Gaming Will Amiibo break the balance

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I definitely see leveling system which I believe does not exist in previous version
And those who did not purchase Amiibo could just got beaten(Iwata's Mario in e3 was slightly stronger than Reggie's Mii, and a kind of Iwata got two characters fighting one mii, that was cheating)
And those characters without Amiibo will soon be left behind
This is P2F2P(game not free to play with over priced in-app purchases or DLCs), and that's bad

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I remember correctly, Amiibos are only allowed in the "For Fun" mode, which has no ranking system altogether.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You can only use amiibos against friend, when you're with friends you have a sort of code between each other of what you can and can't do, also there are toggles for it so you can turn it off.
Also you kind of posted this thread assuming that we knew you're talking about smash bros.
By no means are amiibos pay2win DLC.
I would say that this is their answer to teaching new players how to get good, without just having a system of: play against level 1, beat them, go to level 2, etc.
These are CPUs that learn to play against you, so imagine that you have a blank enemy, how do you beat him? You hit him off the edge ofcourse.
But now he has learned to knock you off the edge, so you need a way of being better than him now, so you need to learn to charge your smash attacks.
Now the CPU knows about doing that, so you need a way of improving over that, teaching you to explore all the mechanics at a steady rate without guides.
And then when you're amiibo is a very powerful CPU, you want to see what happens when it faces off against other people and how they react different and change up the playstyle of the CPU, which brings you into a whole new level of strategy which is how others play.
Most importantly regarding your concerns though, I would say that having an amiibo on your side is almost exactly like turning on a CPU and putting it on your team, which has never been a problem in the metagame of smash.

Oh and amiibos being allowed in 'For Fun' Mode? Noting of the sorts have been said about that, and it wouldn't make any sense for that to be the case, since 'For Fun' Mode is 4 players, which is the maximum amount that you can have on screen at any time.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It must be noted that Amiibo can do super moves which the none Amiibo version cannot.
Further, a character yet without Amiibo will be less compatable even if you have purchase all the available Amiibo

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This is P2F2P(game not free to play with over priced in-app purchases or DLCs), and that's bad

The Amiibos are completely optional and not required so saying "this is a pay to win" is completely bullshit because once you paid for the game you don't need this, it's simply an addition for inexperienced players to get the upper hand on others on specific mode(s).

When they're released I'll be buying the Amiibos not to use but to own the figures as they look pretty fucking awesome and very detailed.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Amiibo chars when used are NOT player control, they are AI

Amiibo are NOT needed in any way to play the game
they just something extra, like DLC

Except DLC would add something useful and this doesn't really do that, it brings up a CPU to do the task for the lazy ass gamer.

I watched a video that it ranks up the Amiibo but honestly when it comes down to it, the actual pros won't be using Amiibos, just their skills and knowledge. Melee has been out for thirteen years now (whoa it's such a long time already!) and what do the professional players use at Tournaments and such? Their skills, nothing else.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh and amiibos being allowed in 'For Fun' Mode? Noting of the sorts have been said about that, and it wouldn't make any sense for that to be the case, since 'For Fun' Mode is 4 players, which is the maximum amount that you can have on screen at any time.

Then I've been misinformed. I thought the "For Fun" mode only meant that battles aren't ranked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1