Gaming Will you be buying any Amiibo figures ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,306
  • Replies 95

Will you buy any Amiibo

• Mario

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Peach

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Yoshi

• Donkey Kong

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Link

Votes: 36 36.0%
  • Fox

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Samus

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Villager

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Pikachu

• Kirby

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Marth

• Zelda

• Other

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • None

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I got to take a first look at the Amiibos which I will be posting a review of later but here is a fucking preview image
2fd75de705edebc0a117452f5db1a13b.jpg

God is dead, and Nintendo killed him :cry:

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have posted this in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Discussion Thread but I decided to post in this one due to the Amiibo figure in the pics. While the box is not in the best condition, at least I own it. Also I prefer the E3 version of the Amiibo, but we are stuck with the ones Nintendo provides us.
As seen on another thread Things you recently bought or got:
2vlvdzk.jpg

2zhjf9d.jpg

sxdh85.jpg

LOL forgot to place the gamebox upside down
24paz2v.jpg

2n00mxv.jpg
As you can see, it appears that SSBU can support up to 4 GameCube Controller, having a second GameCube adapter will probably be moot point.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I could have posted this in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Discussion Thread but I decided to post in this one due to the Amiibo figure in the pics. While the box is not in the best condition, at least I own it. Also I prefer the E3 version of the Amiibo, but we are stuck with the ones Nintendo provides us.
As seen on another thread Things you recently bought or got:
2vlvdzk.jpg

2zhjf9d.jpg

sxdh85.jpg

LOL forgot to place the gamebox upside down
24paz2v.jpg

2n00mxv.jpg
As you can see, it appears that SSBU can support up to 4 GameCube Controller, having a second GameCube adapter will probably be moot point.

Nintendo has confirmed it can use 2x NGC adapters for 8 NGC controllers in total if that's what people would like to use.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Where's my main man Ike?
I want to buy them, but don't know if I'm going too. Not a lot of my friends got a Wii U, or even a 3DS, so there's no real point for me to buy them. If they look pretty nice and are decently priced I might buy one or two.
I'll definitly buy Ike anyway, since he's my main.

EDIT: What are the current US prices for them? Stores near me are going to sell them for €16, which is roughly $20.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has confirmed it can use 2x NGC adapters for 8 NGC controllers in total if that's what people would like to use.
○Wii U GamePad (Max 1)
○Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus* (Max 7)
○Wii U Pro Controller (Max 7)
○Nintendo GameCube controller** (Max 8)
○Nintendo 3DS series system*** (Max 8)
~http://www.smashbros.com
Yep, you are right, I stand corrected. Come to think of it, it does makes sense, since the box shows only one adapter, and the adapter can only support up to 4 gamecube controllers at a time. So another is required to connect 8 controllers.

Where's my main man Ike?
I want to buy them, but don't know if I'm going too. Not a lot of my friends got a Wii U, or even a 3DS, so there's no real point for me to buy them. If they look pretty nice and are decently priced I might buy one or two.
I'll definitly buy Ike anyway, since he's my main.

EDIT: What are the current US prices for them? Stores near me are going to sell them for €16, which is roughly $20.
Should be $13 in the US.

Reactions: ResleyZ

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That's much cheaper than they are here, might as well see if it's cheaper to buy them via ebay or something, saves me a couple of bucks at least.
The only way they'll be as cheap as in US is to get a middleman but then here's the problem: They may be region locked. Although, if you're not going to use them for the Amiibo feature it's perfectly fine but it's not really something a collector would buy because they just aren't as good as they were originally shown on the E3.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only way they'll be as cheap as in US is to get a middleman but then here's the problem: They may be region locked. Although, if you're not going to use them for the Amiibo feature it's perfectly fine but it's not really something a collector would buy because they just aren't as good as they were originally shown on the E3.

uhm they were confirmed to be not region locked quite a while ago, right?
yeah, IGN confirmed it 2 weeks ago, as did many other sites, that had review samples
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/nintendo-amiibos-are-not-region-locked

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
uhm they were confirmed to be not region locked quite a while ago, right?
yeah, IGN confirmed it 2 weeks ago, as did many other sites, that had review samples
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/nintendo-amiibos-are-not-region-locked

So they are region free, in case Japan gets any exclusive they're usable in the west too.

$12 is roughly about £8 and they're being sold in UK for £10 but I think I can get the price lowered to £8 or less so kinda pointless to import such thing.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've been thinking whether I should get a Samus, Star Fox or Pit.

I think I'll go with Star Fox on the pictures the figure looks pretty damn good and as a fighter he's great too!

71lPIWas8%2BL._SL1391_.jpg

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Did anyone yet have a look at the Link amiibo in retail? My God what did they do to him. I'm sorry I couldn't get a pic, I'll try taking one if no one else had the chance yet. Seriously bad finishing/quality.

So they are region free, in case Japan gets any exclusive they're usable in the west too.
What makes you think that? The way I understand it, if you buy a Mario amiibo from Japan, it'll work just like a Mario amiibo from Europe, etc. But let's say Japan gets exclusive amiibo and you have a game that supports it in Japan, why should the same Japanese amiibo work in the European version of the game? They'd have to localize the amiibo content as well. And it wouldn't make sense to localize something that's exclusive to another region only.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
IGN has confirmed the Amiibos are region free so nothing to worry about really.

And about the Linkiibo er.. the pics are out there, it's certainly one of the ugliest figures of the collection that Nintendo has produced (more precisely the Chinese who put them together and gave them the paint job).

eptiftlgfyrwbpdtg6st.png

Link, no! Link, don't look at your own piss that's disgusting!

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope nope nope... I ain't got no time to be looking for my amiibos when I'm trying to kick ass in game... Ain't nobody got time for that...

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I take my vote back - no amiibos for me.

Saw them in the store and thought: 15 Euro for this? I don't think so. Horrible, really. :angry:

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Link Amiibo looks better than I thought it would. His piss is more transparant than on the photo's and he has a lot of details. Still, it is a shame he is bent to the ground :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel