Hacking Will I have to update emuNAND for MH4G?

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never needed to update because MH4 booted anyway, but since the demo of Smash Brothers is giving me a black screen (I suppose because I still have 4.x on emuNAND) then I was wondering if MH4G will do the same thing, in which case I'll do the update right away.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only reason why I have a 3DS with Gateway is to play japanese Monster Hunter titles. Aside from that I don't give a damn about anything else this console has to offer.

Thanks for the, as always, quick replies and guide.

Reactions: Huntereb

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
The only reason why I have a 3DS with Gateway is to play japanese Monster Hunter titles. Aside from that I don't give a damn about anything else this console has to offer.

i mean, truthfully, I get that. I only have a Gateway for Taiko which doesn't even need an updated EmuNAND, but it's kinda like choosing a worse option when (as evident by the creation of this thread) produces minor problems.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It`s always the best decision to update to current working emunand as long as it is possible
just imagine, nintendo releases a new firmware in a couple of days/weeks/months with a new encryption and it won`t work with gateway emunand for several weeks/months again and then you want to play something, that requires 7.x encryption, but you either have no emunand or it is still on 4.x ... so what do you do then? you have to wait weeks/months for the new gateway update
so my suggestion to anyone, who is not on latest emunand firmware already: better be safe then sorry and do it now
don`t forget to follow a guide to do it right and not screw up your sysnand

Reactions: Deboog

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It`s always the best decision to update to current working emunand as long as it is possible
just imagine, nintendo releases a new firmware in a couple of days/weeks/months with a new encryption and it won`t work with gateway emunand for several weeks/months again and then you want to play something, that requires 7.x encryption, but you either have no emunand or it is still on 4.x ... so what do you do then? you have to wait weeks/months for the new gateway update
so my suggestion to anyone, who is not on latest emunand firmware already: better be safe then sorry and do it now
don`t forget to follow a guide to do it right and not screw up your sysnand
tbh you can update using a rom by holding UP when booting emunand, this will allow you to update emunand via a rom (of the same region only)

so if ever a situation like that arises its not impossible to update to less than the latest version

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tbh you can update using a rom by holding UP when booting emunand, this will allow you to update emunand via a rom (of the same region only)

so if ever a situation like that arises its not impossible to update to less than the latest version

thats interesting, I knew it was possible to update via roms in early gateway versions, but I didn`t know, the feature came back as a hidden option, good to know

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never knew it could cause problems. Thank you for the advice, I'll keep myself updated.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hopefully Monster Hunter4G get subbed before 4U drops, rom decryption and re-encryptioin is a thing now.

parsimony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone puts up a tutorial for doing translations I was planning to translate all the important bits like skill names and charms. I played mh4 in japanese and that's the part I missed being in english the most. You can kinda ignore the plot :v

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone puts up a tutorial for doing translations I was planning to translate all the important bits like skill names and charms. I played mh4 in japanese and that's the part I missed being in english the most. You can kinda ignore the plot :v

There's tutorials now for decrypting and extracting roms, and people have made a few modifications just to experiment with things. Check out the Rely decrypter thread.

MaximusX800

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am actually starting this translation project, but have ran into a road block. I cannot fully decrypt the rom until I get a working rfs file. I have only started this process this evening and will keep at it. If someone could help me I would appreciate it. Please note I am decrypting my personal cart copy of MH4G.

I know there is probably only about 4-6 months wait until 4U, but I would still like to try to start the process. Once rom is decrypted I will work on essential translations to start with.

Reactions: descac

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc