Hacking Need help with Xbox One dev mode

HunterLehane

OP
Trophies
XP
Every time I leave dev mode and return from retail mode or turn my Xbox off in dev mode, all of my apps such as Retroarch and other emulators crash on startup and do not want to run. And when Retroarch decides to not crash, the cores and games do not show up when I try to load them. The only way I can fix this issue is to delete and redownload the emulator for it to work again. But it only works if I don't leave dev mode or turn my Xbox off. So I want to know if I can get a permanent fix for this issue because it is very annoying and I want to get it resolved ASAP.

Themadscientist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm suffering the same fate mates. All of my installed apps or created both no longer start after a reboot... I will be contacting Microsoft later to set off they can give me any insight.
Retrix was able to survive 1 reboot Bit other than everything won't open.

Reactions: spanishnerd

Themadscientist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you for that. I'm gonna check it out here in a few. Kinda new to xbox in general. Spent most of my years modding phones off xda.
I see you mention discord group several times I click on the link, and it keeps telling me no longer valid.
Update You sir are the man... Does this persist if I shut down my pc or reboot haven't got that far yet...

Last edited by Themadscientist,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for that. I'm gonna check it out here in a few. Kinda new to xbox in general. Spent most of my years modding phones off xda.
I see you mention discord group several times I click on the link, and it keeps telling me no longer valid.
Update You sir are the man... Does this persist if I shut down my pc or reboot haven't got that far yet...
it only gives permission once so after reboot you have to repeat the process, t3 made the tool and he plans on updating it so hopefully it'll be automatic but we'll see

Reactions: Themadscientist

Themadscientist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it only gives permission once so after reboot you have to repeat the process, t3 made the tool and he plans on updating it so hopefully it'll be automatic but we'll see
So I've noticed. And man. If I'm irritating ya let me know. Like I say I'm from a long life of ps4 and android But know my way around windows. But I've now noticed last few times I've switched from dev mode to retail and or powered off. A couple of my apps are continuing to work boot right up and all. I didnt see any notification about any system updates. Dont know if xbox does silent seamless updates in the background or sleeping. I've done your fixes dont know if I've done other things. Retroarch doesn't seem to want to reboot still. But retrix and a couple other apps including one I've been doing with unity seems to be surviving reboots.

supera3

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Some problem here , i paied 19$ fot nothing , fuc k Microsoft :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some here , 19$ for nothing , all apps crash after reboot

supera3

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Finally Microsoft return me the money ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Finally Microsoft return me the money :) and i am dev lol

spanishnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hey man, I'm testing your tool but it won't work, I'm in Dev Mode after having installed RetroArch and done a reboot, the app won't run anymore, so I tried as the video said but it gives me a 401 error that says "error in remote server (401) unauthorized" with only fix apps enabled. idk what's wrong

EDIT: nvm i fixed it using the alt method, but it's still more of a chore than just using the tool if it worked.

Last edited by spanishnerd,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, I'm testing your tool but it won't work, I'm in Dev Mode after having installed RetroArch and done a reboot, the app won't run anymore, so I tried as the video said but it gives me a 401 error that says "error in remote server (401) unauthorized" with only fix apps enabled. idk what's wrong

EDIT: nvm i fixed it using the alt method, but it's still more of a chore than just using the tool if it worked.
is your dev mode set up with a username and password if so turn it off

spanishnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is your dev mode set up with a username and password if so turn it off
Yeah I have it enabled, but I can't find it in the Xbox Device Portal. Where is it? I've enabled my user in the Auto-sign in user dialog in there, now I can log into the portal without username and password but the tool still won't work

edit: nvm i found it, had to do it inside the xbox's dev mode settings not thru the portal. after disabling the authentication i tested the app again and it worked fine. Thanks!

I also found out in the comments on one of your videos that you can do essentially the same as your app by running this command in cmd:

icacls "\\<XBOX-IP>\DevelopmentFiles\WindowsApps" /T /C /grant "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES:(OI)(CI)(F)"

So pick your favourite I guess. I'm putting it here in case it can help somebody else.

Hope Microsoft will get their shit together and fix this inconvenience soon. I asked them to fix it in a reddit post read by the Xbox division but it seems they don't really care since I got downvoted...

Last edited by spanishnerd,

carizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah I have it enabled, but I can't find it in the Xbox Device Portal. Where is it? I've enabled my user in the Auto-sign in user dialog in there, now I can log into the portal without username and password but the tool still won't work

edit: nvm i found it, had to do it inside the xbox's dev mode settings not thru the portal. after disabling the authentication i tested the app again and it worked fine. Thanks!

I also found out in the comments on one of your videos that you can do essentially the same as your app by running this command in cmd:

icacls "\\<XBOX-IP>\DevelopmentFiles\WindowsApps" /T /C /grant "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES:(OI)(CI)(F)"

So pick your favourite I guess. I'm putting it here in case it can help somebody else.

Hope Microsoft will get their shit together and fix this inconvenience soon. I asked them to fix it in a reddit post read by the Xbox division but it seems they don't really care since I got downvoted...
You can also tick the authorisation box and eneter the username and password

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

its fixed with new feb update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2