'XBOX ONE' ANNOUNCED!

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Going to be released this year, no comments on when roughly but further info coming at E3.

DLC for COD exclusively available 1st on Xbox One, that'll sell a few extra.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
OH MY GOD I FIGURED OUT HOW THEY CAME UP WITH THE NAME

"So, we have this new Xbox."
"Yes."
"It's an all-in-one entertainment system.
"Of course."
"So how do we name it?"
"I KNOW! It's an 'all-in-one' console, so how about when people think all in One, they think Xbox One! It's all things entertainment in One box!"
"Brilliant, Jim. Simply genius."

And there was that one guy who thought essentially making the name a pun was fucking stupid. He was probably fired or locked in a dungeon.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

"Yes."
"Of course."
"So how do we name it?"
"I KNOW! It's an 'all-in-one' console, so how about when people think all in One, they think Xbox One! It's all things entertainment in One box!"

And there was that one guy who thought essentially making the name a pun was fucking stupid. He was probably fired or locked in a dungeon.
Come on man, we've been through this. XD
"Gentlemen, the only way we can possibly beat Nintendo this generation is to think of a name twice as stupid and nonsensical as Wii U." -Microsoft, when naming the Xbox 1

Reactions: chartube12

crysalim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"We didn't want to do the safe thing" -----> announces Call of duty 39. Did anyone else cringe at that irony!?!?

I am somewhat relieved though, to be honest. Sony and MS didn't offer anything so I won't need to touch their systems for at least a year. New Smash bros and misc games that fly under the radar will have to do for now.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If they want to be an all-in-one entertaiment system for everyone, they have to offer much content for europe, too. Many things they announced seems to be US only like e.g the NFL-partnership, ESPN features or Netflix. I doubt that there will be e.g. these fantasy league features for the Bundesliga or the Premier League.

Reactions: SifJar

crysalim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"Yes."
"Of course."
"So how do we name it?"

Haha.. my friend came up with the idea that they wanted to declare themselves "winners" of last generation, thus being number "one".

I personally believe some suit in a boardroom stood up and said "we can't acknowledge the PS3, it sucked, so Xbox 3 is now off the table"

You really can't glean much rationality out of these conferences in general. >.<

crysalim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they want to be an all-in-one entertaiment system for everyone, they have to offer much content for europe, too. Many things they announced seems to be US only like e.g the NFL-partnership, ESPN features or Netflix. I doubt that there will be e.g. these fantasy league features for the Bundesliga or the Premier League.

The really weird thing, in my opinion, is offering an "all in one" entertainment solution in a market where SO many already exist - really solid ones, too! We're not lacking them at all - Smart tvs, the -current- consoles, media centers, wireless sharing servers - there's just so many solutions that to insist "we have the best one" seems so naive. It doesn't feel trustworthy..

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I was just wandering that is online features still going to cost after all that social talk? Only thing I though was great was Remedy exclusive but I'll just wait couple years for PC release instead of getting shitty console with kinectTM ;_;

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guess Microsoft is REAALLLLY keen on their squares, rectangles and boxes. First Windows 8, now Xbox One. In a few years, I swear they'll change the Xbox controller to a cube or something :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, I dont have the other 3 wives