• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,808
  • Replies 82
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Technically you need to search for cIOS or Gamepad/Controller trace.
Exploiting the Wii VC game will be impossible if single vulnerability wasn't found in code.
Double negatives.
ok quick witty replies on the side. could we.... somehow use hbl, and boot the game from there.....? Because if we need logging of what is going behind the scenes then that might be the way to go. However vwii (with currently complied programs) only read as far as the vwii existence. So probably a no go. I wonder if any people like fix94 has taken a look at this.....

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
and we are back at this every couple of months someone makes a thread about this and has "amazing ideas" how to acheive this, this will never gonna happen sadly, wii games on e shop have their own built in ios and fw so those games dont run on the normal vwii but on a special fw/ios made exclusively for them.

Some people tryed and failled and afaik no one is even trying now, so dont expect anyone to do any work on this.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not "exclusive", it is just that nobody cares anymore, the thing is still stuck on that header.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
^Which is why I say exploiting Xenoblade Chronicles seems like the best way to go about it right now.
I know @FIX94 worked on several Gamecube exploits, but I'm unsure if he worked on newer Wii exploits as well.

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@pedro702 I often pay attention to these threads because they are of particular interest to me - it seems you always come on and say how it isn't going to work - which in and of itself is valuable in the sense that it can be seen as constructive criticism - however - just about everyone who contributed to this thread is trying to come up with ideas to MAKE IT WORK - saying no one is going to work on it and that it's never going to happen always seems to kill the enthusiasm of those discussing the possibilities - and yes, in each thread someone ALWAYS mentions the message in a bottle method with a vc game, and it is prudent to point out the problems with this but in this thread and others, there are always new ideas too...I'm just curious - you seem fo have some insight into how everything works - how woukd you make it work (in theory)?

Last edited by atypicalchaos,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@pedro702 I often pay attention to these threads because they are of particular interest to me - it seems you always come on and say how it isn't going to work - which in and of itself is valuable in the sense that it can be seen as constructive criticism - however - just about everyone who contributed to this thread is trying to come up with ideas to MAKE IT WORK - saying no one is going to work on it and that it's never going to happen always seems to kill the enthusiasm of those discussing the possibilities - and yes, in each thread someone ALWAYS mentions the message in a bottle method with a vc game, and it is prudent to point out the problems with this but in this thread and others, there are always new ideas too...I'm just curious - you seem fo have some insight into how everything works - how woukd you make it work (in theory)?
thats because you see so much bulshit ideas from people that dont know what their talking about thinking they find the holy grail, i cant cant how much stupidy i see people still saying oh the wiiu can emulate gc using nintendont so every console can too, when nintendont isnt even an emulator and such.

Same way here i keep seeing people saying oh all we need to do is make the game exit back to vwii system channel so we can enter the homebrew channel, when they dont even understand those games do not run on stock vwii, its all "special" fw and ios, built in the game themselves, you wouldnt have acess to any installed stuff on normal vwii and so on not to mention people havent even cracked the header to replace the wii injection game let alone reverse engenering the ios and fw nintendo added to those games, that and all the devs working on it are gone so who will do this extremely hard piece of the work i ask you, show me just one person with the skills that is even remotely interested in doing so and i will shut up forever on this matter.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thats because you see so much bulshit ideas from people that dont know what their talking about thinking they find the holy grail, i cant cant how much stupidy i see people still saying oh the wiiu can emulate gc using nintendont so every console can too, when nintendont isnt even an emulator and such.

Same way here i keep seeing people saying oh all we need to do is make the game exit back to vwii system channel so we can enter the homebrew channel, when they dont even understand those games do not run on stock vwii, its all "special" fw and ios, built in the game themselves, you wouldnt have acess to any installed stuff on normal vwii and so on not to mention people havent even cracked the header to replace the wii injection game let alone reverse engenering the ios and fw nintendo added to those games, that and all the devs working on it are gone so who will do this extremely hard piece of the work i ask you, show me just one person with the skills that is even remotely interested in doing so and i will shut up forever on this matter.
Well it's a case that is worse than playing DS games on the 3DS. Everyone was like "can we play them without a linker?", everyone was like "why would that even be a thing when it's so hard to do and linkers cost $2?" too, and then nds-bootstrap and TWLoader out of nowhere.
Why could the same not happen for this idea here?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well it's a case that is worse than playing DS games on the 3DS. Everyone was like "can we play them without a linker?", everyone was like "why would that even be a thing when it's so hard to do and linkers cost $2?" too, and then nds-bootstrap and TWLoader out of nowhere.
Why could the same not happen for this idea here?
nintendo didnt release ds games on e shop with custom fw and cias or whatever the 3ds uses to play them, its a totaly diferent question, i even talked with some known hacker and they said if you somehow found an exploit of the game the moment you exited the game it would either crash or exit back to wiiu menu disbaling the gamepad all together since there is no Vwii menu under the game at all on those fws.

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about having the custom fw and cios boot any of the executable files that one would normally load from the hbc (I think they are .elf?) That seems much more feasible given what you said @pedro702

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
nintendo didnt release ds games on e shop with custom fw and cias or whatever the 3ds uses to play them, its a totaly diferent question, i even talked with some known hacker and they said if you somehow found an exploit of the game the moment you exited the game it would either crash or exit back to wiiu menu disbaling the gamepad all together since there is no Vwii menu under the game at all on those fws.
That was not my point.
I did not mean "we can make this work the same way we make DS games work on the 3DS".
I only meant that playing DS games on 3DS was something annoying to do that wouldn't benefit too many people (because at worst, people can buy a linker) etc, the exact same way the gamepad on vWii can be of interest to some people... and people still did it.

Now yeah, this particular idea to make the gamepad work on vWii may never work, but still don't deter people from trying. Maybe the ones who failed stopped at the first wall but more motivated people would find an idea to make it work or something.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What about having the custom fw and cios boot any of the executable files that one would normally load from the hbc (I think they are .elf?) That seems much more feasible given what you said @pedro702
you have no way to load anything once vwii mode is trigered you loose all acess to usb/sd cards since nintendo cutted those from their cfw so your left with nothing to load files from, the only way ever to get gamepad acess is
1-reverse engenering the custom fw/ios and make some for vwii itself.
2- crack the header and replace the game rom so it runs under those conditions.

both of this methods are incredibly hard and need someone who is an expert.

That was not my point.
I did not mean "we can make this work the same way we make DS games work on the 3DS".
I only meant that playing DS games on 3DS was something annoying to do that wouldn't benefit too many people (because at worst, people can buy a linker) etc, the exact same way the gamepad on vWii can be of interest to some people... and people still did it.

Now yeah, this particular idea to make the gamepad work on vWii may never work, but still don't deter people from trying. Maybe the ones who failed stopped at the first wall but more motivated people would find an idea to make it work or something.
the other major diferrence is people actualy care about 3ds, it has alot of devs while wiiu is a dead console and most devs are gone and barely anyone if anyone is still considered working on wiiu stuff is left, heck even retroarch team left wiiu port with everything crashing on lastest release and went away let alone anyone for this task wich needs lots of hours and knoledge to pull off.

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to be honest @pedro702 - I'm pretty sure that's that's the first time someone has succinctly said what actually needs to get done for this at least not barring some other method someone might come up - I just hate to see enthusiam for something like this to get squashed so soon - because for me having the gamepad run in vwii or something like it where I can run vwii homebrew at least, unlocks my system completely.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
but mah dreamz!!!

to be honest @pedro702 - I'm pretty sure that's that's the first time someone has succinctly said what actually needs to get done for this at least on not barring some other method someone might come up - I just hate to see enthusiam for something like this to get squashed so soon - because for me having the gamepad run in vwii or something like it where I can run vwii homebrew at least, unlocks my system completely.
I can agree 100% with this.
I hate having to switch to the Wiimote everytime I want to go to vWii, and since I don't use them as often anymore, I tend to grab a Wiimote with dead (rechargeable) batteries every single time. XD
Annoying af.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay....outside the box thinking....The retroarch team initially had no interest in the Wii U - because they themselves didn't have the hardware -then someone on the forums got them a Wii U. Boom Retroarch for Wii U - huge step forward and really fast - Do we know any devs who would do this - and is there a way people on here could support them (i.e. take up a collection)?

The problems I immediately see with this is: it's presumptive - enough people would have to have interest in this for something like that to be feasible
two there is no real guarantee - though I would like to hear what a dev would say if presented the opportunity for something like that

I don't know if there is enough support on here for something like that or not - but I would certainly contribute

*edit ... another one of those pie in the sky, big ideas @pedro :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay....outside the box thinking....The retroarch team initially had no interest in the Wii U - because they themselves didn't have the hardware -then someone on the forums got them a Wii U. Boom Retroarch for Wii U - huge step forward and really fast - Do we know any devs who would do this - and is there a way people on here could support them (i.e. take up a collection)?

The problems I immediately see with this is: it's presumptive - enough people would have to have interest in this for something like that to be feasible
two there is no real guarantee - though I would like to hear what a dev would say if presented the opportunity for something like that

I don't know if there is enough support on here for something like that or not - but I would certainly contribute
yeah but the the retroarch team imidiatly drooped the wiiu port and now the latest wiiu retroarch version crashes on every emu and they didint even bothered to fix that and now its kinda abandoned.

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just use the most stable builds and ...well it works more than well enough for me at the moment - I agree the project lost momentum - but I can play a lot of games on my gamepad that I couldn't before - I OCCASIONALLY have my emulators crash, but for the most part the ones that are available on the app store are the most stable, and pretty stable at that....and Retroarch for Wii U isn't even half a year old yet if I remember correctly
yeah but the the retroarch team imidiatly drooped the wiiu port and now the latest wiiu retroarch version crashes on every emu and they didint even bothered to fix that and now its kinda abandoned.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's not dropped. They're still working and there's even bountry for Dynarec PPC core. Stop spreading fake news everywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ