Xbox E3 Briefing 2017

Capture.JPG

In a few hours time at Microsoft's E3 2017 Briefing, we will finally get to see the reveal of the latest Xbox hardware. Codenamed 'Project Scorpio', Microsoft are touting the machine as the world's most powerful console.
We will also get to see upcoming game titles and hopefully some new IPs.

Check out the following spoiler box for real time updates of the announcements as they come (refresh page):
Conference is Over

- Phil Spencer on stage
- Scorpio is called Xbox One X
- 6 Terraflops GPU, 12GB GDDR5
- Releases November 7th
- All accessories work on Xbox One X
- Game library will work and look better on X
- Has liquid cooling
- Smallest Xbox Ever
- World Premiere: Forza 7
- Forza 7 demo
- Will show 42 games, 22 exclusives
- World Premiere: Metro Exodus
- World Premiere: Assassin's Creed: Origins - Releases 27th October
- Assassin's Creed: Origins demo - Xbox One Enhanced
- PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds coming to Xbox One X as a launch exclusive
- Deep Rock Galactic announced
- State of Decay 2 announced
- The Darwin Project announced
- Minecraft 4K update "Super Duper Graphics Pack" coming Fall 2017
- E3 announced games available for preorder today
- Dragonball FighterZ announced, releasing early 2018
- Black Desert Online announced for Xbox One X
- The Last Night announced
- The Artful Escape announced
- Code Vein announced
- Sea of Thieves gameplay demo
- Tacoma August 2nd release date
- Super Lucky's Tail announced
- Cuphead September 29th release date
- Crackdown 3 gameplay trailer - November 7th release
- ID@Xbox Showreel (Update Soon)
- Ashen trailer
- Life is Strange 2 announced
- Shadow of War gameplay demo - releases October 10th
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps reveal trailer
- Xbox Originals coming to XB1X - Crimson Skies and more coming later this year
- 4K updates coming to many Xbox Titles
- Xbox One S slashed to $249
- Xbox One X $499 November 7th
- Anthem world premiere gameplay - releases 2018
- Announced games sizzle reel

-Fin-

xbox.png

:arrow:Watch Xbox E3 2017 Briefing on Twitch
:arrow:Watch Xbox E3 2017 Briefing on Youtube
:arrow:Watch Xbox E3 2017 Briefing on Mixer

S

Saiyan Lusitano

$500 is about how much most of us expected the Scorpio to cost. Surprised? No. Overpriced? Not sure, but wouldn't pay $500 for a gaming console regardless.

Xbox runs on third party games which is its forte but for me, as I like to play console exclusives it just wouldn't be something I'd buy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If they make some actual good exclusives like botw or horizon zero Dawn
Maybe they'll revive Scalebound though I wish Sony or Nintendo would take it away from Microsoft. Microsoft just isn't one to actually care about exclusives.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I think they could have got away with the Xbone specs had they given it enough good exclusives.

If you look at the PS3, that was mediocre for multiplats (only free online gave it a possible edge) but it's exclusives helped me to like the platform.

$500 is about how much most of us expected the Scorpio to cost. Surprised? No. Overpriced? Not sure, but wouldn't pay $500 for a gaming console regardless.

If it's higher, I wonder if we'll get some new memes out the presentation?

Last edited by tech3475,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

If you look at the PS3, that was mediocre for multiplats (only free online gave it a possible edge) but it's exclusives helped me to like the platform.
Yeah, PS3 kinda sucked with multiplats and that's where the 360 reigned. I actually preferred 360 for multiplats and PS3 for the exclusives.

If it's higher, I wonder if we'll get some new memes out the presentation?
One thing that could be said "Well, it's cheaper than PS3 at launch." lol. :P

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't it already proven it's weaker than the PS4 Pro?
Err, no... it's nearly twice as powerful. Whether we'll see much of a difference on the screen remains to be seen though, the Pro's done a good job with Checkerboard 4k, Scorpio should be able to do the same game at true 4K resolution, the question is will anybody with a TV less than 65" be able to tell the difference between them, and if all games have to still be playable on vanilla Xbox One, will that hold the console back in the first place? Already seems that way with the PS4 Pro, and gulf in power is much less there...

UncleHeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, no... it's nearly twice as powerful. Whether we'll see much of a difference on the screen remains to be seen though, the Pro's done a good job with Checkerboard 4k, Scorpio should be able to do the same game at true 4K resolution, the question is will anybody with a TV less than 65" be able to tell the difference between them, and if all games have to still be playable on vanilla Xbox One, will that hold the console back in the first place? Already seems that way with the PS4 Pro, and gulf in power is much less there...

A shame that Microsoft never has worthy 1st party games. They can have a more powerful system, but I'd rather Sony any day.

Heck, some of their first party games can even be played on Windows 10. Microsoft should never of entered the home console market if you ask me.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A shame that Microsoft never has worthy 1st party games. They can have a more powerful system, but I'd rather Sony any day.

Heck, some of their first party games can even be played on Windows 10. Microsoft should never of entered the home console market if you ask me.
Somebody answered this well on the last page... that's really just personal opinion. Personally I own both a Pro and a Xbox One, and play both. Forza Horizon series from a racing fans point of view, is absolutely superb, so definitely 'worthy' for me at least right there.

Will agree with the also on Windows bit though... I think future Xbox consoles will probably end up being Windows 10 PCs in a console box anyway, and these are the first steps.

Reactions: UncleHeffy

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'd rather have money spent on a better game than on marketing deals like Sony is doing right now. Guess which is more pro consumer?
Of course. I wrote this because it shows that they do their marketing deals for the US-audience and then they wonder why there is such a big gap in sales between Sony and Microsoft in the rest of the world.

UncleHeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody answered this well on the last page... that's really just personal opinion. Personally I own both a Pro and a Xbox One, and play both. Forza Horizon series from a racing fans point of view, is absolutely superb, so definitely 'worthy' for me at least right there.

Will agree with the also on Windows bit though... I think future Xbox consoles will probably end up being Windows 10 PCs in a console box anyway, and these are the first steps.

Sure, opinion is a thing. But really, Forza or the new God of War?

There are tons of racing games, only one God of War. Only one out of many examples, but alas it's only my opinion.

Reactions: mightymuffy

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure, opinion is a thing. But really, Forza or the new God of War?

There are tons of racing games, only one God of War. Only one out of many examples, but alas it's only my opinion.
To that I can 100% truthfully reply, Forza please! (Horizon of course) There are tons of racing games, but there's only one Forza Horizon series. Looking forward to God of War too of course! Proof right there that it's all down to personal opinion ;)

Reactions: UncleHeffy

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like another over powered, over priced, un-innovative, lacking in counsel exclusive games kinda counsel I've (sadly) learned to expect from Microsoft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password