Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

173210 is going to need ARM 9 access and NTR-CFW 2 is ARM11 only.

Nothing quite like intentionally crippling something which has an end goal (at least so I thought) of opening up the system completely by supporting only one of the 3 types of homebrew that exist out in the wild already, eh?

So supporting only one of the three available types of homebrew is okay, so long as that one type is .cia right?

They assume it, without reading the first post, because it's "open source" for unknown reasons.

The wiki is pretty clear on this:
NO PIRACY AND NO PROPRIETARY!
That is to say; No .3ds (piracy) and no .3dsx (proprietary) support.

The only supported format will the 3DS' native format the .cia archive.

Unsigned of course to make homebrew development and debugging easy.

I think they shouldn't patch the signature checks and homebrew should come in 3dsx format only in the future and all will be fine :)
What you're describing is exactly what the KARL crew are intending to do (and they will succeed if nobody is willing to help 173210 out with OSKA).

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
173210 is going to need ARM 9 access and NTR-CFW 2 is ARM11 only.

So supporting only one of the three available types of homebrew is okay, so long as that one type is .cia right?

The wiki is pretty clear on this:

That is to say; No .3ds (piracy) and no .3dsx (proprietary) support.

The only supported format will the 3DS' native format the .cia archive.

Unsigned of course to make homebrew development and debugging easy.

What you're describing is exactly what the KARL crew are intending to do (and they will succeed if nobody is willing to help 173210 out with OSKA).

Finally a usefull comment =D
even if at the end I will surely modify oska for my own to allow piracy(if it's on my level) ^^
EDIT: Not realy support piracy but i'm kinda poor and I also like video games so...

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finally a usefull comment =D
even if at the end I will surely modify oska for my own to allow piracy(if it's on my level) ^^
EDIT: Not realy support piracy but i'm kinda poor and I also like video games so...
Technically it should support .cia ROM installation out-of-the-box, so you shouldn't need to modify it yourself.
What it won't support is running .3DS files, but you'd need a gateway to take advantage of that, and... Well if you had a Gateway you wouldn't be here getting hyped about OSKA :P

Reactions: ewin00 and Alkéryn

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Technically it should support .cia ROM installation out-of-the-box, so you shouldn't need to modify it yourself.
What it won't support is running .3DS files, but you'd need a gateway to take advantage of that, and... Well if you had a Gateway you wouldn't be here getting hyped about OSKA :P

Nice unless he disable signed cia instalation =/ but can't wait for the project to be completed =)

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope, I'd really much rather have support for all 3, as there's some homebrew out there that either doesn't exist in all 3 formats, or is better supported in one or two of the formats, or in the case of sunshell, has slightly different functionality depending on which format.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, I'd really much rather have support for all 3, as there's some homebrew out there that either doesn't exist in all 3 formats, or is better supported in one or two of the formats, or in the case of sunshell, has slightly different functionality depending on which format.
and CitrAGB works much better/only in 3dsx format.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
CIA > 3DSX

How did it work out for ya when you tried to run that CIA in Ninjhax (or future similar exploit)? Not so good eh? The 3DSX format is a lot more flexible for future exploits, plus its quite easy to convert to other format (take a look at 3dbrew for more info on the 3DSX format) ;)

Reactions: 2Hack and VinsCool

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How did it work out for ya when you tried to run that CIA in Ninjhax (or future similar exploit)? Not so good eh? The 3DSX format is a lot more flexible for future exploits, plus its quite easy to convert to other format (take a look at 3dbrew for more info on the 3DSX format) ;)

If i have to choose between installing my homebrew, or booting into a homebrew loader every time, my choice is easy made.
I wouldn't even consider both options.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
If i have to choose between installing my homebrew, or booting into a homebrew loader every time, my choice is easy made.
I wouldn't even consider both options.

From just comparing the formats, 3dsx is way better suited; but yes I agree on you myself prefer to just launch from the homemenu.

Well, is there any 3ds game in 3dsx? CIA > 3DSX

Um no.. the 3dsx format is meant to be used for homebrew and such, not to drive the whole gaming community into the ground (aka pirating).
Go somewhere you belong, The OSKA devs will not enable piracy, sure it will be open source; but I highly doubt anyone will bother to make a "backup".. eh screw it nobody "backup" games.. "A piracy enabler". Even if they do expect a buggy leaking ship that no man can sail on the seven seas, yaaa'ar!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News