Xbox signs 10-year agreement to bring their PC games to GeForce now platform

logo-xbox.jpg

Microsoft has just signed a 10-year deal with NVIDIA, that will see Xbox and Activision games released on the GeForce Now platform. A similar plan was previously announced last year--one that would bring the Call of Duty franchise to Nintendo systems and to Steam for the next decade. This new agreement will bring Xbox's PC lineup of games, including Call of Duty, to GeForce Now's streaming service, notably, a rival to Xbox's own xCloud Gaming streaming service.

Of course, this all hinges on the Activision deal going through, which Microsoft will soon be defending to EU regulators.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
personally i want the f-ing ftc to stop bashing MS over every aquisition it does as @Foxi4 said in the ftc lawsuit thread this has been going out since the 90's for bill''s blood ever since internet explorer was default in windows
he tried to monopolise the internet. if he would have had his way we would all be using internet explorer and connected to microsoft ISP and no one else.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically they're competing against themselves, and there's no point to buy an Xbox... Neat.
You mean the hardware they sell at a loss? The hardware meant to make them money from services and game sales?
Post automatically merged:

deffinately humorous the last time cod was on a nintendo device was cod wii. go google it i dare you :lol:
There was a wii u version of black ops 2, it was actually decent.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I want to see is an actual release of Fallout 2, 3, 4 on Switch, you can keep the COD.
-Sorry- Meant for other post about Nintendy.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Thejax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminder that if you have American AT&T you get the 15$ a month tier for 6 months free.

Portal RTX is a really bad portal game, and a really fun sandbox when you remember HL2 npcs still exist

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he tried to monopolise the internet. if he would have had his way we would all be using internet explorer and connected to microsoft ISP and no one else.
and yet they dont go after Sony for their recent aquasitions i can think of 2 possiable reasons 1)sony is a japanese company so they have no bussiness suing them (unless they ban Sony from doing business in the USA like (some chinese companies or sonys bribing them to sick them on MS and/or to make them turn a blind eye, what Im getting at unless the mergergoes though Activision is probably done for because all of the controversy surrounding the company

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see them selling at a loss when the prices are half a grand.
Im Canadian so the source is Canadian, but https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/10/31/microsoft-takes-100-200-loss-on-every-xbox-seriers-x-s/

These things arent cheap to make.

and yet they dont go after Sony for their recent aquasitions i can think of 2 possiable reasons 1)sony is a japanese company so they have no bussiness suing them (unless they ban Sony from doing business in the USA like (some chinese companies or sonys bribing them to sick them on MS and/or to make them turn a blind eye, what Im getting at unless the mergergoes though Activision is probably done for because all of the controversy surrounding the company
Nobody else is buying a company the size of activision, call of duty really dominates in the console space. Other games sell really well too, but COD is the number 1 or near number 1 every single year... sometimes last years entry is still near the top too.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Im Canadian so the source is Canadian, but https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/10/31/microsoft-takes-100-200-loss-on-every-xbox-seriers-x-s/

These things arent cheap to make.

Nobody else is buying a company the size of activision, call of duty really dominates in the console space. Other games sell really well too, but COD is the number 1 or near number 1 every single year... sometimes last years entry is still near the top too.
I thought it was well known by now that hardware brings in next to nothing in terms of profit. More often it’s in the red. Hell, I only recently learned how much MS lost on the first gen Xbox.

It wouldn't eliminate all piracy, but piracy would stop being the only option for PC-only gamers. Should be common sense that any additional software profit is better than none.
Yeah, but the amount of work they’d have to put in to optimize for PC hardware… If they give us the crappy straight to PC console ports of the early 2010s, they wouldn’t see many purchases.

I’d love for Ninty to bring their a-listers to PC, but they’d also have to bring their infrastructure too.

Reactions: kevin corms

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish