[WIP] GTA 5/RAGE Switch Port

Deleted member 695120

OP
Trophies
XP
Hey, we have a teaser for... something

I'm aware this may feel like complete bullshit, but I'm open to answering any technical questions.

The port is utilizing DXVK modified to link statically and run on Switch's OS/SDK. We do not plan to release any assets, you will need to own a compatible copy of the PC version and use our (it'll be open-source) toolkit to re-encrypt, shrink and patch RPFs to work with that port.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
NGL, I have my doubts
Considering the tags, if you are using the leaked source code for any of this, then you should be expecting a C&D very soon. But I honestly don’t think this is real.

Reactions: Ryab and BigOnYa

toniisound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey, we have a teaser for... something

I'm aware this may feel like complete bullshit, but I'm open to answering any technical questions.

The port is utilizing DXVK modified to link statically and run on Switch's OS/SDK. We do not plan to release any assets, you will need to own a compatible copy of the PC version and use our (it'll be open-source) toolkit to re-encrypt, shrink and patch RPFs to work with that port.

Is there a github or site where you can see progress of the port?

How long can it take to release a beta?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think you can get 30 fps on Switch

Don't compare running game via emulator vs running game natively. They are recompiling leaked source code with modification to use DXVK that allows easily porting directx games to use Vulkan which can be linked with Switch SDK.

It's illegal as it can be, so after this announcement I am pretty sure they will get C&D from Take Two as soon as they will be able to identify their personal data.

Last edited by masagrator,

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
It would be truly brilliant. But if I where you, I would have shown a bit more of advance. Just a couple of intro screens aren't enough to get the community pumping. I really wish this is real and that something can be achieved, but I really can't stop thinking it is just a wet dream.

Reactions: BigOnYa

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
plz dont let take two/rockstargames find out this too early

just release the final .nro file
This won't be NRO. They admitted to using SDK, so it won't use hbmenu.

Btw. How you got out of VRAM when it's customizable? I understand getting out of RAM, only VRAM doesn't make much sense.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Btw. How you got out of VRAM when it's customizable? I understand getting out of RAM, only VRAM doesn't make much sense.
Why doesn't it make sense? RAM is RAM, be it Video RAM oder not ... fill it up with too much data and you will run out of space :D

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why doesn't it make sense? RAM is RAM, be it Video RAM oder not ... fill it up with too much data and you will run out of space :D
Because on Switch VRAM is customizable. There is no separate VRAM module, everything is stored in RAM and you can choose how much RAM you want to assign to dozens of GPU shit that merged is counted as VRAM. So if there is not enough VRAM, just increase its pools in code. Unless there won't be enough for assets and code.

Reactions: BigOnYa and FR0ZN

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because on Switch VRAM is customizable. There is no separate VRAM module, everything is stored in RAM and you can choose how much RAM you want to assign to dozens of GPU shit that merged is counted as VRAM. So if there is not enough VRAM, just increase its pools in code. Unless there won't be enough for assets and code.
You basically answered your own question :D

Deleted member 695120

OP
Trophies
XP

RAGE uses a custom allocator with two statically sized heaps for the game (current configuration is 768/850, phys/virt) and I also had to limit Vulkan memory pool to 1 GB, otherwise I have been getting random null pointer dereferences because NVIDIA's Vulkan driver doesn't handle system allocation failures correctly.

I'm wondering if it's possible to make a nro loader for the port, I'm concerned about issues caused by ABI differences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto