OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently ran a script to ensure that the Duplicate IDs in my database were correct, by comparing the DIDs of the entries to their Internal Title IDs. I made a handful of fixes (I am pretty confident in the accuracy of my Dup Filter now, I'll have you know!) but I came up with some interesting things:

Japan's "Puyo Puyo" Is considered by TID (Internal Title-ID) to be a region duplicate of "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine".

Japan's Nekketsu Kouha Kunio Kun is also, by TID to be a region duplicate of "Renegade", even though Renegade is a fully re-skinned and pretty much a different game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Command is considered a region dupe of "Ninja-Kun.Ashura.no.Shou.JPN.VC.SMS.Wii-OneUp", but this went through radical changes in localization like the above games.

I won't be marking these as dupes in my database, but I found the information interesting so I'm passing it on.

Update Aug 18: New VC Update is out. This is the first update after my Server-switch, so please make sure everything is working correctly; I had to fix a number of issues already. Also as a bonus, a few more images!

Update Aug 21: A week on the dot, I published a new WW update today. A few new propers, so the numbering scheme has changed yet again. The good news is that there are no longer any US/EU WW games that need to be propered, so that's good at least (and yes, all of WiiWare for all regions HAS been dumped and is in the dat) -- Jap WW still has a few things that will be re-released, but there's nothing I can really do about that. This is the first WW update on the new system, so let me know if you see anything fishy.

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
madridi4ever said:
Hey Nago, just wanted to say thanks
smile.gif

is the vc updated with the latest wave of propers? hope it is. thanks
smile.gif

It hasn't been yet, I'm working on retooling my VC database a little bit on my end, I've been running a lot of scripts and fact-checking things, I've made some cool corrections and the end result is an even more thorough dat (Which mostly comes through as a few extra releases in the nukes section, but oh well.)

At the moment, I am working on making a new flag for the database to mark entries as "Deleted", worse-than-nuked. I ran into a problem earlier where I deleted an entry because it was a home-made inject, but because it is still in the PRE databases, it kept getting re-added, so there is a fundamental problem here. So I'm making a flag to indicate these releases are "Deleted" ... For you guys, you'll never see these entries, they don't even show up in the "NUKES" section. When I get the website finished, you'll be able to see them there, though.

Thank you everyone else for your kind words. I'm glad it has been working well for you. I will do my best to get WW and VC updates both out tonight and fully up to date.

-n

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
VC 0090 was originally called, Project Bang!
VC 0313 was an update to this game and had the name changed to Bang Attack

Currently 0090 is called Bang attack as well. Are you gonna leave it like that or do you think it's better to rename it as project bang?

Note that the scene release was called project bang..
smile.gif

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
I was aware of the namechange, but I didn't realize the binary itself was actually ever released as the original name. If the game itself actually refers to itself as Project Bang!, I'll change the name of the first.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well, I'm not sure what the game is actually called. Havent tried to install it. But I am guessing that since it was first released as Project Bang, then the name IS that..

The scene release name however IS called project bang.

I suggest changing it to that, but its totally up to you anyways
smile.gif

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
VC/WW updates both live. With luck, I didn't break anything. Who can say for sure!

I should explain the updates.

For WW, there are four new missing releases. These releases are nuked anyway (There have been Propers or Internals to replace them), but for posterity I decided to add them.

For VC, It is a fairly normal update, although the ordering may have changed slightly as I mentioned earlier, I redid some things in the backend to help me exclude certain releases more efficiently. There are one or two new nukes in this dat, I think.

Oh yeah, I finally got rid of (formerly) 10001 - F-Zero ... That was the "Scene" release from 2006 that was just the content.bin ... This was a useless file and it doesn't even belong in the nukes section, so I got rid of it.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey nago,
I couple of issues with the JPN section

Gokuraku.Chuuka.Taisen.JPN.VC.Wii-OneUp
this is missing for some reason.. care to fix it?

also,
release number 1, and number 203, were apparently nuked in scene, but not in your list.
I talked to one of the guys in scene, he un-nuked them
smile.gif

UNNUKE Minna.no.Pokemon.Bokujou.Wiiware.JPN.WII-WiiFi cannot.nuke.for.modified.ticket.unless.proper.exists_PLAY-SKil.is.Platinum.Edition_valid.dump.when.released Sheep

[ UNNUKED ] Kappa.Kun.to.Sanbiki.no.Koneko.WiiWare.JPN.Wii-PLAY-SKiLL [ REASON ] release.is.fine_repack.was.for.DLC.not.the.WiiWare_grp.req.was.to.nuke.DLC [ NETWORK ] Sheep

Thanks for your list, its helping the scene alot
smile.gif

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
madridi4ever said:

This is an Inject. There is no such title available. This is one of those titles that are in the database but "Deleted". It doesn't show up in the dat.

QUOTE(madridi4ever @ Aug 23 2009, 11:07 PM) release number 1, and number 203, were apparently nuked in scene, but not in your list.
UNNUKE Minna.no.Pokemon.Bokujou.Wiiware.JPN.WII-WiiFi cannot.nuke.for.modified.ticket.unless.proper.exists_PLAY-SKil.is.Platinum.Edition_valid.dump.when.released Sheep
[ UNNUKED ] Kappa.Kun.to.Sanbiki.no.Koneko.WiiWare.JPN.Wii-PLAY-SKiLL [ REASON ] release.is.fine_repack.was.for.DLC.not.the.WiiWare_grp.req.was.to.nuke.DLC [ NETWORK ] Sheep

Minna.no.Pokemon.Bokujou.Wiiware.JPN.WII-WiiFi - This is known to have a bad ticket, but the Platinum Update is not the same game: therefore this game should stay until the original, non-platinum version is re-dumped.
Kappa.Kun.to.Sanbiki.no.Koneko.WiiWare.JPN.Wii-PLAY-SKiLL - you seem to have found why I didn't nuke this one. Someone made a mistake.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Nago said:
madridi4ever said:

This is an Inject. There is no such title available. This is one of those titles that are in the database but "Deleted". It doesn't show up in the dat.

Ah, thanks for that.
NUKED now

Nago said:
QUOTE(madridi4ever @ Aug 23 2009, 11:07 PM)
release number 1, and number 203, were apparently nuked in scene, but not in your list.

Minna.no.Pokemon.Bokujou.Wiiware.JPN.WII-WiiFi - This is known to have a bad ticket, but the Platinum Update is not the same game: therefore this game should stay until the original, non-platinum version is re-dumped.
Kappa.Kun.to.Sanbiki.no.Koneko.WiiWare.JPN.Wii-PLAY-SKiLL - you seem to have found why I didn't nuke this one. Someone made a mistake.

1- yes, the thing is, i'm not sure the non platinum version exists on the wiishop anymore.. its does exist on nus however. If thats the case, then this game will never be propered since we wont be able to get the original ticket (unless someone bought it at that time and never got into the dumping scene)

2- yeah actually i was using your dat when i noticed that mistake in scene, then people in scene got it unnuked. Thanks for that
smile.gif

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I understand the circumstance behind My Pokemon Ranch. I will add a comment for that entry denoting it is a bad ticket, but otherwise the title works correctly, so It's going to stay in my dat. With luck, someone will come up with a proper eventually.

I hope this proves that I've really done my homework
wink.gif

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Just a small bump to announce that there are new versions of the dats out, and I have been adding pictures to the Virtual Console dat steadily. Expect N64 screens later in the day, and Genesis screens within the week.

As always, please report any and all errors.

-n

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
New version of the WiiWare is out: Sorry it took me so long.

Edit: Virtual Console is out too.

Sorry for the long delay!

Edit Again: It just occurred to me I may be missing two Virtual Console OneUp did a week or two back, because they didn't use the ".VC." tag and never made a dirfix. I'll get these into the DB a little later: So if you verify against my dat, don't freak out if it doesn't catch those two!

EditTriple: And by "Later" I meant "It's out now so don't worry about it anymore".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)