Homebrew [WIP] PHBank - Pokémon Homebrew Bank

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can't delete it unless you clear the dex via cheats or remove it (?) Via pkhex
Well, if we are able (iirc) to update form data when transferring pokemon from phbank, we should be able to find a way to clear form data too if needed. And by 'we' I mean @Gocario and Suloku who understand how things work, sadly I don't.

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, if we are able (iirc) to update form data when transferring pokemon from phbank, we should be able to find a way to clear form data too if needed. And by 'we' I mean @Gocario and Suloku who understand how things work, sadly I don't.
We understand how the Pokédex male/female/shiny works, but I don't know how special forms work. I think that Suloku made some research about this.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
IDEA!!!!
Dump transporter with brain dump and then somehow modify it to access the DS game to dump to a separate homebrew app?

That's a long shot but it is still an idea
I think maybe we can use transporter access to make ds save manager that run over transporter (like with xml file and poke transporter title)

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
We understand how the Pokédex male/female/shiny works, but I don't know how special forms work. I think that Suloku made some research about this.

I know exactly how it works, I documented it in projectpokemon (for some reason the page is down now).

It's actually easy to implement once you know how it works, it's just that it hasn't been implemented in pkhex or phbank yet. Also, I think I mentioned it already, but on ORAS, there's the "dexnav level" variable for each pokemon, which should be set to at least 1 if the pokemon has been encountered, which of course includes having owned the pokemon, and thus phbank should be setting it to 1 if it is 0.

EDIT2: I just checked github, I think Gocario already added dexnav level updating when setting new pokemon on ORAS.

And why would you want to clear form data?

EDIT: OK, you want to delete eternal floette's data. I hoped this would have been added to pkhex by now. I don't really have the time to code an app that could modify the "form dex" as I call it, but you can still delete it manually. projecto pokemon is down right now, so as I don't remember the offset at which formdex starts I can't give you propper instructions. Tell me via pm when it is up again and I'll tell you how to, or if you are afraid to hex edit, send me your save trough pm when pp is up again.

I think maybe we can use transporter access to make ds save manager that run over transporter (like with xml file and poke transporter title)

No, that won't work. I think poketransporter and dream radar use some raw read/write functions that aren't implemented in ctrulib. They are 3ds apps, so they have 3ds savegame, they access nds by directly accessing the slot, they way we are reading 3ds saves is trough nintendo's functions made for that purpose, since 3ds game and apps have a filesystem for savedata, while NDS are just plain read/write memory, no filesystem at all.
Or that's what I think at least, I might be totally wrong, there's just not that much interest in reading nds cartridges from 3ds mode since you can't do anything exiting (except save managing and rom dumping, which for me is exiting enough, but well).

Last edited by suloku,

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hope this helps for building a consistent UI.
65845.png

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 quick questions:

- Is there a .cia for this? It looks fantastic.
- Has anyone encountered any major problems like corrupted save or something? I was kind of freaked out when I read corrupting save in op's post. Long story short, have you ever had any problems at all with this?

Thank you.

Nope.exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 quick questions:

- Is there a .cia for this? It looks fantastic.
- Has anyone encountered any major problems like corrupted save or something? I was kind of freaked out when I read corrupting save in op's post. Long story short, have you ever had any problems at all with this?

Thank you.
Nope,but you can dupe with this

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ctrulib got a big update since the last release of PHBank, that means some part of the code have to be reformat.
atm I am working on other projects I find funnier.
So I don't know..!

Just to make sure, with the current version you have released, if all I want to do is move pokemon between my X/Y/OR/AS games, can I just use this as I would the regular Poke Bank?

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to make sure, with the current version you have released, if all I want to do is move pokemon between my X/Y/OR/AS games, can I just use this as I would the regular Poke Bank?
The last release doesn't handle eggs data convert and doesn't handle the dexnav level of an undiscovered Pokémon.

Derverd

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a few questions as I'm stupid and don't understand.
1. Can this be installed as a .cia?
2. Can I inject pokemon with this?
3. Can I edit pokemon with this?

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ctrulib got a big update since the last release of PHBank, that means some part of the code have to be reformat.
atm I am working on other projects I find funnier.
So I don't know..!
Is there anyway you can possibly get this in cia format? I tried to go through the entire ninjahax installation procedure but it didnt work because my emunand firmware is incompatible its like 10 something). I am using gateway, and having the ability to install it directly would be so awesome and convenient. Is there any other way I can run it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock