• Replies 66

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
QUOTE said:
XBOX Live Microsoft is such a train wreck.
Fixed
smileipb2.png

I also blame XBox Live for never getting any of the custom maps from L4D/L4D2 for the box, like Valve promised us (though, Valve is probably also a reason).

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XBL has always been issues with since i had it

for the Gold membership, i could only benfit from the online play, and it was the only thing i was interested in; that to me was the first issue i had

Second i could never get my head around the MS point issue, i dnt see why we can't just use real money and see the exact price from the marketplace.

The market place again in itself is an issue, i really just dnt like the way how it maintained/grouped everything etc.

the PS3 has its fair share of "issues" with me, but many of which that XBL had have gone with PSN (for me that is). Free, simple, game sharing, easy to see price and it just really does the job.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:

for the Gold membership, i could only benfit from the online play, and it was the only thing i was interested in; that to me was the first issue i had

Second i could never get my head around the MS point issue, i dnt see why we can't just use real money and see the exact price from the marketplace.

The market place again in itself is an issue, i really just dnt like the way how it maintained/grouped everything etc.

the PS3 has its fair share of "issues" with me, but many of which that XBL had have gone with PSN (for me that is). Free, simple, game sharing, easy to see price and it just really does the job.

Microsoft Points are actually pretty good since you don't get taxed online for buying games. If you did cash it'd be quite a clusterfuck. With a $20 (or 1600 MS Point) gift card I can buy say Perfect Dark and Puzzle Quest (both of which cost 800 points/$10). But if they did cash they'd have tax and you wouldn't be able to buy them both. Also you pay straight up cash for Xbox 360 games that you purchase online.

Meh, the Marketplace isn't unorganized beyond belief, plus there's that free download that's basically a reorganized Marketplace browser.

If they simply made basic online play part of the Silver subscription a lot of complaints would go away.

Blue-K said:
QUOTEXBOX Live Microsoft is such a train wreck.
Fixed
smileipb2.png

I also blame XBox Live for never getting any of the custom maps from L4D/L4D2 for the box, like Valve promised us (though, Valve is probably also a reason).

So you say basically that it's Valve's fault in the end but you want to blame Microsoft? Wow, real smart. Since when has any console that's NOT the PC got custom maps or mods that wasn't an inbuilt feature? If you want mods you play the PC. I bought the Orange Box for my Xbox more so for single player games, TF2 is a throw away on it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
jet™ said:
Where can I get a Wii for Free?
From the garbage dump.

rofl.gif

Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Sep 11 2010, 09:24 AM)

Microsoft Points are actually pretty good since you don't get taxed online for buying games. If you did cash it'd be quite a clusterfuck. With a $20 (or 1600 MS Point) gift card I can buy say Perfect Dark and Puzzle Quest (both of which cost 800 points/$10). But if they did cash they'd have tax and you wouldn't be able to buy them both. Also you pay straight up cash for Xbox 360 games that you purchase online.

Meh, the Marketplace isn't unorganized beyond belief, plus there's that free download that's basically a reorganized Marketplace browser.

If they simply made basic online play part of the Silver subscription a lot of complaints would go away.
PSN does straight up cash, there are no taxes when you buy anything online.
with psn, a $10 gift card = you get $10 money in your "wallet"

I've read somewhere that Microsoft does their stupid points thing to keep the points consistent across different currencies, but it's just stupid that you have to convert your real money into some made up point system

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
QUOTE said:
XBOX Live Microsoft is such a train wreck.
Fixed
smileipb2.png

They're not a train wreck.....just sickeningly greedy, lol. A train wreck implies that this is in any way ruining them.
But I do agree on the custom maps, that's some bullsh*t right there. If Valve wants to release their content for free then there is absolutely no logical reason to give people a reason to use a different console by making them charge for it....problem is that people are idiots who will pay for it.
I've heard comments from a lot of people who say that they only bought a PS3 because it was free online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zRP4O4N7FPU?si=onaJGFGw9vP1XCSQ