Xecuter Wiip v2 - Final Design

DoS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
No. You need to do just as much opening, soldering, etc... as you've ever needed to.
Oh, that's right, I read it in a rush, sorry

I would go for this instantly if they had figured out a way to run backups on the Wii by just inserting some USB thing into its back
ohmy.gif

If that or something similar does not happen, my Wii will continue to be unmodded, as I ain't opening my Wii. Ever.

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt it will have its amazing "D2C compatibility" either...love how the description makes vague reference to it appearing in the future while Team XEcuter's announcement claims the chip works with all Wiis.

The__B

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Crappy vague reference to playing all games is what worries me im 99,9999999999999999999% sure that it's just the same "plays all same region backups" crap all the other chips have right now.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Yay more redundant drive-mods! I'm so glad people just keep making chips like this!!!! I'd much rather compare the one or two different features on a dozen similar chips than see an actually true Wii modchip!!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the last time I will tell this, because I'm frustrated by now. I've said this in counless threads but nobody seems to listen.

You can build the exact same chip (just without USB-programming) for months now for about 3€. (www.chiip.dl.am www.openwii.org) So if you want to know what it can do, build one and find out and don't throw money at this greedy team. But I can tell you it will be nothing revolutionary.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Crappy vague reference to playing all games is what worries me im 99,9999999999999999999% sure that it's just the same "plays all same region backups" crap all the other chips have right now.

I'm sure if it was totally region-free they'd have spelt it out clearly. I'm happy playing superior PAL games though. I don't want to feel like a cliptip everytime I put a game into my Wii.
smile.gif

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No one's concerned about the fact that XEcuter is trying to convince those of you, like me, who don't have a Wii to go out and buy a brand new one AND their chip, knowing full well that you'll never be able to install it in your newly purchased Wii? 0% of all backups is worse than vague 100% backup claims. XEcuter's self named forum guru has been trolling me about this for some time, apparently I'm too ignorant to know that I should shut up and let them rip people off.

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
It did say it could play backups.....and in the end say it could play the different regions......so doesnt that add up to being able to play everything?
"Boots All DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW
Boots All Wii Backups
Boots All Gamecube Backups & Homebrew
Supports NTSC/PAL/JAP"

lars

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is the last time I will tell this, because I'm frustrated by now. I've said this in counless threads but nobody seems to listen.

You can build the exact same chip (just without USB-programming) for months now for about 3€.

Sure, girl, but this is not correct.

How much time does it take for an average WII Player
- to order the electronics
- to assemble and build the programmer
- to build the chip
- to flash it?

about 4 to 5 Hours in all.

Hey, just go to work for 2 hours and buy a chip for 40 bucks!

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
For 40 i would buy it. That is if it can guarantee me that it can play all games backed up from any region that are currently on the market. I can understand when new games come out and not working but thats what updates are for. Im sick of copypasta chips and want a real chip solution finally to play all the great jpn games that come out but not here in the US.

king_j1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New news about playing all games from all regions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargaroth View Post
I have some question regarding the feature-list.

The list says: Boots All Wii Backups

Does this mean it boots ALL Wii backups on any Wii (PAL/NTSC/JAP) whichever region the actual Wii backup is? So far no mod-chip boots every Wii backup on every Wii system. Same goes for GC backups... does it boot any GC game on any Wii system?

It doesn't say anything about GC Audiofix. As some GC games use streaming audio, most mod-chips who support this mention this in their feautre list as "GC audiofix". Does this mod-chip have "GC audiofix" ?

Does anyone know the answers to these questions?

Thanks

(Answer by team xcuter)
1. Its booted all games I've tested on all regions. It also boots the GC games I have tried. The switches are also used for this. However if there is a game that doesnt work you can be sure we will be adding support. This mod is about being able to constantly update without fuss and to have an opensource community - nothing will be behind closed doors - thats the difference.

2. I have not even looked at GC audiofix yet - is it important? Dont forget the mod is 100% updateable and will have constant support. If its required and its added - it can be updated.

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
If that is true then this is awesome. If they are lying.....i dont even know. Im sorta iffy with soldering but this is definitely worth it. With only 5 solder points and not that close it shouldnt be that bad to do. Definite buy!
smile.gif
*happy for the day now*

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

You can build the exact same chip (just without USB-programming) for months now for about 3€.

Sure, girl, but this is not correct.

How much time does it take for an average WII Player
- to order the electronics
- to assemble and build the programmer
- to build the chip
- to flash it?

about 4 to 5 Hours in all.

Hey, just go to work for 2 hours and buy a chip for 40 bucks!

Girl, you didn't count the fun. Btw. I'm a student and I would wish to earn 20 bucks an hour in a crappy part time job but that's not how the world works.
wink.gif

I was just pointing out that fact, because in every thread that I read about this chip people speculate about the features because Xecuter are extremely vague about them, but everyone can allready see what features it has, since it exists for month.

QUOTE(king_j1984 @ Jul 11 2007, 11:17 AM)(Answer by team xcuter)
1. Its booted all games I've tested on all regions. It also boots the GC games I have tried. The switches are also used for this. However if there is a game that doesnt work you can be sure we will be adding support. This mod is about being able to constantly update without fuss and to have an opensource community - nothing will be behind closed doors - thats the difference.

2. I have not even looked at GC audiofix yet - is it important? Dont forget the mod is 100% updateable and will have constant support. If its required and its added - it can be updated.
I'll translate:
1. He obviously only tested working imports (by intention).
2. He has no clue how to implement audiofix.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was 100% region compatibility they would state it clearly instead of trying to be vague about it. I'm still waiting on a 100% region compatibility chip before I chip my 1st gen Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1