Hacking Will you still buy a 3DS if it can't be hacked?

Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been gaming since 1985, and it get kind of sick when I hear people talk about "having to pay" for games. For the better half of my life (I'm 30 years old), I've had to wait for Birthdays and Christmas to get new games. Back then, I had a lot of free time, but no money or new games to close the gap. Now I can afford games, plus the hacking scene has become forefront, leaving me with waaayyy too many games, and not enough free time to play them.

Like a page out of the Twilight Zone, I feel I'll never catch up on my game collection. However, my interest in the game industry still remains strong, like it always has. I make enough money to adopt systems at launch, and I usually do in most cases. I'll buy a system at launch, which I plan to do with the 3DS, and also buy launch games, accessories, etc. I simply won't wait.

If the 3DS gets hacked, then yes, I will buy flashcarts or perform the risky steps it takes to get my games for free. By that point, however, I will have already thrown a ton of money at Nintendo (which they deserve for entertaining us), and most games I download will be games I wouldn't have bought anyways (much like the DS's current state).

In the end, and as a pirate, I kind of hope the 3DS doesn't get hacked. Being able to pirate games so easily has "Cheapened" the experience of gaming for me in many ways. While free is great, I do kind of miss the research, risk, and excitement of purchasing actual games.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yes, those 3 games could sell a person. I'm kinda sold on a dozen+ games. I have never seen a platform launch with such 3rd party support.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
SubliminalSegue said:
I'm gonna have to buy it, regardless. Layton vs. Ace Attorney FTW!
Yea, same here. I'll buy the 3DS just for that game
smile.gif

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well for me, hacking is just an added bonus.
Anyway for some reason when you play a game on an R4 it doesn't feel as good as a real cartridge.
Just a weird feeling, anyone else get it?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I always buy my systems at launch when I`m interested in the games so Piracy or hackability is not my main-driver for buying systems... It`s always the games!

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
Well for me, hacking is just an added bonus.
Anyway for some reason when you play a game on an R4 it doesn't feel as good as a real cartridge.
Just a weird feeling, anyone else get it?
It's called pirates syndrome. When you download a game you have less of a drive to play it, whereas if you buy it, you have more of a drive to get your money's worth.

craplame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'll still buy the 3DS if it can't be hacked. It seems pretty cool from what I've seen. And I kind of want to buy games from now on, even if they are kind of expensive.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
dsfanatic5 said:
I've been gaming since 1985, and it get kind of sick when I hear people talk about "having to pay" for games. For the better half of my life (I'm 30 years old), I've had to wait for Birthdays and Christmas to get new games. Back then, I had a lot of free time, but no money or new games to close the gap. Now I can afford games, plus the hacking scene has become forefront, leaving me with waaayyy too many games, and not enough free time to play them.

Like a page out of the Twilight Zone, I feel I'll never catch up on my game collection. However, my interest in the game industry still remains strong, like it always has. I make enough money to adopt systems at launch, and I usually do in most cases. I'll buy a system at launch, which I plan to do with the 3DS, and also buy launch games, accessories, etc. I simply won't wait.

If the 3DS gets hacked, then yes, I will buy flashcarts or perform the risky steps it takes to get my games for free. By that point, however, I will have already thrown a ton of money at Nintendo (which they deserve for entertaining us), and most games I download will be games I wouldn't have bought anyways (much like the DS's current state).

In the end, and as a pirate, I kind of hope the 3DS doesn't get hacked. Being able to pirate games so easily has "Cheapened" the experience of gaming for me in many ways. While free is great, I do kind of miss the research, risk, and excitement of purchasing actual games.

That...kinda.

I was having kinda the arguement with a friend of mine about buying the 3DS.

I went on him like all dissapointed about the 80+ people who voted on this poll which aren't getting the 3DS if it's not going to be hacked and he told me he wouldn't either. We had a pretty extensive discussion.

I am 16, and I live in a country where Super Mario 64 DS costs freaking $ 150. ($U 2990)

Honest, I HATE piracy but I have no choice. My father is dead and my mother isn't of the giving kind.

Hopefully, I'll get a job next year, even a shitty one (since I'm underaged here). Because I'm god damn getting the 3DS and I'm buying the god damn games. And if it's hacked, I'll still buy the god damn games because the god damn games are god damn worth it. God dammit.

Nintendo and the people behind each game deserve our money, not whoever developes a good 3DS flashcard.

You might think "zat guy is nutz lulz" but I feel like that. I don't like pirating games and I want to get out of it. It's stealing.

Nuff said from me for now. Flame at will.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want one, but it all boils down to cost and available funds. I would hope the carts could be cracked fairly quickly, though like the DS, I can always buy games until that happens. A major enticement would be better emulator support, so even if I can't get 3DS games, I would love an upgraded portable SNES experience, haha.

I'll hold on to my DSi XL, and it does most of what I need right now, so the only thing I'd look for in a 3DS at launch would be 3DS games anyway.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I don't really care if it can be hacked or not at this stage. It looks awesome, and I believe that it is going to offer a great new experience worth paying for. The biggest draw for hacking is to get extra functionality out of devices that are going through a saturation point, to play stuff not available in my region, or to test out new games before I commit to buying. If the 3DS provided a demo service, that would be a bonus for me, since it is getting harder to commit to buying with added costs and responsibilities.

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Yes! I already have a soft modded Wii, and a flashcart(ed) DS Lite. I don't need my 3DS to be modded/flashcart(ed) too.

Having a non-modded Xbox 360 next to my soft modded Wii is the perfect combination of fun for me. Hopefully having a flashcart(ed) DS Lite with a non flashcart(ed) 3DS will make a perfect handheld combination too.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only way I'm going to touch a 3DS is if they make the console bigger like the DSi XL, because I can't stand the tiny handhelds. And the price goes below 200. I don't believe ANY handheld should be over 200.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
The only way I'm going to touch a 3DS is if they make the console bigger like the DSi XL, because I can't stand the tiny handhelds. And the price goes below 200. I don't believe ANY handheld should be over 200.
This handheld obviously needs to be though.
Glasses free 3D
Gyro/Motion Sensors
3 Cameras
Micro phone
2 Screens
Touch Screen
Wireless
Near Wii power

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Glasses free 3D
Gyro/Motion Sensors
3 Cameras
Micro phone
2 Screens
Touch Screen
Wireless
Near Wii power

You post the same list every time. It's annoying. Fact is outside of the 3D that list has things a lot of handhelds can already do.

- iPod Touches, iPhones, and iPads have motion sensors and superior touchscreens.
- The only point of 3 cameras is for 3D pictures. 2 are for making 3D pics and 1 is for standard pics. But practically every cellphone has a camera, so does the DSi and newer iPod Touches/iPhones.
- Microphones have been on the original DS. Pretty much every mobile though supports a microphone or Bluetooth.
- If screens equaled a good device then those joke "concept drawings" of devices with like 12 screens wouldn't be a joke.
- Most any modern electronic device has wireless.

The fact is while the 3DS may seem like a good device, over $200 seems quite pricey for any handheld.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
FireGrey said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Glasses free 3D
Gyro/Motion Sensors
3 Cameras
Micro phone
2 Screens
Touch Screen
Wireless
Near Wii power

You post the same list every time. It's annoying. Fact is outside of the 3D that list has things a lot of handhelds can already do.

- iPod Touches, iPhones, and iPads have motion sensors and superior touchscreens.
- The only point of 3 cameras is for 3D pictures. 2 are for making 3D pics and 1 is for standard pics. But practically every cellphone has a camera, so does the DSi and newer iPod Touches/iPhones.
- Microphones have been on the original DS. Pretty much every mobile though supports a microphone or Bluetooth.
- If screens equaled a good device then those joke "concept drawings" of devices with like 12 screens wouldn't be a joke.
- Most any modern electronic device has wireless.

The fact is while the 3DS may seem like a good device, over $200 seems quite pricey for any handheld.
iPhone's cost like $500, well the new ones anyway.
Ok i'll back off from that list, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVUjbpqsE_M