Windows 8 Login Problem

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a problem since yesterday in the login screen. When I start my PC, the lock screen appears, but when I go to the login screen, it freezes, the password section appears, but won't allow you to introduce any password, it just freezes. Sometimes it lets you to introduce the pass, but pressing enter does nothing, I tried to auto-repair using the instalation disk but everytime I try it shows an error message, even trying to resotre the system to its defaults gives me an error.

The last solution I want to do is to formatt my system again, because I don't have enough time to do so, anyone knows if there is a fix for this? At this time, I'm on safe mode with network functions.

BTW, after severlar restarts, an odd error ocurred: The log screen doesn't longer appear, it just shows a black screen with the power and accesibility options buttons, the profile image and the password field are no longer there...

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you get to System Restore and try to restore back to when you were able to boot normally? I don't know if you can do that in Win 8 (or in safe mode) or not.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can you get to System Restore and try to restore back to when you were able to boot normally? I don't know if you can do that in Win 8 (or in safe mode) or not.
Yup, I did it, but the problem still exist, it was a restoration from 3 months ago :/, so _the problem isn't the restoration itself.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Until now I tried some methods, even disabling both the lock and the login screens via registry doesn't fix the problem, the profile login screen still appears, without the profile image and the password field, they're gone... only lets you to restart or shut down the system, or enable the accesibility options, it's odd and there isn't any info of it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...if a System Restore doesn't do it, and disabling the login screen doesn't work, it seems like you might have to do a reinstall...

I would recommend putting a Linux distro on a USB drive and backing up all the stuff you want before doing so...

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until now I tried some methods, even disabling both the lock and the login screens via registry doesn't fix the problem, the profile login screen still appears, without the profile image and the password field, they're gone... only lets you to restart or shut down the system, or enable the accesibility options, it's odd and there isn't any info of it.

Windows 8 is heavily DirectX accelerated.

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If they aren't absolutely bulletproof, you'll have issues.

Maybe that's what's going on here?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for bump the thread, but I have found the problem: It was related to NOD32 antivirus.

It seems that a bug on Windows 8 causes this, because it does some code execution that the antivirus detects as a virus, and stops it, resulting into the froze login screen.

I uninstalled the antivirus on safe mode and I have been able to log on, then I updated to Windows 8.1, re-installed the antivirus... Everything is working fine now.

Thanks for all the tips above, they were usefull in my way to find the problem, and I hope that this thread helps other peolpe with my same problem.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work