Emulation will cemu support nintendont etc at some point?

RanCorX2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why should it what? be strictly for wii u games or support stuff the wii u supports i.e. wii and gamecube games? although gc games through homebrew.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why should it support Wii and GC games, when Dolphin already does and it's unlikely Cemu will manage to top them on that front. There is nothing to gain, only to lose by the devs focusing on older consoles instead of core Wii U stuff.

Reactions: DrHouse1337

RanCorX2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
already have a wii u, well a replacement (recently).

i still like to play a few games on the pc and dolphin, though it's been around for ages, still can't emulate the rogue squadron games properly because of the f5 hacks.
rs2 works very well, but rebel strike is still unplayable on less than 4ghz, been like that for ages.

seeing as wii u does gamecube games without emulation but via nintendont as it's just an upgraded wii, shouldn't a wii u emulator be able to emulate gamecube games via homebrew later down the line? (in theory?) and thus be better than dolphin?

....but they'd have to emulate the vWii and i doubt they'd bother right?

Last edited by RanCorX2,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
According to this line of reasoning, launching Nintendon't on Dolphin would produce same results, wouldn't it?

Sadly, what you are saying makes no sense. CEMU would need to emulate vWii and do it better than Dolphin does. And even then it would MORE THAN LIKELY be susceptible to this same issue in this specific game.

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seeing as wii u does gamecube games without emulation but via nintendont as it's just an upgraded wii, shouldn't a wii u emulator be able to emulate gamecube games via homebrew later down the line? (in theory?) and thus be better than dolphin?

You missed the boat here. The wii u contains wii hardware in it to do those things. The wii u hardware is not just an upgraded wii. Therefore accurately emulating the wii u hardware would not include emulating the wii hardware as well. It is not analogous to the wii being an upgraded gamecube which allowed for it's inclusion in the dolphin emulator. What you want for cemu would have to basically be two separate emulators combined into one.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is like asking for PCSX2 to include code to run PS1 games, which would be kind of pointless since the PS2's backwards compatibility support was essentially having a PS1 in the PS2 motherboard's design, (or so I heard) not to mention there are already emulators that run PS1 games just fine, which begs the question: why put the effort towards emulating something that already runs fine on its target hardware? Hence why no one bothers writing code that accurately emulates whatever trick they use to emulate older stuff on newer consoles.

Ramon Zarat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I could not help it...

I love it when people give all the answers in the world, from their obtuse and irrelevant point of view, except one that the OP is expecting and even go as far as questioning the OP motivations. Nintendont either work of it does not on Cemu, that's not hard to say, but apparently it's the hardest thing ever for some. Answer. The. Damn. Question. And. Keep. Your. Opinion. For. Yourself.

It's VERY simple: The real WII u is able to run Nintendont. Cemu is a WII u emulator. LOGIC dictate that Nitendont SHOULD in PRINCIPLE run on Cemu, hence the freaking question. EXACTLY like BSNES, a SNES emulator, is able to run Super Game Boy games, like the real SNES did. I suppose Byuu is an idiot too for doing that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo