ROM Hack [WIP] New Super Mario Bros 2 REMIX

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Is it really that great an idea to call it Newer? Are you saying that you want to associate with the Newer team and the hacks they made, that you can create work of equal quality? Once the bar is set high, you'll have to actually surpass it, otherwise it'll bring disappointment.

EDIT: not to say I don't want another NSMB hack to play, because I'm all for them, but still...

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really that great an idea to call it Newer? Are you saying that you want to associate with the Newer team and the hacks they made, that you can create work of equal quality? Once the bar is set high, you'll have to actually surpass it, otherwise it'll bring disappointment.

EDIT: not to say I don't want another NSMB hack to play, because I'm all for them, but still...

I'm in NO way trying to associate with the Newer Team, and I'm pretty sure I will never come close to their level of skill, let alone surpass them. I just needed a name and I loved NewerSMBW, so I name it that. I understand where your coming from with this though, and I might be changing it in the future to something more suited.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I'm in NO way trying to associate with the Newer Team, and I'm pretty sure I will never come close to their level of skill, let alone surpass them. I just needed a name and I loved NewerSMBW, so I name it that. I understand where your coming from with this though, and I might be changing it in the future to something more suited.
some ideas
-CSMB2? (Custom New Super Mario Bros 2)
-(Name of the editor used) NSMB2
-GSMB2 (Gallade Super Mario Bros 2)
-NSMB2 2.0
-GSMB2 (Good NSMB2)
-RNSMB2 (Revolutionary NSMB2)
-NSMBZ (NSMB2 Zero)
-NSMBP (NSMB2 Project)

(...)

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some ideas
-CSMB2? (Custom New Super Mario Bros 2)
-(Name of the editor used) NSMB2
-GSMB2 (Gallade Super Mario Bros 2)
-NSMB2 2.0
-GSMB2 (Good NSMB2)
-RNSMB2 (Revolutionary NSMB2)
-NSMBZ (NSMB2 Zero)
-NSMBP (NSMB2 Project)

(...)

What about New Super Gallade Bros. 2 XD

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
It would probably be respectful/polite of you to not call it 'Newer' unless you are working directly with Skawo and other people who made Newer for the Wii version. Plenty of other things you can call it but "Newer Team" is the group responsible for most of the ability to hack these things in the first place. Please respect that and leave the name "Newer" for if they decide to make something.

Edit: I only read page 1, but it looks like the issue's already been brought up going by the last few posts. :P Nevermind~! lol

Edit2: As a note to hackers visiting this topic, NSMBW is trying to get revived but needs some people capable of coding. Mostly in the tools department but also including game-side hacks. Search USMBW on Rvl. :)

Last edited by TobiasAmaranth,
Reactions: Jwiz33

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
"Another" is probably another bad choice, there are already two pretty good Another games from Skawo!
"Good" would imply that the original isn't, which is simply not true! "Revolutionary" just doesn't work, because NSMB2 hacking isn't there yet.
"Gallade" could work, but at the same time, you could call it New Super Mario Bros. G2. If you ever decide to hack the DS original, it could be called NSMBG simply and for the Wii version, Gii perhaps? It's a pretty future-proof name!

Will this work with the Japanese version of the game? That's what I have.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do these ROM hacks require a Gateway card? Or is it similar to using project m without a modded Wii?

It depends. If you are using the version for HANS, you just need a way to access Hax 2.5 and have NSMB2 (Eshop or cart). If you are using the .3ds version, you need a Gateway or Sky3ds. If you are using the .cia version, you need to have a way to install an unsigned .cia, which requires firmware <= 9.2 at the moment.

Travis13000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! BTW I think "Newest Super Mario Bros Wii" is already taken.
Your welcome. :) Also, can you show me a link or url, so I know to rename my game or not?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I am also going to make a nsmb2 hack. Probobably going to be called, New Super Mario Bros. 2.5.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your welcome. :) Also, can you show me a link or url, so I know to rename my game or not?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I am also going to make a nsmb2 hack. Probobably going to be called, New Super Mario Bros. 2.5.

Well you can help me if you want.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its going to be difficult to make a decent hack with no entrance or exit editing or zone editing, also not to be a party pooper but imho declaring your making a fully fledged rom hack should really wait until you have a good chunk of it done you see too many "IM MAKING A NSMB2 HACKK!!!!" threads that never amount to more than a video or a handful of levels before they loose interest......why not all the people wanting to make a hack team up, focus on 1 world each and make a nsmb GBAT (gbatemp) edition, it would be more likely to get finished :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far