Hacking WiiU softmod CBHC prompting for system update

konpop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everyone,

Could I kindly ask for some assistance, I have a softmoded WiiU with CBHC, this was working well for over a year, all Nintendo DNS servers were blocked on my home router, nothing out of the ordinary. I launched Zelda BOW the other day, last updated DLC 2, working well, I exited then i went into WiiU system system and changed the sound option from 2 channel to surround, now when i go into zelda and a few other games (not all) I get a message
1. Preparing update
2. A system update is required before the software can be downloaded. Start system update now?
3.Then it tries to pull an update down but errors out cos it thinks its offline.

Now i am stuck in an endless loop of some kind, I reverted sound option back to stereo but same message appears. The download is stuck in the download management section. Not sure if this is a coincidence that i changed the system setting or perhaps launched BOTW and it did something, can i please get some advice, i cant see a way to clear this update prompt?
thanks

Attachments

• 20180512_223108.jpg
    20180512_223108.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 322
  • 20180512_223117.jpg
    20180512_223117.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 459
  • 20180512_223141.jpg
    20180512_223141.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 254
  • 20180512_223607.jpg
    20180512_223607.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 413
  • 20180512_223610.jpg
    20180512_223610.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 334
  • 20180512_223823.jpg
    20180512_223823.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 283
Last edited by konpop,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

Could I kindly ask for some assistance, I have a softmoded WiiU with CBHC, this was working well for over a year, all Nintendo DNS servers were blocked on my home router, nothing out of the ordinary. I launched Zelda BOW the other day, last updated DLC 2, working well, I exited then i went into WiiU system system and changed the sound option from 2 channel to surround, now when i go into zelda and a few other games (not all) I get a message
1. Preparing update
2. A system update is required before the software can be downloaded. Start system update now?
3.Then it tries to pull an update down but errors out cos it thinks its offline.

Now i am stuck in an endless loop of some kind, I reverted sound option back to stereo but same message appears. The download is stuck in the download management section. Not sure if this is a coincidence that i changed the system setting or perhaps launched BOTW and it did something, can i please get some advice, i cant see a way to clear this update prompt?
thanks
If you have CBHC why not update? It won't change anything for you. You'll still have CBHC

konpop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so its fine to do the update? would anyone know why its prompting for it?
i thought the whole reason to block the updates from Nintendo is so that they dont release an update to patch the softmod etc?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so its fine to do the update? would anyone know why its prompting for it?
i thought the whole reason to block the updates from Nintendo is so that they dont release an update to patch the softmod etc?
Yeah it blocks updates but still prompts you. The thing is, 5.5.2 is completely hackable so there's really no risk to unblock temporarily and then update your game. Then block again after just in case

konpop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply but its saying that i need to download a system update before the game update? (in screenshot) i am reading this as a system update only?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply but its saying that i need to download a system update before the game update? (in screenshot) i am reading this as a system update only?
Game update, system update it doesnt matter. Unblock and update whatever it wants you to. You're safe to do so

Reactions: konpop

konpop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for anyone interested, updating the system update for me worked fine will no ill effect on CBHC. Thanks everyone.

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

I re-open this subject because i cant figure out what am i doing wrong to not be able to run Zelda BOTW on my WiiU. It's a 5.2.2 wii u hacked with CBHC. I made that a couple of day ago, to have my SMashBros DLC's back. Before that it was 5.1.1 with a classical CFW.

Problem is: During installing CBHC, i thought it could be good (read on a website) to have a copy of my VC game (used for CBHC) on my USB driver which content BOTW and its updates. God Bless me, everything went well and CBHC works fine. BUT, I don't want to try to plug my usb driver back, maybe it could brick my WiiU. So i decided to reinstall Zelda via wup installer....

When I install the game, it ask me to download a game update, what i do, then the wiiu install the update, then the game start but freeze at the presentation screen....

I tried installing the update myself, same result. I downloaded everything from USB HELPER to be sure of the liability of the files....

So Can i plug my usb driver back, or Do i have to find another way to play ZELDA ? Could changing the DNS on my wiiu be the problem ?

HELP ME PLEASE ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED !!!!

D

Deleted User

Hi guys,

I re-open this subject because i cant figure out what am i doing wrong to not be able to run Zelda BOTW on my WiiU. It's a 5.2.2 wii u hacked with CBHC. I made that a couple of day ago, to have my SMashBros DLC's back. Before that it was 5.1.1 with a classical CFW.

Problem is: During installing CBHC, i thought it could be good (read on a website) to have a copy of my VC game (used for CBHC) on my USB driver which content BOTW and its updates. God Bless me, everything went well and CBHC works fine. BUT, I don't want to try to plug my usb driver back, maybe it could brick my WiiU. So i decided to reinstall Zelda via wup installer....

When I install the game, it ask me to download a game update, what i do, then the wiiu install the update, then the game start but freeze at the presentation screen....

I tried installing the update myself, same result. I downloaded everything from USB HELPER to be sure of the liability of the files....

So Can i plug my usb driver back, or Do i have to find another way to play ZELDA ? Could changing the DNS on my wiiu be the problem ?

HELP ME PLEASE ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED !!!!
simple solution, go to data management, plug in the usb, and delete the vc title IN THE USB.. Even then, nothing really bad should happen

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
simple solution, go to data management, plug in the usb, and delete the vc title IN THE USB.. Even then, nothing really bad should happen
The thing is, im afraid that when the console will boot with the usb driver connected, CBHC doesn't know where to find the VC game or which one it has to take between the system memory card or the usb driver....

Anyway thanks for answering ^^ !!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe it's something i do with the dns setting which don't allow me to install update ans play game...What do you think ?

D

Deleted User

The thing is, im afraid that when the console will boot with the usb driver connected, CBHC doesn't know where to find the VC game or which one it has to take between the system memory card or the usb driver....

Anyway thanks for answering ^^ !!!

Maybe it's something i do with the dns setting which don't allow me to install update ans play game...What do you think ?
No, you didn't listen correctly, Go to system setttings, AND THEN plug in the usb, and THEN go to data management.
I didn't phrase it Plug in the usb, turn on the wiiu, go to data management for a reason. I specificly phrased it as the order of events, go to data management (implies console is already on) and plug in the usb. Because I know that doesn't work if you try booting with the usb.

To your second problem, are you using the copy feature in wiiu usb helper? If you didn't use it, then use it. As anything that breaks wup installer will be corrected.
There is no checks at play, blocking the dns and installing a title from a SD card has no correlation.

Last edited by ,

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you didn't listen correctly, Go to system setttings, AND THEN plug in the usb, and THEN go to data management.
I didn't phrase it Plug in the usb, turn on the wiiu, go to data management for a reason. I specificly phrased it as the order of events, go to data management (implies console is already on) and plug in the usb. Because I know that doesn't work if you try booting with the usb.

To your second problem, are you using the copy feature in wiiu usb helper? If you didn't use it, then use it. As anything that breaks wup installer will be corrected.
There is no checks at play, blocking the dns and installing a title from a SD card has no correlation.

Thanks Monkeyman4412, that's very nice from you to teach me more and clarify somethings on wii u hack !

I'm gonna try what you've said, but, i tried several games directly installed on system memory, everything seems to go well, everything is well installed (CBHC, game and update), BUT the games freeze at launch...

The thing is : it would be good to be able to play zelda, that's what i want, but if i can't use others games installed on wiiu i feel screwed...

Have you got an idea of what is the problem ? Thanks a LOT !

Thanks Monkeyman4412, that's very nice from you to teach me more and clarify somethings on wii u hack !

I'm gonna try what you've said, but, i tried several games directly installed on system memory, everything seems to go well, everything is well installed (CBHC, game and update), BUT the games freeze at launch...

The thing is : it would be good to be able to play zelda, that's what i want, but if i can't use others games installed on wiiu i feel screwed...

Have you got an idea of what is the problem ? Thanks a LOT !

AND YES I used Wiiu usb helper....

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I did what you told me to, and i have access to my USB driver. Then i decided to copy the VC game (used for CBHC) on another USB driver and i would like to delete the one on the 1st driver. Data transfering went good but it told me that data couldn't be removed (from the usb driver with zelda also)....What should i do....?

And it didn't allow me to play zelda again. I'm very sorry to annoy you with this but you seem to be the only person who tries to help me ^^!

I just wanna use CBHC as it supposed to be....

D

Deleted User

Ok I did what you told me to, and i have access to my USB driver. Then i decided to copy the VC game (used for CBHC) on another USB driver and i would like to delete the one on the 1st driver. Data transfering went good but it told me that data couldn't be removed (from the usb driver with zelda also)....What should i do....?

And it didn't allow me to play zelda again. I'm very sorry to annoy you with this but you seem to be the only person who tries to help me ^^!

I just wanna use CBHC as it supposed to be....
Extra setup I guess...
https://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/fpiiu-cbhc
Download that and extract it to the sd card's root
https://winscp.net/eng/index.php
and install that to your computer
Step1: Figure out your ds title id.
When coldboothax, you should see some sort of string of numbers and letters , press the home menu button on the wiiu gamepad so you don't autoboot, and you can write it down. should be somewhere on the top left. Make sure you have the string written down somewhere
Step2: After that, and you have it written down, click boot system menu. From here, plug in the usb. The wiiu is going to have a fit, and likely reboot. But since you already have loaded the main coldboothax, this shouldn't be a problem. After the usb is plugged in, from the home menu, launch homebrew launcher (you should have it installed as a title)
Step3: From homebrew launcher, open ftpiiu everywhere when it opens you will see a black screen, and at the bottom left, a ip adress.
Step4: Enter the ip adress in wincsp that you see on the wiiu
Step5: Your computer should show multiple folders open storage_usb. Open usr, then go to title. Open the 5000, then find the folder that is the same name as coldboothax. Once you find it, delete it. Do not worry about the console, it should be fine since we are touching the usb, and not the on board storage. From there shut off the console, and turn it back on.
Try zelda.

If zelda didn't work, then it's likely your game installation of it is corrupted, and needs to be reinstalled, so go to data management, delete the game, and update files, but do not delete save data... I mean, you likely still want that. From there use wupinstaller. NOW here is the important bit, because again given you response you didn't listen to me the entire way again. USE THE COPY FEATURE IN WIIU USB HELPER. Because you can use wiiu usb helper, and not use it's copy feature, which I gaurentee is the reason why wup installer is throwing out errors. if your having problems finding the copy button, I provided a screenshot.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    92.2 KB · Views: 241

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi again !! And thanks a LOT to try to help me !!! I'll try to do exactly what you told me during the weekend and i'll come back to you to tell if it works or not ! Thanks again !!!

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Monkeyman4412 !

So ! I did what you've told me to. I delete the game who served for cbhc install from my USB drive, via winscp. Then, I tried Zelda, and same result.

I thought about that. I guess i dont have any issue during game install, because wup works fine and the game downloads himself the latest update from eshop, and i take the same file on the same tool seperatedly and put them correctly in the install folder... But it still freeze at launch. But, maybe it's a dumb question, but i'm not sure about the answer, is it possible to install downloaded games on system memory and having them worked ? Or i have to put them on usb driver or key (the usb key worked pretty well for zelda before cbhc).

Do you think there is another way to bypass this problem ? If i have to, i will try to delete cbhc if needed...

Thanks again for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good afternoon