Hardware WiiWare / Virtual Console Dats for OfflineList / ClrMamePro

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
I'll get some images done in the coming weeks.
I don't know how many I'll get done, but I'm hoping it will be a few.

The other thing I'm hopeful for is that Gecko will work with cIOS firmware emulation. If it does, then I should be able to churn out the images fairly quickly too. If not... Well then it will be a lot slower.

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
moli said:
Nago, fix WW #362 bad sourceRom "DLC.Complete-OneUp"

Okay, gotcha. Found a few other issues, too. (DLC Dupes that needed nuked.) I'm still reviewing data (I made a new script to help me catch errors recently) ... I will make a more comprehensive ww fix later in the day.
Edit: Thanks a lot for the small fixes. After you spend hundreds of hours developing the software to manage these sorts of things, some of the smaller things fall through the cracks. I appreciate your help in making the data integrity of this dat even better.
smile.gif

Second Edit: By "Later in the Day" I obviously meant "Right Now." I pushed out an update anyway, to see what would happen. Few bugs fixed for ww, [NUKE] prefix is back, moli's corrections are live, two DLCs I had missed were nuked, IDs change and shift (Sorry. I would really advise you to not use the rom number %u inside of the archives.)

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
One last quick update before I fret off and do other things for a while: I've added comments with more information into the dat. They can be easily parsed and provide additional information if you are reading them with other applications.

Open the .XML in an editor and you can see what I mean.

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Nago, please use the sourceRom field like other .xml files do, put only the team name in it.
And you should uncomment your new tags, if you use your own namespace no third party applications will be harmed.

spacecrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nago said:
They're all for WiiWare. I don't have any for VC yet. I'm working on it, though. I'm really sorry I don't have a comprehensive list of images, I just don't have the ability to make that many and (quite frankly) I have other things to do with my time. If there was a way to run WiiWare/VC wads straight from USB, and a way for me to take screenshots with the wii, I'd be dumping the images out by the bucketload.

Honestly, if you guys have ideas for how I can make images a less time consuming ordeal, I'm all ears.

This may be helpful - http://www.thecoverproject.net/ I'm not sure, it is quite the amazing thing to check out anyways
sleep.gif

Good luck!

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't have to. If you're using the OLL dats; for the regular dat just use "move unknown files" and it'll remove them. If you are using the nukes dat, do a re-verify archives and it'll pick them up again in the nukes section.

As for putting sourcerom back: Why? There seems to be no other way to convey the foldername to OLL users, and the OLL dat is for OLL users.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically i had to put all the wads in one folder, point oll to that folder, and then it repackages them into .zip files while comparing crcs, since i didn't want those .zip files, i deleted them after they were all checked, so to recheck them all to find those 2 nuked dlc, it would have to re-zip my entire collection again.
edit: nevermind, i decided to do it again, blah. ):

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Nago,
because of the standards. use dirname

ADVANsCEne_NDScrc.xml standard offlinelist was built upon:

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMetroid Prime Hunters - First Hunt (Demo)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNone
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ16777216
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNintendo
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDarkfader
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ2
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂC2FB5233
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ789F71C4
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ633C8693
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ52079D61
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂF0245E69
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDemo
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ2005-03-08
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂFIRST HUNT
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNTR-AMFE-USA
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1.0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNo
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂmetroid.prime.first.hunt-df.zip
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMetroid_Prime_First_Hunt_NDS-DF
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ30
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂxxxx
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
We're discussing standards for an unsupported, out of active development program with bugs that prohibit me from creating a fully functioning product. Standards for a datfile that actually has no published standard, only empirical, de facto standards. Unless there's an ACTUAL reason for me to put it back, I won't be just because of standards. I have designed the dat to function well in OfflineList, and so long as it performs that function, it's going to remain the way it is.

I'm not trying to be combative, but I need a tangible reason to change it back. KornyChaos brought up the point that if I DIDN'T use the "Source" field to include the Folder Name, it was impossible for OLL users to tell what release that entry actually was - There are dozens upon dozens of Repacks, Propers, Real Propers, Updates, etcetera -- The Folder Name needs to be displayed somewhere, somehow.

The comments field also needs to be used to display the System the game is from for the simple reason that there are a handful of games with the same exact title and need to be differentiated.

Additionally: Where are you getting that dat layout from? I just looked at both the NDS dats Advanscene offers for OLL and neither of them contain that many fields.

QUOTE said:
Metroid Prime Hunters - First Hunt (Demo)
None
Nintendo
Darkfader

C2FB5233

789F71C4
633C8693
xxxx

Edits:

KornyChaos: Unfortunately, I can tell you there are going to be a lot of propers in the coming month, so you may want to consider setting the zip compression level to 0 and just allowing it to keep them in the zips, it'll make your life a little easier. I know there are nearly 150 releases total for VC that are going to be redumped, and at least 30 for WiiWare.

moli: I can't uncomment my "additional" fields. They break support with OfflineList. They will stay commented. I have, however, added a comment for lack of ability to better follow the original OLL xml format. It is the best I can do for now. use
Code:
preg_match('//',$haystack,&$matches);

Otherwise, if you're going to parse the Release Group from the FolderName, your current regex fails on "PLAY-SKILL". Use this instead:
CODEpreg_match('/[.\-_](?i)Wii[_.\-](?!.*[._\-]Wii)(.+)?$/U', $folder, &$matches);

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
http://www.advanscene.com/offline/datas/AD...CEne_NDScrc.zip

i understand your points, but you are trying to create something for the people i suppose. i'm trying to help your work available and suitable more and more ppl because there are a lot of difference between advanscene xml and yours (like imagenumber). de facto standard is still a standard, scene works like this.

i know that's a programmer's point of view not an enduser's
QUOTE said:
your current regex fails on "PLAY-SKILL".
i know, but didnt care if the release group didnt care to use a proper name without reserved characters... another example why standards are the topmost principal (if you start to support out-of-standard cases, there will be no standard kept anymore.)
advanscene xml is already full of shit (like naming ids as "number"s, putting image/icon url into newdat, putting game numbers as comment, using duplicateid as separate id should use the first release id instead,..)

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm very big on standards myself, but remember, a king without an army...
I see, that fancier dat is the version for NDSCRC. I don't think that renamer supports any other dat other than *exclusively* the Advanscene dat, so I won't be bothering to maintain compatibility with it.
I will continue to use commented additions for now.

Edit: and, the new version is live. six propers (so six nukes), and the new (hidden) comment fields.
Second Edit: Actually, it looks like you COULD put other dats in NDSCRC. I think I'll investigate in making an NDSCRC version.
Embarrassing Edit: I broke the Nuke Dat for OLL-VC temporarily earlier, It should be fixed now :[

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Nago said:
can't uncomment my "additional" fields. They break support with OfflineList.
wow, that is an extraordinary interpretation of Extensible Markup Language from offlinelist there :D

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, tell me about it. I've been trying to get in touch with Replouff to obtain his source so I can fix any outstanding bugs, but he doesn't seem keen on responding to me or anyone else on the subject.

I suppose NDSCRC is the next best thing, but it's really ultra heavily focused on on NDS/GBA ... I would like to start coding my own "OLL Clone", but I know very little of C as it stands. I may look into it anyway, though. It'll be a fun project.

Update: I published a VC update today. This is the last update for (up to a week), as I am switching the OS my server runs on (FreeBSD to Fedora 11 .. Long story.). Release notes for the new version: Two new titles, and the PUBLISHER field is now determined by the company who signed the ticket. In general for VC this means that all Nintendo games are published by Nintendo, all TG16 by Hudson Soft, and all SMS/GEN by Sega. ARC games are mostly published by Taito, Namco Bandai, and Tecmo. NEO/MSX games are Published by D4 Enterprise. C64 games are all done by Commodore Gaming.

WiiWare publishers are now determined in the same way, however, the publishers for wiiware are actually more diverse and are as you would expect.

And the Update for WW for this week is also now live. See you in a bit!

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
my dream is a field of the developer as i think the publisher is rather uninteresting and holds no reference to the quality of the product

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative