WiiU is on 5.5.5, getting error 105-4206 "unable to connect to server" trying to play Zelda BotW

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's the weird thing, I totally saw an update file in data management. But I saw that when I copied v208 on there myself as well. Bizarre. I'll try downloading and copying over an older version and see if it updates properly, and if that doesn't work I'll try the hex editor and set it to FF FF as godreborn suggests. I'll update with my progress.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
Most likely a message will appear when you try booting the game. I don't recall the exact message, but I don't think the game will even be bootable if a lower version is detected.

meclo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks V10lator, I'll check that out.

I want to bang my head against a brick wall, I think I've got it. When I went into data management, it said something about wanting to delete "unnecessary files" on the USB drive, but I kept skipping that because it said it would take up to 30 minutes, and I was installing on the NAND anyway. I removed the downloaded update and reinstalled the game, but the wii u installer/loader borked when installing the update. I went into data management on the NAND where I had tried to install and it gave me that same unnecessary files message on the NAND now as well, so I deleted it (it took like 10 seconds). I went back and deleted the unnecessary files on the USB drive as well, installed the v208 update again, and now it works.

I really appreciate everyone's input though, I'm amazed at how responsive you all were. Thanks all! This community rocks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper