Windows 10's DVR sucks now. How to fix it?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,741
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
Truth is, that I was delaying the "so needed" Windows 10 update... apparently since april.
So... I just updated Windows 10, a week ago... I'm not sure when they released this update, but is the latest.

Ok, so, before this fucking update, I could record my software carelessly... without any kind of slowdown... at least not so apparent.
Nowadays, ever since I updated Windows (by accident) I noticed that they changed the Game DVR entirely.
Not just the UI has been changed, but the performance and some configuration has been changed as well.

I could record one video after another, for 2 hours each, and my lap wouldn't even heat.
Now, when trying to record the software that I use, it just SLOOOOOOOWS DOWN whatever software I'm using at the given momment.

And before you tell me: Well, just stop using and use another recording software...
I already have tried 2... "paid" softwares to record whatever I need to record.

I have tried:
Corel Screen Capture (thanks to Corel Video Studio X9 Proffessional)
WonderShare Filmora 8.0.0 (my prefered video editing tool)

I was using WonderShare Filmora to record software that Game DVR denied to record... for some unknown reason... and now, even WonderShare is slow as hell.
And using Corel Screen Capture, is just awful. The quality sucks... It only records at 30fps, and creates a .wmv file... I've tried to record with both paid software at 25fps... but go figure the quality.

The reason why I'm worrying too much about this, is because I do comics and digital art. And was about to upload my own work on Youtube and Facebook, of course no one wants to watch a video recorded with a potato.

So... how can I fix the Windows 10's built in Game DVR?
Pro tip:
1.- I can't twerk the Game DVR as Windows won't let me choose wheter to hide the Game bar or not... they took away that option with the latest update :angry:
2.- I've monitored my CPU and Memory resources to check wheter or not the software I use uses wayyy too much resources from my laptop, thus slowing down everything. Both my CPU and RAM Memory won't even reach 70% of usage.
It fluctuates between 30% and a bit less than 70% and my CPU is fine too.
3.- Any other good alternative? (please do not say "Change to Linux" :gun:)

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's a laptop, right? One thing that may had happened (as it did happen on my own system) is that Windows updated the integrated video card's drivers, messing up the performance of it.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's a laptop, right? One thing that may had happened (as it did happen on my own system) is that Windows updated the integrated video card's drivers, messing up the performance of it.
Yep. I'm on my laptop.
OBS worked amazingly though. Was a little confusing setting up everything, but now I don't suffer any kind of slowdowns.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o