• Replies 121
  • Likes 4

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I really doubt this. This plantations are being burned down yearly at an amazing rate because the same plant that we derive cocoa from is the very same one that they use for making cocaine. Thats like saying the world will run out of crack in 6 years... Yeah not very likely but it would be nice..

My bets are on it being propaganda useful to raise the prices of the candy during the next few years without public uprising.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What will depressed/broken hearted women with problems eat now for comfort?

Going by experience with various housemates over the years there is ice cream, wine, ice lollies, any booze that happens to be nearby regardless of owner, anything that can realistically be called comfort food, more ice cream, marshmallows, marshmallows on ice cream and for a chaser some booze with ice cream on top (though to be fair booze floats are great).

Protip. Never wander in after that and enquire whether they are trying to put on some weight. Oblivious or not to the events that led to that situation the term "persona non grata" does not even begin to cover it.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I really doubt this. This plantations are being burned down yearly at an amazing rate because the same plant that we derive cocoa from is the very same one that they use for making cocaine. Thats like saying the world will run out of crack in 6 years... Yeah not very likely but it would be nice..

My bets are on it being propaganda useful to raise the prices of the candy during the next few years without public uprising.

Not the same plant at all.

"Chocolate is made from the seeds of the fruit of the tree known as theobroma (food of the gods) cacao, also t. cacao. There are nearly two dozen other species of theobroma trees, but only t. cacao has the characteristic flavor of chocolate and then only after proper fermentation, drying, and roasting.

The coca plant is a member of the family Erythroxylaceae and cacao is a member of the family Malvaceae (alternatively Sterculiaceae).

While cacao does contain psychoactive ingredients, their concentrations are much lower and their effects on the human nervous system are very different from coca."

From Yahoo answers.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

No, it's not.

Chocolate is made from dried and fermented beans of Theobroma cacao, meaning the Cocoa or Cacao tree. Cocaine is extracted from Coca leaves, meaning leaves of Erythroxylum coca or Erythroxylum novogranatense, each of them having two sub-species. Entirely different plants.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I swear to god if I don't get some cocoa powder up my nose by the end of the week, someone is going to have a very bad day.

Twin, it's time for you to break bad. ;O;

i3ldf7G.png

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If they can't grow it to meet the demands? Well then it'll be like everything else and just go up in price until the demand meets the production capabilities. (Only those rich enough to buy it can, and the "demand" will sink)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
global warming is real

No it isn't.

Just to clarify, "global warming" in the sense of climate change and rising temperatures is very much real - it's human's share in that effect which is actually minimal. "Global warming" in the sense of "evil men came, they built factories, polluted the world and now we're all getting cooked alive" is a huge stretch.

For example, volcanic activity consistently created greenhouse gases over the period of millions of years - we've been creating greenhouse gases for a handful of years in comparison. We mostly contributed to ozone depletion due to increased CFC gases emission which has been minimized ages ago and even then the supposed "hole" we've created in the ozone layer turns out to be somewhat a natural occurance related to the ozone cycle. The hole "opens" and "closes" every year as UV light hits O3 (ozone) molecules, freeing O and O2 molecules and later, once those build up, it causes a reversed reaction creating O3, "shrinking" back down.

The problem with this is that it gradually becomes larger, causing more and more UV rays to be trapped on "the wrong side" of the ozone layer, increasing Earth's temperature in the process. It's a widely-accepted consensus that this is a natural process and the Earth has been "through" such climate changes a number of times in the past. We contribute towards it, but we are hardly the sole cause of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about...