Hacking Worth buying fast microSD card?

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since I need more flash memory for my Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone I was thinking about buying a second microSDHC card to use for one of my DS flash cards. I have an R4i-SDHC (red box), an AK2i and a SC DS2.
Would buying an "Extreme" 32 GB or an "Extreme Pro" 16 GB card from Sandisk be considered overkill? That is, would there be any noticeable speed difference when comparing these cards to the Transcend "Ultimate" microSDHC cards that I know and love? In particular, with DS flash cards, would I be able to tell the difference when playing/saving/loading games?

Those Sandisk cards are very expensive, so it would have to be worth it for a purchase...

I don't own a 3DS yet, let alone a Gateway, but it's well possible that I will in the future. That might be reason enough to go for the fastest cards, right?

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quality, speed rating, and performance are not always the same thing. While I can't comment on those flash cards specifically, a SD card with a faster rated speed might not yield better performance. A card's rating is an indication of it's minimum guaranteed bandwidth but some flash cards, particularly older models, are more dependent on a SD card's latency. Often a SD card will achieve greater bandwidth at the cost of increased latency, thus performing worse in applications where latency is important.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got a Samsung 8GB Class 10 microSD one for my Supercard DSTWO, it is fast both at saving and loading games, and you can also notice it by playing Pokemon Black/Black 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1