games make it part of the game and if is done where I find it a bit overbearing then I dislike it.

In game like dragon quest 8 where you do get the alchemy pot, you can custom craft items, rather than have forced options, and even if some items you do make isn't that helpful or can be bought from stores, is still a reason to experiment with it. Pyra's cookin isn't like that, is just "Have these ingredients and make that item" Do it 50 times to get cooking level 3 or whatever. That where it feels a bit less like crafting and more like fetch questing.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean I don't hate it, I never really use the cooking, just that for something like her affinity chart to increase I do have to do it, so when I tried doing it that when i had noticed it and pointed it out. I may not take crafting/alchemy into consideration for the way I play games, then again I don't play MMO games where that stuff is huge deal. I play common Console JRPG that don't have it as a huge deal. I don't think crafting is bad, is just how some games make it part of the game and if is done where I find it a bit overbearing then I dislike it.

In game like dragon quest 8 where you do get the alchemy pot, you can custom craft items, rather than have forced options, and even if some items you do make isn't that helpful or can be bought from stores, is still a reason to experiment with it. Pyra's cookin isn't like that, is just "Have these ingredients and make that item" Do it 50 times to get cooking level 3 or whatever. That where it feels a bit less like crafting and more like fetch questing.
The reason for affinity chart unlocks being tied to pouch items is to get you to experiment with pouch items, and utilize them more. They're a part of the game that can give really big boosts in battle. That said, I can't fully disagree with you. It seems a lot of the systems in this game could've used more refinement to seem less of a chore and more of something players would actually want to do. You eventually get to the point where you're drowning in pouch items and just uselessly spamming them for affinity gains.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason for affinity chart unlocks being tied to pouch items is to get you to experiment with pouch items, and utilize them more. They're a part of the game that can give really big boosts in battle. That said, I can't fully disagree with you. It seems a lot of the systems in this game could've used more refinement to seem less of a chore and more of something players would actually want to do. You eventually get to the point where you're drowning in pouch items and just uselessly spamming them for affinity gains.
The other thing I don't get is that when you use a pouch item, it keeps using it until there is no more left. Unless there is a way to stop I didn't figure out yet, is not a big deal since they do take long time before it needs to use it again. Still I get the idea is to use all the available things to the player, but they didn't construct most of the things to make the player want to feel willingly to do so, more of a obligation. Collecting ingredients to cook, weave, or craft whatever to boost affinity, use pouch items to boost affinity, even just progressing is based on boosting affinity chart. Required field skills need a party with enough field skill level to get by most barriers, combined with the RNG-LOOT-CRATE-FEST that is the blade crystals raffle to have specific blades with those requirements doesn't help much. Some of these are questionable to design of "Getting the player to explore various offerings of the games content" to "discouraging players to bother with it as it becomes less exciting"

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
The other thing I don't get is that when you use a pouch item, it keeps using it until there is no more left. Unless there is a way to stop I didn't figure out yet, is not a big deal since they do take long time before it needs to use it again. Still I get the idea is to use all the available things to the player, but they didn't construct most of the things to make the player want to feel willingly to do so, more of a obligation. Collecting ingredients to cook, weave, or craft whatever to boost affinity, use pouch items to boost affinity, even just progressing is based on boosting affinity chart. Required field skills need a party with enough field skill level to get by most barriers, combined with the RNG-LOOT-CRATE-FEST that is the blade crystals raffle to have specific blades with those requirements doesn't help much. Some of these are questionable to design of "Getting the player to explore various offerings of the games content" to "discouraging players to bother with it as it becomes less exciting"
They keep jerking off to JRPG tropes when so much of it is just horrible design. I loved the story, and the combat had some interesting ideas and could be fairly engaging, but all the surrounding systems are unintuitive, frustrating, and just not fun. Field skill gates are literally the worst thing, especially when one such check gated me from progressing the main story until I lucked upon a blade using the BS RNG loot box crystals that had the skill I needed. Sidequests are like... "go here, and here, and here, then here, and over here, and how about over there, think you're done? sike! do this other thing for me now, and THEN i'll reward you." Like with so many JRPGs, it's baffling that such shoddy design persists to this day.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They keep jerking off to JRPG tropes when so much of it is just horrible design. I loved the story, and the combat had some interesting ideas and could be fairly engaging, but all the surrounding systems are unintuitive, frustrating, and just not fun. Field skill gates are literally the worst thing, especially when one such check gated me from progressing the main story until I lucked upon a blade using the BS RNG loot box crystals that had the skill I needed. Sidequests are like... "go here, and here, and here, then here, and over here, and how about over there, think you're done? sike! do this other thing for me now, and THEN i'll reward you." Like with so many JRPGs, it's baffling that such shoddy design persists to this day.
Well that is MMO stuff that I just never found fun in those games. This game is probably best described as a CONSOLE MMO RPG, which probably those people who play such MMO will enjoy. I never played any MMO games before but it seem to take a lot of inspiration from those instead of what actual JRPG was about.

Most of what would make the game better is not tie in to the MMO aspect of the game and just make it more traditional. If they wanted to make a MMO style game, they should have just done that and advertised it as one, then it would have hit a different demographic of players like they did with Xenoblade Chronicles X on wii u, I kinda felt like they wanted to leave that behind but couldn't in some regard carried some things over to this game. :unsure:

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I found some things pretty good, the way it was for me is that I did do the mercenary missions religiously with as much of the common muppets and some rare as I could. This kind of play style I'm used to from MMORPG. If they wanted to change that behaviour then they could have done something more in the line of quests showing that what ganeplay is needed to progress in this game.

Which in turn is somewhat the same as with MMORPG the quests you need to do or the dungeons you need to visit if you want to progress ......

What I still don't like is that you have to figure out combat in all details out yourself. The Vandham story did not cut it .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: