Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

congzing

Trophies
XP
Country
Consider the following: NTR dev said they would be interested in merging their project with ours.

We have a lot of stuff they don't have, we haven't worked on stuff similar to what they have yet. That work is starting now.

Or, you could continue to be troublesome and make this a competition. I guess.

As I said before: Just text and text, no more.
I also have a lot of stuff you don't have. :)) I will make for everyone the CFW with: Region free, cia installer, ,anything with any FW.
I just tell that, I don't need show my product because I DON'T DO ANYTHING, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SHOW.
Sorry. Maybe I was impolite, but if you are user you will understand.

Reactions: Margen67

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep, and it also nerfs the home menu's ability to install updates in standby mode. That kills update nags.
Please would you mind to explain how to use mapprocessmemory?
The 3dbrew description about it is pretty vague. Since after some research it looks like it is the only way to write to other processes memory it would be awesome for you to spend a few lines for me. Or at least show me a snippet. Thanks

Le Citron Vert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I also have a lot of stuff you don't have. :)) I will make for everyone the CFW with: Region free, cia installer, ,anything with any FW.
I just tell that, I don't need show my product because I DON'T DO ANYTHING, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SHOW.

It seems that being polite to the devs who are taking a lot of their time to make you a good thing (Too lazy to verify if KARL is a CFW) is too mainstream for you.

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys please stop fighting. I understand that everyone is frustrated about the 3DS scene with it's elitist acting devs showing off what they got and will never release to the public for all those years but the way I see it, and I'm sure we can all agree, the Karl dev team is not like that. So just be patient. They will release something and it will be good.

Reactions: Zidapi

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Having a constructive discussion with another like-minded dev for advice != literally begging for source code in a group's thread.

Granted I haven't been following closely, but I do remember numbers asking if you'd just open source everything to save people trippling the effort.
Then he accepted your answer.

Did I really miss much?

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider the following: NTR dev said they would be interested in merging their project with ours.

We have a lot of stuff they don't have, we haven't worked on stuff similar to what they have yet. That work is starting now.

Even if it was only the layeredFS and emunand, I'd be happy with that. I'm still checking this thread daily, I'm pretty eager, great work.

Furrymatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why dont you code a cfw then? Oh wait you cant and youre complaining about people taking time out of their lives for you GJ

Edit: I ignored him lol

Reactions: Zidapi

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if i missed it in all this banter...but why (in your opinion) is karl a better choice than the other cfws? what features will make you stand out above the rest?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
sounds like she might just want proof they've done anything, why does everyone here have hemorrhoids and quote her only to say shes going to be ignored by them?
why not point her to the released "gateway 3 stuff" they did and leave Britney alone?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Oh sweet Mother Mary, people! This has become a pissing competition. That's all I see. Where's the constructive discussion? All I see is destructive, judgmental posts. I've ignored too many people in the past 3 months. I haven't ever used that function up until a few months ago. This is how far these forums have fallen!

Take what you have been given and accept it. The devs are using what free time they have to contribute to this community. Quite frankly, I feel it isn't deserved. Just a bunch of entitled brats crying for more.

I appreciate the work, and I wouldn't have any negative feelings if they decided to say no.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
idk if i missed it in all this banter...but why (in your opinion) is karl a better choice than the other cfws? what features will make you stand out above the rest?
tbh it all just depends, there is a few cfws now all doing similar things with advantages and disadvantages
for right now
Rxtools is probably the most useful original 3DS CFW, has emunand with 9.6 support, so you can go on eshop etc
For N3DS owners NTR CFW is the best available, no emunand support, but it does have region free, screenshot functions, save dumping and support for plugin development

in the future though especially if KARL is planning to merge with NTR CFW, KARL will be able to offer the best of all functions for each console so 9.6 emunand for original 3DS......i assume if they merge with NTR they will get the screenshot and Plugin capabilities, basically it seems Karl will be a merging of all the random CFW's that are around atm so there is one "best all round solution".....but atm things are a bit fragmented.....but ofc people wanting romz will still have to try mess around with the leaked 4.x cfw unless the dev have some sudden change of heart on that front

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Even if I don't condone moralfaggotry (sorry for the word... English is my second language and I honestly don't know how else to say it and not make it sound bad), I absolutely adore what you guys have in the oven. Smells like one tasty cfw. :P

Best of luck to all of you, and make sure to have lots of fun.

Will the final release be Open Source?

AnkitC

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi Devs, have a couple of questions for you guys. Might be tagged as off-topic.

Does editing Gateway's Launcher.dat still lead to the execution of the brick code? If not would/could you guys remove the code which stops the booting of 7.x+ EmuNand if the Gateway Card is not detected. If it is indeed possible I believe it won't be too difficult or time consuming for you guys to do.

Any answer regarding this would be appreciated.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi Devs, have a couple of questions for you guys. Might be tagged as off-topic.

Does editing Gateway's Launcher.dat still lead to the execution of the brick code? If not would/could you guys remove the code which stops the booting of 7.x+ EmuNand if the Gateway Card is not detected. If it is indeed possible I believe it won't be too difficult or time consuming for you guys to do.

Any answer regarding this would be appreciated.
They are doing their own code, so they dont have to disable anything they will allow 7.x+ emunand by default.....basicaly this project has nothing to do with gateway or their launchers
Whats required to be able to install the old MSET exploit?
a copy of cubic ninja or maybe a copy of oot if they add oot support, and a NDS flashcard should be enough....they might even be able to write the profile exploit within karl meaning you wouldnt need a NDS flashcard, but you would have to have access to CN/OOT if you ever play a NDS game in sysnand

if you do have a NDS flashcard you would be able to use OOT/CN once to downgrade MSET and not need it again ever

AnkitC

Trophies
XP
Country
India
They are doing their own code, so they dont have to disable anything they will allow 7.x+ emunand by default.....basicaly this project has nothing to do with gateway or their launchers

Actually, as I mentioned in my post, it might be called off-topic as I ain't talking about the KARL project.

I posted here because on many occasions these devs have mentioned RE'ing Gateway's launcher. So anyone who has RE'ed Gateway's launcher could possibly do it.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you do have a NDS flashcard you would be able to use OOT/CN once to downgrade MSET and not need it again ever

That's the thing. OOT/CN are expensive to come by, NDS flash carts are dirt cheap. Back in the day you'd help PSP owners install CFW using your pandora battery as a free service. Once done they could create their own. It'd be nice if you could do the same again, with a CN or TLoZ-OoT -- just meet up at a Tim Horton's and you even might get a free coffee out of it. Note that the mset installer would also need to unblock the NDS flashcarts as DSTWO's are also not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place