Not open for further replies.

Icharly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont know much about WiiU scene here.

I have just used loadiine since today, i dont have hacxii, mocha or anything because i read you need to buy a legit DS game from the eshop. So i tought about installing this game vía WUP installer but i dont know if theres brick posibilities because cross región installing with all and the update. So what do you guys recommend? Can install it? Should i just pay for a shitty DS game and install hacxii? Or Is there a way around?

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know how that's possible with redNAND itself... look at all the redNAND guides... they all say to run it through Mocha CFW for a reason.
Currently there are two ways you can use to get full access to your wii u to do whatever you want to it they are iosu cfw and rednand respectively. This thread is mainly for newcomers unsure of what to install on their brand new haxorz machines. On this Thread I will post there pro's and con's for each one and update them as time goes on. Eventually once boot 0 cfw comes out iosu CFW will obvs win so rednand will become redundant but for now its still useful so wait until then.

Why do I want any cfw? The main reason you would want custom firmware is to install unsigned tickets for things like eshop titles and DLC. You can also install Regionhax allowing you to run any game region free forever. Atm its not very useful to the end user just for experimenting really

IOSU CFW Pros

* sd card of any size will work with this * uses only 14MB on sd compared to the 8GB/32GB of redNAND * Works with vWii titles installed with Wup installer * SD card can be removed while in operation without utter anihilation * Can return to stock any time (those it for you on every reboot lol)

Cons

* Not 100% safe as it mods sysNAND only temporarly and to reactivate the mods (sig patches etc.) has to be launched again. This makes it so if you modified some critical file incorrectly your wii U will become a fancy black/white brick * Can't install sysConfig Tool as it is a system title

REDNAND Pros

* Should be completely safe to mod anything without worry of brick as you can revert from backup * works with Official Sysconfig Tool(Modified one availble in the wild that works on sysNAND not recommended to install thought)

Cons

* 64GB(black/premium)16GB(white/basic) sd card or higher required to install * Dumping your system can take between 1-9 hours depending on your NAND/SD setup * System will be limited to the speeds of your sd card so a slow sd will dramatically effect load times * Can't format without bricking * if you want to return to stock you will lose everything you have done on your redNAND, this includes all title installs and save data (wupserver can be used to transfer saves but not titles) * UNCOFIRMED:According to the current information we have it can never be updated due to the SEEPROM memory not being redirected correctly on REDNAND and once it checks last run latest firmware it will brick unless sysNAND is same firmware

For anyone that is unaware you can install unsigned titles of any kind on both just fine(includes eshop only titles,DLC etc.)
Thats was the 2 ways You can have sigpatches via rednand or iosuhax

So Cant Understand how You believe rednand dont enable sigpatches

http://hackinformer.com/2016/10/30/nand-dumper-rednand-released-wii-u/

Last edited by loler55,

Suji_Pyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. it will be never done installing... help :((
If yoi look in youtube Masterwin LGB he uploaded a video with al the files you need... it is in spanish

He said
1- Install game with the Ticket he provided
2- Intsall the update (the folder already has the right ticket)
3- Done, install them using WUP

Reactions: Buenoman

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Transferring game files + .tik (moved into game files) + 2gb update file now onto my SD Card now. So I boot into Mocha > HBC > WUP Installer Y Mod > Install Game first then Update onto USB formatted for Wii U.

Is this the correct process?

rjx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, what do I name the zelda folder itself? Right now it is just named 000000b? Sorry for the probably dumb question!!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please answer this question so since I have U.S. console I will have to sigpatch this every time I play? So if I have patience I can just wait for a legit ticket and not have to sig patch? Is this correct?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh... can anyone else chime in? I've never heard of a redNAND (by itself) having sig patches right off the bat without anything else. You need to have Mocha with redNAND as Mocha generates the sig patches like any other CFW.
Yes, there are fw.img CFW that redirect NAND and have sigpatches. Of course, the CFW has to be launched somehow (Haxchi, CFW Booter) before the redirection and patches kick in, but that's how redNAND people ran before Mocha.

Are you thinking the poster is saying something different?

rjx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody, what should the folder for the game install be named? Does it matter? I'm so close but I want to be sure

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please answer this question so since I have U.S. console I will have to sigpatch this every time I play? So if I have patience I can just wait for a legit ticket and not have to sig patch? Is this correct?
Yes run sigpatcher every time prior, or delete and wait for NA leak
Anybody, what should the folder for the game install be named? Does it matter? I'm so close but I want to be sure
The folder can be named anything, just be sure to have all files in it

Reactions: rjx

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Anything you like. Just exclude any special characters such as "#*+=?!"
So game could be GAME and update could be UPDATE

Reactions: rjx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries