Not open for further replies.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Watch them sue every one of us who used it

I deleted every single file on my PC cuz of that lol. I preordered the Switch and Zelda......But still dont know if its worth it. I mean look at the launch games, a bunch of old indie games and Zelda. I just hope down the line the Switch get real games and dont make me regret it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Plenty of people work from home. It's a thing.
Or in their offices and the can check GBATemp. And also almost everyone have Cellphones so they can check the site from there too

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted every single file on my PC cuz of that lol. I preordered the Switch and Zelda......But still dont know if its worth it. I mean look at the launch games, a bunch of old indie games and Zelda. I just hope down the line the Switch get real games and dont make me regret it.
For education purposes, the only way to get rid of that information is to toss your entire harddrive.

Secondly, a single individual who isn't leaking information (only downloading it,) isn't worth a front door visit from anyone.

At the very most, a mailed notice that holds no legal binds.

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
For education purposes, the only way to get rid of that information is to toss your entire harddrive.

Secondly, a single individual who isn't leaking information (only downloading it,) isn't worth a front door visit from anyone.

At the very most, a mailed notice that holds no legal binds.
Yeah I know but at least I "deleted them" and didnt use em. And hey im buying the Switch

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know but at least I "deleted them" and didnt use em. And hey im buying the Switch
I'm just saying you were better off just not worrying about it. Don't let conspiracies get to you. lol

They can sue for theft though can't they?
There's no theft when the data is useless.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country

Er, no. If you rewrite the drive enough times, there isn't a force on earth that would be able to determine what data was there.

They can sue for theft though can't they?

I don't think so in this case.

Last edited by skawo,
Reactions: Amingo

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're circle-jerking at this point, folks.

Nobody has access to the game unless they have a physical copy. None of us know anything about when the key will be dumped.

I'm just as hyped for Zelda as the next guy, but this thread is only being inflated with "what-ifs" now.

llazy77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're circle-jerking at this point, folks.

Nobody has access to the game unless they have a physical copy. None of us know anything about when the key will be dumped.

I'm just as hyped for Zelda as the next guy, but this thread is only being inflated with "what-ifs" now.

itll be up any second now

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er, no. If you rewrite the drive enough times, there isn't a force on earth that would be able to determine what data was there.
:sleep: Rewriting your drive repeatedly damages it. And you would need military grade rewriting to entirely eradicate it. An average user would not be able to recover anything, but the government has tech for this specifically.

No matter what the case was, in this instance, you aren't going to be hauled off to prison just because of a game file on your computer. People need to chill out.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
:sleep: Rewriting your drive repeatedly damages it. And you would need military grade rewriting to entirely eradicate it. An average user would not be able to recover anything, but the government has tech for this specifically.

You'd have to rewrite the drive several hundred (thousand?) times to truly damage one.

What the hey is "military grade rewriting"? You write random data to the drive, say, 16 times over and it's done. What sources do you have to substantiate that the "government" would be able to restore data from that?

Last edited by skawo,

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country

No matter what the case was, in this instance, you aren't going to be hauled off to prison just because of a game file on your computer. People need to chill out.[/Qwell

Well you could use destruction software to make data unrecoverable :P that is what hackers use in emergencies

Last edited by kamesenin888,

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
In other news. The Key might not get leaked/released but RYZEN is today!

Tempted to jump from i7-6700K
16836475_836858469786525_4592725028086770714_o.jpg

Reactions: Witalka_Shelby

MrEdgeworth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, what the hell with those peep wondering if FBI is going to knock at their door for some stupid 2/3 of a game download which is acessible (and that means it is not even piracy) from the start.

Also, I suggest locking this thread since OP's post is not relevant anymore. How about someone does a new topic with all the necessary info about the state of the leak? People will stop posting non-sense or questions that has been asked many times before.

Reactions: CMRN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto