Hardware XBOX One Upscales all titles to 1080p - Aaron Greenberg

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
the question i would be asking sony and m$ is the next gen tv are ultra HD so does the next gen console handle and take advantage of ultra HD giving it full support for the ps4 and xb1 games or would it look like an abomination?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
the question i would be asking sony and m$ is the next gen tv are ultra HD so does the next gen console handle and take advantage of ultra HD giving it full support for the ps4 and xb1 games or would it look like an abomination?

At the end of the day, it all boils down to the individual game. A game requiring only a small amount of the hardware's processing power could quite possibly render at 4K resolution, whilst a game that is graphically pushing the hardware to its limits may struggle to run at 1080p/60fps. It's up to the developer to choose the trade-offs, some would consider resolution of higher importance than frame rate whilst others may disagree. Some might scale the quality of the graphics back a bit just so they can run at 1080p/60fps.

On your TVs at the other side of the room, most of you will barely notice the difference between 1080p and 720p.

Reactions: Rydian

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL, there aren't many Wii-u games that run at 1080p60.
I know, but it's capable of it, which was my point. Whether it requires extra coding for that quality or if devs are too lazy to make multi-plat games run at 1080p when they can port them from the 720p PS3/360 versions is a different subject, and this isn't the place for it.

Do you REALLY think that the Wii U is capable of running at least some titles at 1080p 60fps without lag and the X1 isn't?

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that 1080p 60fps is acheivable if the Devs design the game with that goal in mind. Of course they could add even more eye candy, and they'd need to drop either the resolution, and/or expect less frames per second. It's entirely up to the devs. My observations are that devs usually sacrifice resolution and fps for more detailed environments etc. My expectation is that most xbox one/ ps4 games will be sub 1080p and sub 60fps.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing people need to learn is that Resolution isn't correlated to Graphics.
If you make the graphics for a game so advanced that it can't be run at 1080p 60fps, what you do is rather than compromising the graphics, you compromise the resolution and most of the time you should be seeing far better results.

Ideally, but then screenshots don't look as pretty, so they instead tend to sacrifice framerate. Probably not as effective as it was back before stuff like youtube and video reviews when people mostly had access to print ads and magazine articles, but still the mentality many devs/pubs still use.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TV upscaling generally sucks. I'd prefer that the console did it, tbh. If it had to be done at all. Obviously I'd prefer everything was native 1080.
This depends. On Xbox 360 and PS3, upscaling filters were applied, which can be better than filters used by the TV. This really depends on the TV though (budget TV will use cheap video processor).

However, if we look at vWii mode in Wii U which does not apply any filter (simply stretch the image). In this case it is better to let TV upscale it since at least it'll apply some filters.

Most Wii U games runs on 1080p/30fps anyway, which is likely what X1 and PS4 will output too.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Dan Greenawalt, creative director of Forza 5 is saying in every single interview that FM5 runs at 60 FPS, 1080p. The sym-race community is even joking about how many times he is talking about that. Here is an preview:

I dont know if it is better or worst than PS4, but for my taste is good enouth.

About other games, I dont see them as a success, do not matter how good or bad are their graphics, they will fail.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, this title needs to be changed, as it's not at all correct. One game gets upscaled from 720p (which I bet will happen on the PS4 as well at least once), and somehow everyone starts saying that it's true for every game that has and ever will be made for the X1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, never watched doctor who
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well guys, i went to the library today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What did you learn?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since my sister said manga was a good gateway into anime, i decided to get a manga, i was going to get one punch man, but volume 1 wasn't there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dr Strange is a gynecologist for prostitutes.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Going where lots of men have gone before
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tear off my nails
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i tear off my nails