Hardware Would you buy an HD GamePad (v2.0) if Nintendo released it?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see that we're back to the typical Nintendo song. When your hardware is on the top, you gloat about it (I remember the "Wii U is 1.5 times as powerful as the PS3" hype train) and when it's not we're back to "graphics don't matter". When will people understand that Nintendo is not their friend? Never accept inadequate hardware or else it becomes a trend - you conditioned Nintendo into thinking that they can pull any kind of crap they want and you'll gobble it up anyways - you taught them that you can be f*cked and they will continue to release sub-par systems as a result. Good software is not an excuse for poor hardware whereas poor hardware always limits software, that's how the cookie crumbles.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I see that we're back to the typical Nintendo song. When your hardware is on the top, you gloat about it (I remember the "Wii U is 1.5 times as powerful as the PS3" hype train) and when it's not we're back to "graphics don't matter". When will people understand that Nintendo is not their friend? Never accept Inadecquate hardware or else it becomes a trend - you conditioned Nintendo into thinking that they can pull any kind of crap they want and you'll gobble it up anyways - you taught them that you can be f*cked and they will continue to release sub-par systems as a result. Good software is not an excuse for poor hardware whereas poor hardware always limits software, that's how the cookie crumbles.

you are right. you have just blown my mind.

Ps4 and xbox one are inadequate too. if you spend more money, you can get 4K gaming pc. omg you can get 1080p 60fps from a PC for same marginally more money than a Ps4/XBOX1. and they charge lots of money for games on consoles.

why are we accepting inadequate hardware from console manufacturers?????

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you are right. you have just blown my mind.

Ps4 and xbox one are inadequate too. if you spend more money, you can get 4K gaming pc. omg you can get 1080p 60fps from a PC for same marginally more money than a Ps4/XBOX1. and they charge lots of money for games on consoles.

why are we accepting inadequate hardware from console manufacturers?????
You cannot get a 4K-capable PC for $500, that's just poppycock. Do some research - to reach 4K at acceptable framerates and quality you have to spend $500+ on a GPU alone. Even if you wanted just 1080p at 60 FPS, you'll still spend more than on a PS4 or an Xbox One.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
You cannot get a 4K-capable PC for $500, that's just poppycock. Do some research - to reach 4K at acceptable framerates and quality you have to spend $500+ on a GPU alone. Even if you wanted just 1080p at 60 FPS, you'll still spend more than on a PS4 or an Xbox One.

why did sony sell PS3 at a loss at launch but PS4 they are selling at a profit???

Sony should be giving us better performance 1080p/60fps!

PC can give us that for a bit more money!

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Incase you don't realise, I'm being sarcastic. Theres a reason companies set their technological boundaries at where they are and its to be successful and profitable by providing what will satisfy their consumers AND still sell + turn a profit.

Nintendo messed up in regards to this generation but it wasn't because the Wii U gamepad wasn't HD lol.

Reactions: Kelton2

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if it had a battery life longer than 3 hours... heck even if it wasnt hd, as long as theres a longer battery life, i'd buy it.
This so much. In another thread I'm talking about how crap the Wii U gamepad battery life is. I wish it took AAs or something.

Nintendo sells an 8 hour battery at their web store.

Reactions: wangtang32000

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why did sony sell PS3 at a loss at launch but PS4 they are selling at a profit???

Sony should be giving us better performance 1080p/60fps!

PC can give us that for a bit more money!

Sony needs to up their profits, over the last few years it looks like they aren't doing well financially.

ReBirFh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And on PC you can recoup the costs very fast because of the cheaper price of games. I really don't have any problem with the quality of Wii U's game pad, besides, it fits like a glove for GBA and Wii games.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... well some would say the PS4/XBOX One have crap hardware compared to a high end PC. Its all subjective really and I've been very impressed by how all my Wii U games have looked so far.

Only gripe I've had is framerate drops on wind waker HD during boss battles.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, precisely. Its all about the experience. I have a PC, PS3, Vita, PSP, 3DS and Wii U. I also have my friends PS4 in the apartment. I think the gamepad as it is doesn't ruin the experience and upping the resolution is an unnecessary expense. Battery life is a different matter as they clearly have made space for the battery so it was all planned and is just a bitch move.

The Wii U gets the most game time.

Its sad to think though that if Nintendo had gone all out during the PS3/360 era, we would have seen games like Mario Kart 8 a few years ago. It would have been insane.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I like Nintendo for their games, not their hardware.
Why do you keep defending their hardware then if you don't care? This thread was about whether a separately released HD GamePad would make sense, but clearly as you're content with playing your Zelda and Mario games in 480p, you shouldn't care.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah... well some would say the PS4/XBOX One have crap hardware compared to a high end PC. Its all subjective really and I've been very impressed by how all my Wii U games have looked so far.

Only gripe I've had is framerate drops on wind waker HD during boss battles.
Consoles are always weaker than high-end PC's, but that doesn't mean they're inadequate. A console only needs to be sufficiently powerful for its generation, adequate, which the Wii U is not, hence the lack of multiplats. It's only narrowly more powerful than last gens and I find that unacceptable coming from a supposed industry leader. When quality AAA titles fly right over the system due to its technological inadequacy, we have a problem. I'm not asking for 4K at 60 FPS, I'm not unreasonable - I'm asking Nintendo to simply reach the par because they're clearly slacking off and saying otherwise is blind brand loyalty.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Consoles are always weaker than high-end PC's, but that doesn't mean they're inadequate. A console only needs to be sufficiently powerful for its generation, adequate, which the Wii U is not, hence the lack of multiplats. It's only narrowly more powerful than last gens and I find that unacceptable coming from a supposed industry leader. When quality AAA titles fly right over the system due to its technological inadequacy, we have a problem. I'm not asking for 4K at 60 FPS, I'm not unreasonable - I'm asking Nintendo to simply reach the par because they're clearly slacking off and saying otherwise is blind brand loyalty.

The Wii U's inadequacies from a multiplatform perspective go far beyond the consoles graphical capabilities. Nintendo has made it difficult for third party developers to port to the console with architecture and didn't shift enough consoles to make it financially feasible to port titles. :(

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Wii U's inadequacies from a multiplatform perspective go far beyond the consoles graphical capabilities. Nintendo has made it difficult for third party developers to port to the console with architecture and didn't shift enough consoles to make it financially feasible to port titles. :(
Because they still live in the 90's and they need a wake-up call.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you keep defending their hardware then if you don't care? This thread was about whether a separately released HD GamePad would make sense, but clearly as you're content with playing your Zelda and Mario games in 480p, you shouldn't care.

yes classic shinkodachi response with the resolutions!

nice. :)

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Because they still live in the 90's and they need a wake-up call.

Their behaviour and attitudes towards third party developers need a wakeup call.. COMPLETELY.

Nintendo historically are just difficult for third party developers. N64 with their cartridges, Gamecube with their mini DVDs... Nintendo just don't like to play ball and it was only a matter of time before one of their mistakes led to third parties deciding to just go away.

But their gamepad needing higher resolution? no lol. it wouldn't have made a difference this generation and is an unnecessary expense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work