XPLOiTS FTW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaron_greenberg_tweet.png

Nib95 @ NeoGAF added the following infos:

Confirmed now is Forza 5 at 1080p/60fps, Ryse at 900p/30fps, Killer Instinct at 720p/60fps and
unconfirmed is Dead Rising supposedly having a dynamic resolution at 30fps.

Clarification of resolutions:

720p | 1280 x 720 | 921,600 pixels
900p | 1600 x 900 | 1,440,000 pixels - 56% more pixels than 720p
1080p | 1920 x 1080 | 2,073,600 pixels - 125% more pixels than 720p, 44% more pixels than 900p

Kinda disappointing. Whatabout Sony?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOURCE: http://nforush.net/forum/xbox-one-n...-nowhere-near-1080p-native-m$-upscales-games/ via NeoGAF

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
They would easily be able to configure it to 1080p 60fps, the reason they are not is obviously because it looks better when they downscale the native resolution.
Obviously the Xbox One and the PS4 would have better upscaling than the previous consoles to make lower native resolutions a very viable option to make a squeeze better visuals out of it.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
upscaling will always give a worse picture, so what is so special abou this?
In this time and age it's notmal that your tv handles the scaling by default.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this how the Xbox 360 already works? I've played 720p games and my TV stays at 1080.

TV upscaling generally sucks. I'd prefer that the console did it, tbh. If it had to be done at all. Obviously I'd prefer everything was native 1080.

As for the PC argument, you'd be surprised. Lots of games still are not made in that resolution. Especially cutscenes and pre-rendered stuff.

Reactions: NEP and Obveron

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, all this information is actually not information of any significance. Of course it will upscale. Obviously the display output will be at whatever the user selects, just as with the 360 and Ps3, if you select 1080p that is what will be on the output. Whether it's native rendered at 1080p or upscaled, thats the important distinction.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hope the Xbone would upscale all titles to 1080p since the 360 already does that (assuming you have it set to 1080p). PS3 doesn't though, at least not with all games (you can force it on some, but others only allow 480 or 720).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To be quite honest no matter how powerful the system is, there will always be better graphics when made for a lower resolution than a higher resolution.

Since when a smaller resolution is better? I think you're thinking pixel density which is an entirely different matter.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Since when a smaller resolution is better? I think you're thinking pixel density which is an entirely different matter.

One thing people need to learn is that Resolution isn't correlated to Graphics.
If you make the graphics for a game so advanced that it can't be run at 1080p 60fps, what you do is rather than compromising the graphics, you compromise the resolution and most of the time you should be seeing far better results.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
One thing people need to learn is that Resolution isn't correlated to Graphics.
If you make the graphics for a game so advanced that it can't be run at 1080p 60fps, what you do is rather than compromising the graphics, you compromise the resolution and most of the time you should be seeing far better results.
...and this smaller resolution is then artificially inflated by the scaler inside your LCD-based television set back to its natively supported resolution (which is 1080p more often than not), because it has to do that to even display it full screen without cropping, stretching the image with shitty upscaling algorithms and no filters at all and turning it into a pixelated mess. :rolleyes:

It's always better to display graphics at their native resolution, upscaling always negatively impacts image quality and when done by the TV itself it may actually cause undesired lag.

On the bright side, the XBox One has a built-in scaler so it will no doubt do a better job then your average flat screen TV.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
...and this smaller resolution is then artificially inflated by the scaler inside your LCD-based television set back to its natively supported resolution (which is 1080p more often than not), because it has to do that to even display it full screen without cropping, stretching the image with shitty upscaling algorithms and no filters at all and turning it into a pixelated mess. :rolleyes:

It's always better to display graphics at their native resolution, upscaling always negatively impacts image quality and when done by the TV itself it may actually cause undesired lag.

On the bright side, the XBox One has a built-in scaler so it will no doubt do a better job then your average flat screen TV.

I kind of already said that but ok.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
upscale:

from video buffer : higher res

from tv/device : blittering changes aspect ratio, not 1:1

it could be both or the former

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.