Hacking WUPClient changes don't seem to "stick" after rebooting console. Help?

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, a number of files I have replaced with wupclient seem to revert back to normal upon rebooting the console. It first happened after injecting a custom ds config file. It worked fine until I rebooted, in which the settings reverted to normal. However the rom.zip I had sent did stay changed. I then tested it with MK8, just a few texture hacks. They worked great... until on reboot even those files had returned to normal. Any ideas?

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unplug and replug the console. is replug a word
Oh duh. I'll try that in just a second, thanks! And sure... it's a word...

Nope. Even after unplugging the console my changes didn't stay. It's also worth mentioning that I am on sysnand. Maybe that's why?

Last edited by LoganK93,

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok so do it a few times and don't launch the app you've edited until after a few reboots? Have you had success yourself?

Edit: Still nothing. This would be really useful if I could get everything to like... stay...

Last edited by LoganK93,

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even sure how the files would even revert back.
I never had problems with changes not sticking.

Maybe entering and exiting the system settings after injecting the files will work.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the stuff you're modifying installed to USB? You might have better luck that way. I've made a number of modifications to my installed applications and never faced the issue of the changes going away after restarting the way.

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Mario Kart is stored to the system itsself, but the VC titles are on USB and the configuration_cafe.json reverts, yet the rom.zip I sent stayed. In fact that is the only file that seems to stay. I feel like I'm using a glorified cafiine right now haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work