Gaming Xbox 360, Overpriced or Reasonable?

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tropicana said:
You know, if you already have a good PC, then an xbox would be useless.

I mean, PS3 at least has a bunch of decent exclusives, like Demon's Souls (again), Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 2, 3D Dot Game heroes and Last guardian.

What does the 360 have? Crackdown, and Alan wake.
you have a point, but im still not going for a PS3, anything for the PS3, is just way too expensive here, most games on release are $150. at least the xbox is only $110 also as i have said i DO NOT LIKE THE PS3. Nothing is going to change my mind on that, its a brick that might as well be labeled Vacuum Cleaner. i dont particularly care much about the releases as long as i can find games that i enjoy, i dont care about the OVER HYPED AWESOME MEGA SUPER GAMES! i hate it when a game gets soo much attention then everyone thinks its so cool, for about a week, then its a major letdown because it was mega hyped, the only games i would buy for the PS3 are Disgaea, Star Ocean and FFXIII and just for those id pay about $350 - $400. Atleast with an xbox, i might be able to afford games.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you missed the power brick thing altogether. The 360's powerbrick is freaking huge and heavy for what it is. and you've got to be kidding if you think the 360 produces less sound the ps3. even when you have a game installed to a 360 hard drive, its still a bit louder than a running ps3.

and ps3 games costing 150 on release? haha oh wow.sometimes they cost a bit more, $10 at most. otherwise they're the same price as new release 360 titles.

Ryufushichou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
.Radiant said:
you missed the power brick thing altogether. The 360's powerbrick is freaking huge and heavy for what it is. and you've got to be kidding if you think the 360 produces less sound the ps3. even when you have a game installed to a 360 hard drive, its still a bit louder than a running ps3.

and ps3 games costing 150 on release? haha oh wow.sometimes they cost a bit more, $10 at most. otherwise they're the same price as new release 360 titles.
what state of Aus do you live in? Im in TAS and no joke about the $150, its always $150 whenever i check stores here.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
.Radiant said:

No intention of saying your wrong, but as an owner of BOTH consoles when the games are installed on the HDD of the 360 the thing runs pretty much silent, you can barely here it, as for the PS3 i can clearly here that its on

i mean dnt get me wrong, the sound of the game can kill out their sound pollution of the consoles, and just because one makes more ound than the other doesnt mean its a shit console

anyway if its cheaper, and the fact you like the 360 then just go for it

But Tropicana stated a great fact there, i mean you already have a PC, but meh i suppose its a $$ issue

anyway i hope you get to a decision.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its just from what I've heard personally of both consoles. yeah the 360 runs a great deal quieter when installed, but i still found it louder than a ps3. Then again, it was a 06 360 and a brand new slim. might have to do with the amount of dust around but i've never found dust to increase a fan's loudness by that much.

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems like your an RPG type of guy so I don't really see the need for the 250GB hard drive or two controllers bundle since the games that you are getting are mostly single player games.

Perhaps you can save a bit of money by just getting a arcade and spending the other bit of money on the accessory.

If your going to download a ton of DLC and play online then by all means stick with that bundle.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
.Radiant said:
its just from what I've heard personally of both consoles. yeah the 360 runs a great deal quieter when installed, but i still found it louder than a ps3. Then again, it was a 06 360 and a brand new slim. might have to do with the amount of dust around but i've never found dust to increase a fan's loudness by that much.

Forgive me i was wrong to state that this 360 is relativley new, its an 07 or 08 but i barely use it so there isn't much wear and tear, and also its compared to the sound of a 40GB fat

as i said it doesnt matter about sound, as long as your happy then nothing "annoying" will be annoying.

Ryufushichou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finishoff said:
Seems like your an RPG type of guy so I don't really see the need for the 250GB hard drive or two controllers bundle since the games that you are getting are mostly single player games.

Perhaps you can save a bit of money by just getting a arcade and spending the other bit of money on the accessory.

If your going to download a ton of DLC and play online then by all means stick with that bundle.
No im not going to download a ton of DLC and as for the online, meh. Its just that i always found with my other consoles, i run out of space WAY to quickly, and i dont want to fill up an xbox in about 2 months, i filled up my PS2 memor32 which is a 32mb ps2 mem card in 2 weeks with nothing but retail games. i just have a knack for filling up space, plus i have friends who will more than likely wanna start their own saves and i just dont like deleting stuff, cause im very forgetful and wont know if its important or not. And also if you dont mind me saying, the topic was is it a reasonable price for the package, not convince me to buy a PS3, back on topic please!

shadowwolf1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Vincent Valentine said:
my friend has a PS3 and i cant stand the damn thing, its ugly, bulky and.....i just....-shudders- So that wasn't and option for me, plus the Xbox version is cheaper.

LOL you make me laugh, have you stepped back and had a good look at the xbox 360 design? it's like a 5 year old designed it,
it scratches discs: All my disks are scratched by outside means.,
sounds like a jet airplane: install a game to the hard drive.. It will be noticeably quieter.
RROD: Rarely happens on newer models, and most of the time easily fixable
massive power brick: Oh boohoo!
and you have to PAY to go online: True, but its actually VERY Affordable, and you get WAY better service than PS3, plus there is online for all games that support it
hate the ps3 all you want, but you are missing out, i know you can't afford a ps3 but there is no need to slag off the ps3 like that just because you can't afford one, oh and you forgot one major thing in your bundle,
you need a wireless adaptor to go online: Ever heard of a ethernet cord? besides, you can just bridge connections with a laptop with wireless.
enjoy your money accesory grabbing xbox. In conclusion, yes, I will enjoy it.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
I have no intention of joining in on the 360/ps3 flamewar going on here, but here's my two cents:

RROD: still happens on new models, the new motherboard revisions doing practically nothing to address the serious design flaws of the 360.

I bought my 360 about 5/6 months ago, and it has now crapped out with the E74 error.

The PS3 slim is now basically the same price as a 360, and you get pretty much everything out of the box. Free internet (that is just as good as live IMO), built in wireless, built in rechargable batteries, controllers recharge with standard usb cables, rather than the proprietry crap MS uses, built in HDD, etc.

Put simply, my 360 was intially cheaper than my ps3 by about £50-60, but with all the extra crap I had to buy for it (HDD, play and charge kit, and wireless adapter if I wanted to get fucking ripped off) it works out more expensive than my ps3 slim.

Having said all this, I am holding into my 360 because of the exclusives it has that I like (albiet a tiny handful of RPGS, most of which are average at best.)

Most of the really great games are cross platform, and each console has its own great exclusives.

I dont think either console is that much better, despite the xbox 360 being a rip off money wise, and the console itself being very poorly built.

There is no clear winner this gen IMO

and to the OP, if you are happy with that deal then go for it, sounds alright to me!

Ryufushichou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im getting and Xbox, no doubt about that but the package has officially changed as of now:

Ill be getting a 250gb HDD + Xbox 360 elite + 2 Wireless Controllers + FFXIII Special edition + Special Edition FFXIII Face plate = $580

Ryufushichou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering what has come to light in the last 24 hours, ill be staying with the xbox360 (yes i know its only effecting Phats, but how do we know slims wont meet a similar problem in future) If the xbox RROD, at least its only 250 to replace, thanks for your help guys, i really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage