EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Since that works, will there be a way to unbrick the vWii for people who flashed the wrong IOS there? I'm not someone who did that btw. but I'm asking for several other people who did it here on the forums and who get a blackscreen once entering vWii.

D

Deleted User

Wow, fantastic news! Can't say I'm surprised this is possible now, though, the Wii U scene is getting better every day :)
Of course, today of all days would be the day I bought Lego Star Wars to hack vWii. I guess it'll just be easier to use that instead, IOSUHAX seems a little complicated right now!

Reactions: iVcU

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since that works, will there be a way to unbrick the vWii for people who flashed the wrong IOS there? I'm not someone who did that btw. but I'm asking for several other people who did it here on the forums and who get a blackscreen once entering vWii.
it should be doable yea, but that will probably require some people who actually have bricked vwiis to test out stuff and report on how it bricked.

Reactions: KiiWii and VinsCool

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
it should be doable yea, but that will probably require some people who actually have bricked vwiis to test out stuff and report on how it bricked.
Well I know at least one who could tell you that, look here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-anyone-working-on-a-tool-to-check-vwii-ios-etc.446707/#post-6785094

But in general wouldn't it be possible to make the Home Menu load a .elf file instead of the Menu itself (WAD Manager as example) and they could then completely reflash all original IOS to restore their vWii?

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But in general wouldn't it be possible to make the Home Menu load a .elf file
the home menu is actually encrypted using a different key and hash verified by the wiiu before being loaded so no, you cant just replace the home menu or install priiloader to it as far as I know, which is why it would be such a mess.

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
the home menu is actually encrypted using a different key and hash verified by the wiiu before being loaded so no, you cant just replace the home menu or install priiloader to it as far as I know, which is why it would be such a mess.
Hm... What about the downloadable eShop Wii games? Are they actually launched inside the real vWii or are they something "special" in that regard? What if someone replaces such a game with homebrew stuff, would we be able to access the IOS from the vWii?

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait.... We'rent you the guy who made the GC hack for 007 Agent under Fire a long time ago?
uh, I wouldnt call 8 months a long time ago but whatever, also yea I wrote like 7 gamecube save exploits or whatever this year and tons of other gamecube, wii and wiiu homebrew which you can probably find all over the place, funny how you associate my name with one of the least significant ones.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad just last week I bought SSBB to hack vWii. If I had just waited I could have done it for free. Oh well.
Great work with this, I was wondering a month ago when/if it would be possible to hack vWii from Wii U

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!
I have an issue... When i start mii channel on the vWii, it freezes at "FAT init".
Any ideas? XD

edit: but yeah, great work FIX94!!

Is your vWii already hacked, have you modified any IOS'es, is your SDCard in read/write state , is your SDCard fat32, is there the boot.elf in the root of it

D

Deleted User

Too bad just last week I bought SSBB to hack vWii. If I had just waited I could have done it for free. Oh well.
Great work with this, I was wondering a month ago when/if it would be possible to hack vWii from Wii U

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Use it to play Project M without a backup

PagaN

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
when i run only backup.py (some progress got 00000001.app 2.5mb)
Connecting to wupserver
Connected!
Mounting vWii NAND
0x1ce042
0x0
0x0
Mounted! Navigating to mii channel folder
Downloading mii channel executable, this might take a while
Success!
0x1d0043
0x0
0x0
Unmounted vWii NAND

Last edited by PagaN,

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is your vWii already hacked, have you modified any IOS'es, is your SDCard in read/write state , is your SDCard fat32, is there the boot.elf in the root of it
Nope, the vWii is not hacked. Yep, the boot.elf is on the root. I'll try to reformat the sd card to fat32.

edit: OK, problem solved -> DON'T PLUG ANY USB!!

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder how many people end up falling in love from customer service