Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
wK0iPX9.png

Download
Mod Details
This is a mod that replaces the BGM of M&L Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser's Jr's Journey with the original soundtrack from the DS version. You may remember that I already did this for the Superstar Saga remake.

Normally I download the BCSTM files from uploads at SmashCustomMusic, but the site has been down for an extended period of time.

It so happens that there are already .AAC format rips of the original soundtrack in the remake's data (used as collectables when you find the secret tapes). I settled for converting those to BCSTM using LoopingAudioConverter and then renaming them to the proper filenames.

Current Progress
I do not believe the .AAC files from the game come with loops, and I have not manually looped any of the tracks yet. As a result, these will not yet loop in-game! However, I've already taken the liberty of converting and renaming the AAC tracks, so if you'd like to help out, you can use LoopingAudioConverter to set the proper loop points for the new BCSTM files and share them here!

In the meantime, if you don't mind that the music doesn't loop, you can go ahead and play this mod right now in its current state.

Disclaimer
The making of this mod is not an assertion that one version is better than the other. I offer it simply as an option for those who may want a different experience. Please respect those that prefer either the new and old version of the soundtrack.

Installation Directions
If you're using Luma3ds 8.0 (Rosalina)
Hold Select while booting your 3DS and enable game patching in the Luma configuration menu.
On your SD card, merge the luma folder (and its contents) from the ZIP with your luma folder.
If your copy of the game is a different region, change the directory name inside \luma\titles to the titleid of your copy. (e.g. 00040000001D1400)
Insert your SD card, restart the system, and changes should take place when you launch the game!

If you're using Hans

Extract the Romfs file of the game. There are several ways to do this.
e.g. if you have GodMode9, mount a decrypted CIA of the game, go to the newly mounted partition and copy the romfs folder structure to the \gm9out directory on your SD card.
OR use a homebrew like braindump to dump it as a bin file which you can then extract.

If you're using Citra

Download the 3DS .NET Toolkit EXE from the release page and use it to extract your Decrypted CCI/.3DS ROM of the game. Replace the files in the extracted Romfs directory with the ones from the zip and rebuild the .3DS file. Then you can run it in Citra.

Last edited by Shrinefox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    has anyone tried to move Pokemon save files from emulator to console?
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    no, open up a thread in the forums for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He already asked earlier
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    I am trying to find someone with knowledge on that willing to help me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I and Hayato warned him not to, but he won't listen
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa,
    I don't listen? What didn't I listen at? I just want to know all the possible risks on that part
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Hayato even said it's dangerous to backup the save files to CFW
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    how is this dangerous? A ton of people did this it's the most common thing to do with CFW
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then do it
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    dude, whatever
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not trying to hate, I tried to help you in the switch noob thread by asking for you, but you don't want to accept the answers you got, so do whatever then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that bigonya squeezing bulmas tiddies
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Man, first of all thanks for your willing to help, much appreciated. But, it's not that I "don't want to listen", rather than I need soemone to EXPLAIN to me how and why all these are risky.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Putting your dick in certain areas is always a risk
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    For example, HOW is is risky to get banned if you extract the save files to the CFW?
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    isn't this proccess be done while you're offline?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We are not Nintendo, so we don't know exactly how/why/when they ban, but better to stay on the safe side and not do shady stuff, if you don't want to be banned. Hayato is one of the most knowledgeable ones here on the subject and I believe what he says.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    300 bucks hmmm lol
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Yes ofc we don't know how Nintendo bans work, but if there are situations where a lot of people have tried safely then we can at least assume that this path is pretty much safe. To say don't try anything homebrew relative just to be safe forever is the easiest thing to say to someone. What I am trying to figure out here is with which cases and what actions got most of the people their bans for.
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Most things I can find resulting to a ban is save-editing reasons, like Pokehex, etc, and going online afterwards.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm almost certain fucking Google fibers modems blocking out PPPoE signals
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @ATEMVEGETA...