Xbox 360 or PS3?

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it breaks Microsoft will fix it, anyway they have now added an extra heatsink and i think they are putting 65nm CPU's in them so the newer ones should be even less likley to RRoD. Just don't store it above a radiator and all will be well
biggrin.gif

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I own both a PS3 and a Xbox 360 (A Wii to, but thats not on the subject). Anyway, I play my PS3 all the time, while I have not played my Xbox 360 since Gears of War 1 came out (which was fun, tho VERY short. Overall I was let down). Some games I like to play (just to give you an idea):

GTA 4 (out on both, I play PS3 version tho)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 (out on both, I play PS3 version)
BioShock (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty 4 (out on both, I play Xbox 360 version)
Project Gotham 3 & 4 (Xbox 360)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360)
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3, was fun for about 2hrs then I got bored and quit)

and don't forget with the 360 you will have to play to go online, and unless you have wired internet you will have to buy the wirless adapter.

Overall I like my PS3 most of all (Then my Wii). I would say its 10x better then the Xbox 360. Just my $0.02 tho

Meatbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Since the PS3's error 8011... Whatever the hell it is, is ruining more PS3's than originally expected, I wouldn't call it invincible any more. Less common than rrod, but still common enough to be an issue.

Halo 3 fell far short of its prequels as well as all expectations about it in my opinion. Gears of War is a good series. Overall the only exclusive 360 games I would say are outstanding would be Halo 1&2 and the Gears of War series.

The PS3 is pretty solid. You won't be sold a PS3 without a hardrive at least ;p Online is just tolerable, but it's free and I certainly wouldn't like to pay for online gaming in addition to internet, electric, etc. A couple good PS3 exclusives are Disgaea 3, Killzone, the Final Fantasy series all the way back to 7, SOCOM (yes the newest one is now stable), Resistance 1&2, and the Metal Gear series.

That said, you can buy a naked 360 for about $200, or a stripped-down PS3 for about $350. I would say try to get one of the old 80-gig PS3s, which would probably be about $450.

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all depends on what you are looking for. Some people want 360 more cause of their "better" online experience and exclusives while saying PS3 has none. That is far from the truth. PS3 has plenty of exclusives, and IMO, this year belongs to the PS3. MGS4 moved more consoles then any other game this year did.

Both systems have perks and jerks. The huge thing with me, is that I usually buy my systems used since I dont have enough bling to buy them new. LOL. I was very scared of buying a used 360 due to the 25% fail rate of even their new Falcon chips. The new Jaspers are supposed to lower the RRoD %, but the design of the system itself is flawed. There will always be some sort of fail rate due to RRoD with the main processor below the DVD drive. LOL.

I did not however have a big issue at all buying a used PS3. So I did. I do not regret my purchase one bit. I have done some of the best gaming I have done in awhile on it. One of the games is MGS4. Playing original Metal Gear on NES a loooooooooooong time ago, I was semi familiar with the series since I never did play any other previous MGS game. However, since I have played part 4, it has made me want to go back and play the others. It is now probably one of the best series I have ever played.

In closing, it is all up to you. The kind of games you play will decide on what you get. Just remember, exclusives are far and few now. Basically the only thing 360 can claim its own is Hablo (sorry, it is the most over rated game IMO, and it looks like Unreal Tournament that I played back in 99. LOL) and Gears. PS3 has MGS and Little Big Planet. They both have more then that, but those are the only exclusives IMO are worth considering since that is the type of gamer I am.

Also, if you are worried about HDD space, its 5 minutes to swap HDDs and you can use any 2.5 SATA HDD on the market. While for MS you have to use their HDD and it still isnt as big of a drive you can fit in a PS3. I just upgraded my "40" gig PS3 to a 250 gig myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.