Gaming Windows XP SP3

FaRReR

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, yesterday I downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 3. I was excited at how much better it would make my computer.

I was wrong.

My computer, after the installation and not one, but TWO restarts, was around 1/3 of its normal speed.

Microsoft, I have to say this to you - YOU SUCK!

I'm very disappointed with this Service Pack. I've uninstalled it... computer, surprise surprise is back to normal speed.

Is this some sort of scaled-down version of Vista?

Overall, I have to warn you -
SP3 isn't any good.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
mine worked fine. though whenever I get like a new vid card, proc, mobo, (major component) I just reinstall my XP Home with a bunch of fixes intergrated.

I've got pretty good with nlite, pretty handy

did you try rereinstalling? might've been a bad install

FaRReR

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't want to spend another hour of my (precious, so precious) time. I'd rather be playing a free online FPS with a bunch of egoists
tongue.gif

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
We get around 50 XP machines in to repair a week. Every one of them gets SP3 applied. Since SP3's release we've only had it mess up 2 machines. We fixed both and sent them out with SP3 on.

That's a lot of PCs running happily with SP3. A good mix of clean installs, machines that didn't even have SP1 installed and machines updated to an average standard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1