Tutorial  Updated

XBox ONe apps-possible with the dev mode!

We see a lot of new emulators right now in GBA and other websites for N64, SNES, GBA, PSP and etc.

however, Dev mode does not allow our usual xb1 apps. You have to leave it every time you want to enjoy Ori or even Youtube.

Therefore, I tried some .appxbundle files in the dev mode I downloaded from various websites, and vala; it worked.

The websites we used are
https://github.com/MrGrak/DungeonRun
https://windowsmobapps.wordpress.com/category/appx-appxbundle-download-center/

http://windowsstoreappx.blogspot.co.id/

the windows 10 store with urlsnooper 2 (tnx @dominater01 )

this pages have some apps for windows 10 or windows phones.

We tried apps from these pages and these run in the xbox one developer mode.

ACG player
Shiye Browser
CCPLayer 2016
Nitro Nation (tnx @godzeroxx )
awesome tube (tnx @dominater01 )
jack and jill (tnx @dominater01 )
Altos Adventure
Pirates of Everseas (tnx @godzeroxx )
Disney Emoji Blitz (tnx @godzeroxx )
Alpine Ski III (tnx @godzeroxx )
Orcwar RTS (tnx @godzeroxx )
Kings guard TD (tnx @godzeroxx )
Theft Inc. Stealth Thief Game (tnx @godzeroxx )
Boltstorm (tnx @godzeroxx )
jack n' jill 3d (tnx @dominater01 )
squareboy vs bullies (tnx @dominater01 )
Dungeon Run - (tnx @wiired24 )
AwesomeTube 4.1.187.0 UWP
Occupation VR 1.0.5.0 UWP
Theft Inc.
Parma Video Player 2.2.132

If you have a depository webpage for such apps, please post it here and I am gonna put them in the 1st page.

If there is a way to convert all those xap, appx packages in the microsoft store or in other pages into xbox one version, then I guess I will never go back to retail mode.

Emulation is one thing; but the apps and PC software is completely another thing. Think about possibility of Kodi, Android emulation, various internet explorers, and many others on your XB1,

All we need is small software-apps that are already in business emulating all those consoles and running all these apps AND compile them so that they can work in dev mode in xbox one!

This should not be rocket science. This should not take 4 years to crack.

PS: There was a link here but I removed it since it happened to be a scam (i didnt know)..

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,001
Last edited by baha1453,
Reactions: Enovale
D

Deleted User

I downloaded the .exe file on that site

and boy does it look sketchy as fuck. I'll try running it in wine and see what comes up. I wouldn't DARE run this on a actual Windows partition.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2017-5-1_20-1-15.png

Reactions: Nigleet

Nigleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

and boy does it look sketchy as fuck. I'll try running it in wine and see what comes up. I wouldn't DARE run this on a actual Windows partition.

View attachment 85693

That is the most heat thing I've ever seen LOL

baha1453

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't much work at all. Go look up how to rip .appx files from the Windows Store. You can hijack the download and get the actual appx. So long as the app is truly part of the UWP program, and not a desktop conversion, you should be able to install it on the Xbox One. If it is UWP, but you still can't install it, you need to unpack the .appx and modify the App Manifest then repack. Also make sure you install the correct dependencies where needed.
I wish I could do it all.
I tried with VB2015, I also did a couple try out with makeappx.exe but nothing changed.

and if anybody wonders, here is my followup.

I provided a link in the 1st post;

I am happy to announce that there are several software (appxbundle) running in xb1 flawlessly.

ACG player
Shiye Browser
CCPLayer 2016

It saves a lot of time. I dont need to go back to the retail mode for youtube or watching movies from the hard drive.

I wish there was an easy way to run all those free Xap and Appx apps.

It really would be even better than any emulators..

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could do it all.
I tried with VB2015, I also did a couple try out with makeappx.exe but nothing changed.

and if anybody wonders, here is my followup.

I provided a link in the 1st post;

I am happy to announce that there are several software (appxbundle) running in xb1 flawlessly.

ACG player
Shiye Browser
CCPLayer 2016

It saves a lot of time. I dont need to go back to the retail mode for youtube or watching movies from the hard drive.

I wish there was an easy way to run all those free Xap and Appx apps.

It really would be even better than any emulators..
just tried awesome tube and it worked i wonder what else works :)

perfect tube works and is better

edit perfect tube while it is better doesnt play videos for me :( gonna try win10 store version edit nope still nothing

the game jack and jill works and is playable :)

Last edited by dominater01,

godzeroxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been testing out some games from that wordpress site, so far I have had a few install but have issues. Rage racing 3d installed fine and when you play, it shows the logo and plays music but just shows a blank screen after that. Nitro Nation installed and actually works well. The game gives a few random errors in the main menu but if you just hit the button it seems to play fine otherwise.

baha1453

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried awesome tube and it worked i wonder what else works :)

perfect tube works and is better

edit perfect tube while it is better doesnt play videos for me :( gonna try win10 store version edit nope still nothing

the game jack and jill works and is playable :)
yes, perfect tube doesnot work. It installs but halts.
Awesome tube also halts at some level, so I use shiye browser for youtube.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From the "FAQ" page:
Help! I get error "cannot find bootable image" #$@&%*!

A common error that can be resolved by reinstalling the bios.
100% guaranteed fake.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

View attachment 85693
My god, that is so fake. lolol

Reactions: Deleted User

baha1453

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

baha1453

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres another site i found

http://windowsstoreappx.blogspot.co.id/

bigger archive

Tried Despicable Me Minion Rush and got this error.

Installation Progress
Failure reason: Windows cannot install package GAMELOFTSA.DespicableMeMinionRush_4.1.1.6_x86__0pp20fcewvvtj because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" published by "any publisher", with neutral or x86 processor architecture and minimum version 12.0.21005.1, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" currently installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe}. Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3)

Tried Microsoft.Minecraft 1.0.411.0 and installed successfully. But when I try to run it, the startup screen shows up and the app closes. So; does not work.

Tried Sega-Sonic and got this error.

Installation Progress
Failure reason: Windows cannot install package SegaNetworksInc.56538047DFC80_3.6.0.0_x86__as33fap47kd3c because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" published by "any publisher", with neutral or x86 processor architecture and minimum version 12.0.21005.1, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" currently installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe}. Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3)

Tried XBMCFoundation.Kodi and got this error.
Installation Progress
Failure reason: Deployment Add operation with target volume D: on Package XBMCFoundation.Kodi_2017.320.1814.0_neutral_~_4n2hpmxwrvr6p from: (XBMCFoundation.Kodi_2017.320.1814.0_neutral_-_4n2hpmxwrvr6p.AppxBundle) failed with error 0x80073CFD. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues.. Failure text: A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. (0x80073cfd)

As a result, 4 out 4 did not work.
I wish I understood what these errors were and I wish I resolved them by myself.
So little help from the developers..

I dont understand why people are so interested in emulators. I guess this stuff is more important than the emulators. Emulator games are old and you will get rid of them eventually after a week or smtg. I see people seek a little bit of nostalgia but how long can you play a PS1 game on an xb1? New games and new apps are in continuum; therefore we have to find a way to run them in dev mode.

We dont need to crack any code, or mod any xbox for this. It is already done for us. Dev mode is a golden opportunity for us to reach real potential of xb1. I hope the developers understand this asap.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tried Despicable Me Minion Rush and got this error.

Installation Progress
Failure reason: Windows cannot install package GAMELOFTSA.DespicableMeMinionRush_4.1.1.6_x86__0pp20fcewvvtj because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" published by "any publisher", with neutral or x86 processor architecture and minimum version 12.0.21005.1, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" currently installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe}. Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3)

Tried Microsoft.Minecraft 1.0.411.0 and installed successfully. But when I try to run it, the startup screen shows up and the app closes. So; does not work.

Tried Sega-Sonic and got this error.

Installation Progress
Failure reason: Windows cannot install package SegaNetworksInc.56538047DFC80_3.6.0.0_x86__as33fap47kd3c because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" published by "any publisher", with neutral or x86 processor architecture and minimum version 12.0.21005.1, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" currently installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe}. Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3)

Tried XBMCFoundation.Kodi and got this error.
Installation Progress
Failure reason: Deployment Add operation with target volume D: on Package XBMCFoundation.Kodi_2017.320.1814.0_neutral_~_4n2hpmxwrvr6p from: (XBMCFoundation.Kodi_2017.320.1814.0_neutral_-_4n2hpmxwrvr6p.AppxBundle) failed with error 0x80073CFD. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues.. Failure text: A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. (0x80073cfd)

As a result, 4 out 4 did not work.
I wish I understood what these errors were and I wish I resolved them by myself.
So little help from the developers..

I dont understand why people are so interested in emulators. I guess this stuff is more important than the emulators. Emulator games are old and you will get rid of them eventually after a week or smtg. I see people seek a little bit of nostalgia but how long can you play a PS1 game on an xb1? New games and new apps are in continuum; therefore we have to find a way to run them in dev mode.

We dont need to crack any code, or mod any xbox for this. It is already done for us. Dev mode is a golden opportunity for us to reach real potential of xb1. I hope the developers understand this asap.
It's already been mentioned that x86 apps won't work so that's probably why the first 3 fail. The last one is a bit more cryptic, and according to the filename it looks like it's compiled with both x86 and x64 support, so it probably fails for a different reason.

Reactions: baha1453

baha1453

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already been mentioned that x86 apps won't work so that's probably why the first 3 fail. The last one is a bit more cryptic, and according to the filename it looks like it's compiled with both x86 and x64 support, so it probably fails for a different reason.
is there a way to compile them again to make them runnable?

baha1453

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tried GeometryJump-ImpossibleDash and installed successfully. When I ran it gave an error "update the app" and stopped.

tried AltosAdventure_1.1.96.0 and installed succesfully. The game ran without an error. But crashed in the beginning for no reason in the 1st run. But in the 2nd try it worked like a charm.

tried DawnofSteel_1.9.4.37060 and got this error
Installation Progress
Failure reason: Windows cannot install package flaregamesGmbH.DawnofSteel_1.9.4.37060_x86__g0q0z3kw54rap because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" published by "any publisher", with neutral or x86 processor architecture and minimum version 12.0.21005.1, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00" currently installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe}. Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3)

So the result is 1 out of 3.

AltosAdventure_1.1.96.0 is the working app from this website @dominater01 found

godzeroxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify from my previous post Rage racing 3D loaded up but wasn't really playable, Nitro Nation was the game that played well ingame.

Also, I used some app called fiddler which captures web traffic in order to get the urls and download appxbundles directly from the store and found a few more games that work well.

Pirates of Everseas
Disney Emoji Blitz
Alpine Ski III
Orcwar RTS
Kings guard TD
Theft Inc. Stealth Thief Game
Boltstorm works as well, although seems to lag a lot, all the others seem to play perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@