Hacking will nintendo repair a modded wii u out of warranty in the u.s.?

squoosh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have heard of people's nand chips failing and want to know if i will have to ask a community member or if i can ship it to nintendo (i only want to do softmods)
Post automatically merged:

also, secondary question: same question but if unmodded?

Last edited by squoosh_,

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only missing thing on your question is if they would do it for free...
They did with mine back in the days. It was 0103 error, sent it in and a week later they sent it back. I didn't even pay for the shipping. TBH they didn't even fix anything, just sent me a completely new console. Which was kinda lame, because I had Buffy the Vampire slayer sticker on the old console.

Last edited by Ettino,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did with mine back in the days. It was 0103 error, sent it in and a week later they sent it back. I didn't even pay for the shipping. TBH they didn't even fix anything, just sent me a completely new console. Which is kinda lame, because I had Buffy the Vampire slayer sticker on the old console.

That is typically with Nintendo when they can't fix it.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup. This was during the Samsung emmc firmware shenanigan. So I guess no question asked if it was a 0103 console. Oh get this, the replacement console was a freaking Hynix too. Funny enough, it's still working after all this years. *knock on wood

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that's every major company offering support on current hardware. When the 3DS was fairly new (before the New3DS came out), my 3DS broke so I sent it to Nintendo after taking note of my serial number. I wanted to be sure I got my console back. It wasn't modded, but I wanted the one I bought back. I received a new/refurbished console of the same color and it pissed me off because I also had to go through the hassle of creating a new NNID because Nintendo didn't tell me to remove my 3DS before sending it in.

Same thing happened with my PS3 20Gb when it was new. YLOD on an OG fat almost 9 months after purchase. Sony sent me a 80Gb model with only 2 USB ports as a replacement.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that's every major company offering support on current hardware. When the 3DS was fairly new (before the New3DS came out), my 3DS broke so I sent it to Nintendo after taking note of my serial number. I wanted to be sure I got my console back. It wasn't modded, but I wanted the one I bought back. I received a new/refurbished console of the same color and it pissed me off because I also had to go through the hassle of creating a new NNID because Nintendo didn't tell me to remove my 3DS before sending it in.

Same thing happened with my PS3 20Gb when it was new. YLOD on an OG fat almost 9 months after purchase. Sony sent me a 80Gb model with only 2 USB ports as a replacement.

That is true, for people with special edition it suck for them to sent it in for repair.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did with mine back in the days. It was 0103 error, sent it in and a week later they sent it back. I didn't even pay for the shipping. TBH they didn't even fix anything, just sent me a completely new console. Which is kinda lame, because I had Buffy the Vampire slayer sticker on the old console.
Yeah that's pretty common I think. A friend of mine went through a couple DS Lites back in the day and they always just sent a new one instead of repairing the old one,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol